|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorothy Simms say happened to her husband in Vietnam?
2. What type of operation will Operation Monte Christo be?
3. What does Lowell do when MacMillan starts a fight with him in Chapter 13?
4. During the meeting in Chapter 10, what is decided about telling people about Operation Monte Christo?
5. What does Lowell do when he lands in Fayetteville in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Howard during the meeting in Chapter 8?
2. How does Lowell help Simms in Chapter 9?
3. How do the Green Berets get Peter-Paul to tell them where the tapes are located?
4. What will Felter's role be in Operation Monte Christo?
5. Why does Dorothy start to question the work Lowell does?
6. In the meeting in Chapter 8, why is Lowell mentioned?
7. What does Felter learn about his job in Chapter 9?
8. In Chapter 13, what happens between Lowell and MacMillan?
9. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
10. In Chapter 12, why does the team have a meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is there an antagonist in this novel? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the development of the plot. Explain how the plot line and development are used to engage the reader.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use actual historical facts in this novel? How does this technique affect the novel?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)