|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lowell do at Camp McCall in Chapter 11?
2. Why will the troops involved in Operation Monte Christo be sequestered?
3. Why does Lowell think Barbara spread gossip about the Air Force wives?
4. After being questioned in Chapter 13, what does Dorothy agree to do?
5. What is the name of the street Felter lives on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dorothy get in trouble in Chapter 13?
2. What does Lowell do at the end of Chapter 14?
3. How do the Green Berets get Peter-Paul to tell them where the tapes are located?
4. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
5. What is revealed about Howard during the meeting in Chapter 8?
6. What happens when Dorothy goes out to get her hair done?
7. How does Felter know Dorothy Simms?
8. What will Felter's role be in Operation Monte Christo?
9. Why does Dorothy start to question the work Lowell does?
10. How does Lowell help Simms in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the operation from planning through execution and the impact this has on the characters.
Essay Topic 2
How is romance part of this novel? Analyze the relationship between the romantic subplots and the main plot line.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the theme of secrecy in this novel and how it affects the development of the novel.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)