|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Howard feel about Lowell's assigned position in Chapter 8?
2. What does Lowell do at Camp McCall in Chapter 11?
3. What type of operation will Operation Monte Christo be?
4. What upsets MacMillan most about Lowell's affair with Dorothy?
5. Where is the meeting in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Lowell tell Dorothy about his son?
2. How does the interrogation of Peter-Paul begin?
3. While having lunch with Dorothy in Chapter 11, how does Lowell feel?
4. In Chapter 8, why is the 11th Air Assault Division a topic of interest?
5. How does Dorothy get in trouble in Chapter 13?
6. How does Felter know Dorothy Simms?
7. What does Lowell do at the end of Chapter 14?
8. What does Felter learn about his job in Chapter 9?
9. What is revealed about Howard during the meeting in Chapter 8?
10. What happens when Craig runs into Lowell in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use actual historical facts in this novel? How does this technique affect the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How is symbolism used in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two of the characters in this novel.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)