|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, September 8: The Pump Handle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Investigator, how many blocks were ravished by cholera?
(a) 7 square blocks.
(b) 5 square blocks.
(c) 8 square blocks.
(d) 3 square blocks.
2. When did Edwin Chadwick publish his study of sanitation among the laboring classes?
3. In All Smell is Disease, how did John Snow spend September 5?
(a) Analyzing water samples.
(b) Looking for patterns.
(c) Treating patients.
(d) Taking water samples to a chemist.
4. How long did it take after Pacini glimpsed bacteria in his microscope for others to make the same discovery?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 3 decades.
(c) 4 decades.
(d) 50 years.
5. In The Investigator, how old is John Snow?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Pump Handle, when did the board of governors of St. James Parish hold an emergency meeting?
2. When was Edwin Chadwick appointed to the Poor Law Commission?
3. When did Queen Victoria decide to give chloroform a try?
4. In The Pump Handle, how many cases of cholera were reported on Saturday morning according to The Globe?
5. How long did Queen Victoria inhale chloroform when she had her eighth child?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)