|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who does Felter need to sign his documents?
2. In Chapter 10, why do the families of the people involved in Operation Monte Christo come to Fort Bragg?
3. What staffing issue is the biggest concern during the meeting in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 8, what nickname is the meeting given?
5. Why is Howard able to appoint Lowell in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Felter's role be in Operation Monte Christo?
2. What does Felter learn about his job in Chapter 9?
3. How does Bellmon feel about Lowell's affair with Dorothy?
4. In Chapter 14, what does Lowell tell Dorothy about his son?
5. How does Felter know Dorothy Simms?
6. Why does Dorothy start to question the work Lowell does?
7. While having lunch with Dorothy in Chapter 11, how does Lowell feel?
8. How does Dorothy get in trouble in Chapter 13?
9. How do the Green Berets get Peter-Paul to tell them where the tapes are located?
10. What is Operation Monte Christo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the message the author conveys about they social class system in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the development of the plot. Explain how the plot line and development are used to engage the reader.
Essay Topic 3
What message does the author deliver about family relations?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)