|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Saturday, September 2: Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When long ago were composting pits used by the citizens of Knossos?
(a) 7,500 years.
(b) 8,000 years.
(c) 4,500 years.
(d) 4,000 years.
2. When was Henry Whitehead offered a position at St. Luke's?
3. In The Night-Soil Men, what year was it?
4. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, when was the last time it had rained in London?
(a) End of July.
(b) First of August.
(c) Middle of July.
(d) Middle of August.
5. When was a water-flushing device invented by Sir John Harington?
(a) Early fifteenth century.
(b) Eighteenth century.
(c) Seventeenth century.
(d) Late sixteenth century.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Night-Soil Men, how long would it take a bone-picker go go over his rounds?
2. When did Thomas Latta come up with a water cure for cholera?
3. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, how many sheep would the main livestock market at Smithfield regularly sell in two days?
4. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, how man dogs did a man at 38 Silver Street keep in one room?
5. How many men were on a team of night-soil workers?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)