|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Ghost Map.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Thomas Latta come up with a water cure for cholera?
2. In The Night-Soil Men, how long would it take a bone-picker go go over his rounds?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 7-9 hours.
(c) 6-8 hours.
(d) 10 hours.
3. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, what had been the temperature for several straight days?
4. How long of a pole did toshers carry in The Night-Soil Men?
(a) 8 foot.
(b) 7 foot.
(c) 5 foot.
(d) 6 foot.
5. When were Sanskrit writings written that describe a cholera-like disease?
(a) 1241 B.C.
(b) After 40 A.D.
(c) 500 A.D.
(d) Around 500 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the 1800s, how much tea was imported to England?
2. In The Night-Soil Men, what hours did the night-soil men work?
3. In the year 1000, how many people lived in Rome?
4. What did the Board of Health have put on the streets in All Smell is Disease?
5. How old was Snow when he read John Frank Newton's 1811 manifesto "The Return to Nature: A Defense of the Vegetable Regimen"?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)