|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorothy have take care of his children before leaving town with Lowell in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Craig fly the helicopter in Chapter 12?
3. What does Craig tell Lowell he noticed missing from bases in Chapter 12?
4. How does Lowell know Dorothy's brother?
5. What will be attacked in Operation Monte Christo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felter learn about his job in Chapter 9?
2. What is Felter in charge of for the meeting in Chapter 10?
3. What happens when Dorothy goes out to get her hair done?
4. In Chapter 10, what is decided at the meeting at JFK Center?
5. While having lunch with Dorothy in Chapter 11, how does Lowell feel?
6. What does Lowell do at the end of Chapter 14?
7. What is Operation Monte Christo?
8. How does Bellmon feel about Lowell's affair with Dorothy?
9. What is revealed about Howard during the meeting in Chapter 8?
10. How does the interrogation of Peter-Paul begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use actual historical facts in this novel? How does this technique affect the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least two of the locations in this novel. Consider their purpose and affect on the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 3
How is romance part of this novel? Analyze the relationship between the romantic subplots and the main plot line.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)