|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who does Lowell tell about his son?
2. What role in Operation Monte Christo is Felter given?
3. What documents are in the briefcase in Chapter 10?
4. Where is the headquarters for Operation Monte Christo?
5. During the meeting in Chapter 10, what is decided about telling people about Operation Monte Christo?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does the team have a meeting?
2. In Chapter 10, what is decided at the meeting at JFK Center?
3. What does Lowell do at the end of Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 8, why is the 11th Air Assault Division a topic of interest?
5. While having lunch with Dorothy in Chapter 11, how does Lowell feel?
6. In Chapter 14, what does Lowell tell Dorothy about his son?
7. How do the Green Berets get Peter-Paul to tell them where the tapes are located?
8. What happens during Lowell and Dorothy's vacation in Chapter 12?
9. What is Operation Monte Christo?
10. How does the interrogation of Peter-Paul begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use actual historical facts in this novel? How does this technique affect the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the development of the plot. Explain how the plot line and development are used to engage the reader.
Essay Topic 3
How is romance part of this novel? Analyze the relationship between the romantic subplots and the main plot line.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)