Monday, August 28: The Night-Soil Men
1. In The Night-Soil Men, what year was it?
2. About how many people were part of the London scavengers in The Night-Soil Men?
3. At the beginning of The Night-Soil Men, what river would the toshers wade through the muck of low tide?
4. In The Night-Soil Men, what did the toshers wear?
(b) Corduroy jackets.
(c) Leather boots.
(d) Velveteen coats.
5. How long of a pole did toshers carry in The Night-Soil Men?
(a) 5 foot.
(b) 6 foot.
(c) 8 foot.
(d) 7 foot.
6. In The Night-Soil Men, what did the pure-finders collect?
(a) Human feces.
(b) Horse feces.
(c) Rat feces.
(d) Dog feces.
7. Which of Charles Dickens' novels had scene a where a team of toshers took coins from a corpse?
(a) Hard Times.
(b) Little Dorrit.
(c) Out Mutual Friend.
(d) Bleak House.
8. In The Night-Soil Men, how long would it take a bone-picker go go over his rounds?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 6-8 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 7-9 hours.
This section contains 3,541 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)