|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, September 3: The Investigator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Night-Soil Men, what hours did the night-soil men work?
(a) Midnight to 5 a.m.
(b) 1 a.m. to 6 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.
2. What did Whithead mix Broad Street water with at the end of The Investigator?
3. By Sunday morning, how many people were on the edge of death?
4. When did Queen Victoria decide to give chloroform a try?
5. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, how many animals would a slaughterhouse at the edge of Soho on Marshall Street kill per day on average?
(a) 5 oxen and 7 sheep.
(b) 20 oxen and 23 sheep.
(c) 2 oxen and 6 sheep.
(d) 10 oxen and 12 sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the cholera outbreak of 1831, what group of individuals did Snow treat?
2. When long ago were composting pits used by the citizens of Knossos?
3. In The Investigator, when was the cholera outbreak that made curing cholera one of the most urgent medical riddles of the time?
4. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, with whom did Henry Whitehead share a room?
5. In The Night-Soil Men, what did the toshers wear?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)