|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Saturday, September 2: Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first Englishman to die from cholera in Britain?
(a) Peter Franklin.
(b) David Morris.
(c) John James.
(d) William Sproat.
2. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, how man dogs did a man at 38 Silver Street keep in one room?
3. Which college did Henry Whitehead attend at Oxford?
4. When long ago were composting pits used by the citizens of Knossos?
(a) 4,000 years.
(b) 4,500 years.
(c) 7,500 years.
(d) 8,000 years.
5. About how many people were part of the London scavengers in The Night-Soil Men?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, how many workers did the Lion Brewery on Broad Street employ?
2. How many men were on a team of night-soil workers?
3. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, when was the first time that cholera was known to exist on British soil?
4. In The Night-Soil Men, how many corpses were packed into a burial ground in Islington?
5. In 1851 in the subdistrict of Berwick Street, how many people were there per acre of land?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)