|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leisure activity do Lowell and Bellmon do in Chapter 10?
2. What date is the focus of the meeting in Chapter 8?
3. Who is Felter a liaison for?
4. In Chapter 10, who must Felter give the classified documents to?
5. Where does Howard want Lowell to be assigned?
Short Essay Questions
1. While having lunch with Dorothy in Chapter 11, how does Lowell feel?
2. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 8, why is the 11th Air Assault Division a topic of interest?
4. What is revealed about Howard during the meeting in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 14, what does Lowell tell Dorothy about his son?
6. What happens when Craig runs into Lowell in Chapter 12?
7. In the meeting in Chapter 8, why is Lowell mentioned?
8. What does Felter learn about his job in Chapter 9?
9. How does Dorothy get in trouble in Chapter 13?
10. How does Lowell help Simms in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use foreshadowing? Is this effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the operation from planning through execution and the impact this has on the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the message the author conveys about they social class system in this novel.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)