|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what other weapon does the group discuss using?
2. Who says they will supply the personnel for Operation Monte Christo?
3. In Chapter 10, why do the families of the people involved in Operation Monte Christo come to Fort Bragg?
4. What does Dorothy Simms say happened to her husband in Vietnam?
5. How do the Green Berets get Peter-Paul to tell them the location of the tapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. While having lunch with Dorothy in Chapter 11, how does Lowell feel?
2. In Chapter 11, what happens during training?
3. What is revealed about Howard during the meeting in Chapter 8?
4. Why is a meeting called in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 13, what happens between Lowell and MacMillan?
6. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
7. What will Felter's role be in Operation Monte Christo?
8. What happens when Dorothy goes out to get her hair done?
9. In Chapter 10, what do Lowell and Bellmon decide about the planes to be used in Operation Monte Christo?
10. How do the Green Berets get Peter-Paul to tell them where the tapes are located?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use foreshadowing? Is this effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use actual historical facts in this novel? How does this technique affect the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the theme of secrecy in this novel and how it affects the development of the novel.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)