|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the chiefs meet after the missile crisis?
2. In Chapter 4, whose problem does Harke say transport is?
3. In Chapter 6, why is the military planning a mission?
4. What does Craig find when he first goes to his new apartment in Chapter 7?
5. What month is it in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Parker ejects from the plane in Chapter 6?
2. What happens when Craig tries to resign in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 6, what plans do the Marines make?
4. In Chapter 2, why can't Lowell's plane land at MacDill?
5. What are the first things Craig sees when he visits his new apartment in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 5, how do the other characters react to Harke's dismissal?
7. What is happening when Foo Two is attacked?
8. What does Smitherman tell Lowell about moving tanks in Chapter 4?
9. What does Craig decide about his uniform in Chapter 7?
10. What does Lowell do after talking to Smitherman in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two of the locations in this novel. Consider their purpose and affect on the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of women in this novel? What are the gender expectations?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the development of the plot. Explain how the plot line and development are used to engage the reader.
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)