Part I (Chapters 1 - 6)
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Lee, Mackenzi. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue. Harper Collins, New York, 2017.
• This book is written in the first person, present-tense and is narrated by Henry "Monty" Montague.
• In Chapter 1, Henry wakes up next to his best friend Percy Newton in his house in Cheshire, England after a night of heavy drinking.
• It is the day Henry, Percy, and Henry's younger sister Felicity are to leave for the continent - Europe - for their "Grand Tour," a few months of traveling together.
• Henry is attracted sexually to Percy, but Henry does not have any reason to believe Percy returns his feelings.
• Henry feels terrible with a hangover but he laughs and jokes with Percy as he dresses. Percy and Henry have grown up together as friends.
• Henry hears his infant...
This section contains 9,323 words
(approx. 32 pages at 300 words per page)