|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, September 8: The Pump Handle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Thomas Lewis fight the disease before dying?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 3 days.
2. What class of people did Whitehead notice during a sermon had survived the plague in disproportionate numbers?
(a) Poor teenagers.
(b) Poor, elderly men.
(c) Poor, elderly women.
(d) Poor children under ten.
3. What did John Snow's father do for a living?
4. In The Investigator, when was the cholera outbreak that made curing cholera one of the most urgent medical riddles of the time?
5. In The Investigator in 1848 on what steamer did John Harnold work as a crewman?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Pump Handle, how many cases of cholera were reported on Saturday morning according to The Globe?
2. When did Snow propose a theory that an agent that victims ingested was the cause of cholera?
3. When did Queen Victoria decide to give chloroform a try?
4. In The Pump Handle, how long did the deaths in Soho continue after the pump handle was removed?
5. When was Edwin Chadwick appointed to the Poor Law Commission?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)