|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday, September 3: The Investigator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Thomas and Sarah Lewis's infant daughter become sick?
(a) August 5, 1854.
(b) August 30, 1854.
(c) August 28, 1854.
(d) August 1, 1854.
2. About how many people were part of the London scavengers in The Night-Soil Men?
3. In The Investigator, how old is John Snow?
4. How long did Queen Victoria inhale chloroform when she had her eighth child?
(a) 53 minutes.
(b) 62 minutes.
(c) 39 minutes.
(d) 48 minutes.
5. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, with whom did Henry Whitehead share a room?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Earl of Craven purchase a block of land called Soho Field?
2. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, with whom did Susannah Eley share a bottle of water from the Broad Street pump?
3. How long of a pole did toshers carry in The Night-Soil Men?
4. Which of Charles Dickens' novels had scene a where a team of toshers took coins from a corpse?
5. When was the first demonstration of ether in Boston?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)