|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Ghost Map.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Building the Case, how many cholera patients were admitted to Middlesex Hospital?
(b) More than 120.
(d) About 130.
2. In Building the Case, of the 83 deaths recorded on Farr's list, how many of those were in houses that were closer to the Broad Street pump than any other water source?
3. When did Snow earn his bachelor of medicine degree from the University of London?
4. Where was St. Luke's Church located in Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue?
(a) Broad Street.
(b) Berwick Street.
(c) Regent Street.
(d) Hanover Street.
5. In The Ghost Map, when did Snow give testimony in Parliament on behalf of the "offensive Trades" (204)?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1846 what did Edwin Chadwick tell a parliamentary committee that the problem of London sewage was?
2. What did Whithead mix Broad Street water with at the end of The Investigator?
3. How old was Snow when he apprenticed to a surgeon on Newcastle-on-Tyne?
4. When was The Long Epidemiological Society founded?
5. About how many people were part of the London scavengers in The Night-Soil Men?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)