Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Denn discuss with the military people?
2. Where does Lowell attend school to become an officer?
3. Why is Lowell's plane surrounded by military police when it lands in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Howard say he wants Lowell to do?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Lemper point out as a problem area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 3, what do Jiggs and Boone explain to the other men?
3. In Chapter 10, what do Lowell and Bellmon decide about the planes to be used in Operation Monte Christo?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Lowell decide to do career-wise?
5. In Chapter 4, what changes about Lemper's attitude toward Lowell?
6. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
7. How do the Vietnamese thwart attempts of an invasion in Chapter 6?
8. What surprises Dorothy about Lowell in Chapter 11?
9. What does Lowell do when he is told he can't land at MacDill in Chapter 2?
10. Why is Harke relieved of his duties in Chapter 4?
How does the author use descriptive passages in this novel? Is this effective? Why or why not?
Compare and contrast at least two of the locations in this novel. Consider their purpose and affect on the characters and plot.
Analyze Lowell as the hero in this novel.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)