|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorothy decide to do after Lowell's party in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Lowell think Barbara spread gossip about the Air Force wives?
3. Where is the meeting in Chapter 8?
4. When Lowell returns to base in Chapter 13, who is waiting for him?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Dorothy begin to ask questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what is decided at the meeting at JFK Center?
2. In Chapter 10, what do Lowell and Bellmon decide about the planes to be used in Operation Monte Christo?
3. What happens during Lowell and Dorothy's vacation in Chapter 12?
4. In Chapter 14, what does Lowell tell Dorothy about his son?
5. What is Operation Monte Christo?
6. How does Dorothy get in trouble in Chapter 13?
7. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
8. What does Felter learn about his job in Chapter 9?
9. In Chapter 13, what happens between Lowell and MacMillan?
10. In the meeting in Chapter 8, why is Lowell mentioned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the operation from planning through execution and the impact this has on the characters.
Essay Topic 2
Is there an antagonist in this novel? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two of the characters' feelings toward the military and service.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)