|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, September 8: The Pump Handle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did doctors begin recommending chloroform for the discomfort of childbirth?
2. When did Whitehead believe that paitent zero would have fallen ill?
(a) August 30.
(b) August 31.
(c) Around August 29.
(d) Around August 28.
3. At the beginning of All Smell is Disease, how many people did Whitehead see recover?
4. In The Pump Handle, how many deaths did Whitehead say occurred at the model home on Peter Street?
5. In All Smell is Disease, how many homes in 1849 were found to have offensive smells from bad drainage?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Queen Victoria decide to give chloroform a try?
2. In All Smell is Disease, how many people died in the cholera outbreak of 1848-1849?
3. In All Smell Is Disease, when was a study done that discovered that strong smells triggered activity in the amygdala and the ventral insula of the brain?
4. When did Snow propose a theory that an agent that victims ingested was the cause of cholera?
5. In 1843, where did a proposal want to have cast-iron sewers transport waste?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)