|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dorothy wake up Peter-Paul in Chapter 14?
2. What is the name of the street Felter lives on?
3. Who does Lowell and his group spend the night with in Chapter 9?
4. What does Dorothy Simms say happened to her husband in Vietnam?
5. What does Craig tell Lowell he noticed missing from bases in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dorothy get in trouble in Chapter 13?
2. Why is a meeting called in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 12, why does the team have a meeting?
4. In Chapter 8, why is the 11th Air Assault Division a topic of interest?
5. How does Bellmon feel about Lowell's affair with Dorothy?
6. What is Felter in charge of for the meeting in Chapter 10?
7. In the meeting in Chapter 8, why is Lowell mentioned?
8. In Chapter 13, what happens between Lowell and MacMillan?
9. What does Felter learn about his job in Chapter 9?
10. In Chapter 10, what is decided at the meeting at JFK Center?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use descriptive passages in this novel? Is this effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is brotherhood a theme in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the theme of secrecy in this novel and how it affects the development of the novel.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)