|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, September 8: The Pump Handle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Pump Handle, how many deaths did Whitehead say occurred at the model home on Peter Street?
2. By Sunday morning, how many people had died in the last 24hours?
3. When did Queen Victoria decide to give chloroform a try?
4. By Sunday morning, how many people were on the edge of death?
5. When Whitehead research the records, how long did he discover that the Lewis baby was sick before she died?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In All Smell is Disease, up until what date was it illegal to discharge raw waste into the sewers?
2. In All Smell is Disease, when did Benjamin become president of the Board of Health?
3. In The Pump Handle, for what age children was getting water from the Broad Street pump a common chore?
4. In All Smell is Disease, how far back did the miasma theory date to?
5. How long did Queen Victoria inhale chloroform when she had her eighth child?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)