|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Lowell tell Lemper?
2. What skill is Smitherman's group best known for?
3. How do the Special Forces feel about the Airborne Forces?
4. In Chapter 7, why does Craig end up buying a uniform?
5. In Chapter 6, where is the mission the military is readying themselves for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, why is the 11th Air Assault Division a topic of interest?
2. What happens when Dorothy goes out to get her hair done?
3. What does Felter learn about his job in Chapter 9?
4. What are the first things Craig sees when he visits his new apartment in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 6, what plans do the Marines make?
6. What makes Brockley Air Force Base an ideal base?
7. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
8. How does the operation at the POW camp begin?
9. How does Lowell try to get on Lemper's good side when they first meet?
10. What does Lowell's team tell the ship in Chapter 15?
Essay Topic 1
Examine how dialogue is used to develop character in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use descriptive passages in this novel? Is this effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two of the characters' feelings toward the military and service.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)