|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who is patrolling Soc Trang?
2. How does Crowley respond to being moved to McCall?
3. What can Master Sergeant Petrofski trade for Scotch?
4. Why is Minor relieved of his position in Chapter 4?
5. Why is Lowell told to go into the Boot Strap Program?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what complicates Lowell's job?
2. What makes Brockley Air Force Base an ideal base?
3. What does Lowell do at the end of Chapter 14?
4. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
5. What is happening when Foo Two is attacked?
6. What does Felter learn about his job in Chapter 9?
7. What happens when Dorothy goes out to get her hair done?
8. How does Lowell help Simms in Chapter 9?
9. What does Lowell do after talking to Smitherman in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Dorothy start to question the work Lowell does?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how dialogue is used to develop character in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the message the author conveys about they social class system in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the development of the plot. Explain how the plot line and development are used to engage the reader.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)