|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorothy have take care of his children before leaving town with Lowell in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Lowell think Barbara spread gossip about the Air Force wives?
3. What does Lowell do when MacMillan starts a fight with him in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 8, what position is Lowell supposed to be filling?
5. Why does Lowell not want to get caught in a relationship with Dorothy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Felter in charge of for the meeting in Chapter 10?
2. How does Bellmon feel about Lowell's affair with Dorothy?
3. While having lunch with Dorothy in Chapter 11, how does Lowell feel?
4. In Chapter 12, why does the team have a meeting?
5. What happens when Dorothy goes out to get her hair done?
6. In Chapter 13, what happens between Lowell and MacMillan?
7. Why is a meeting called in Chapter 8?
8. What will Felter's role be in Operation Monte Christo?
9. In Chapter 11, what happens during training?
10. How does Lowell help Simms in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is this novel a genre novel? What genre is it? How does it fit into this description? What is the effect of this?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least two of the characters' feelings toward the military and service.
Essay Topic 3
How is symbolism used in this novel?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)