|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does security do to the JFK Center before Lowell has his meeting in Chapter 10?
2. Why is it surprising that Dorothy Simms accepts the plane ride with Lowell in Chapter 9?
3. Who says they will supply the personnel for Operation Monte Christo?
4. Who does Dorothy have take care of his children before leaving town with Lowell in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 14, who questions Peter-Paul with Franklin?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what happens during training?
2. In Chapter 10, what do Lowell and Bellmon decide about the planes to be used in Operation Monte Christo?
3. What happens when Craig runs into Lowell in Chapter 12?
4. What surprises Dorothy about Lowell in Chapter 11?
5. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
6. How do the Green Berets get Peter-Paul to tell them where the tapes are located?
7. How does Bellmon feel about Lowell's affair with Dorothy?
8. How does Lowell help Simms in Chapter 9?
9. In Chapter 13, what happens between Lowell and MacMillan?
10. What is Felter in charge of for the meeting in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two of the characters' feelings toward the military and service.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use actual historical facts in this novel? How does this technique affect the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use foreshadowing? Is this effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)