|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Parker's co-pilot after ejecting from the plane in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 3, what is Hanrahan wearing?
3. Why does Lowell say he keeps an alarm system in his apartment with Ursula?
4. Where is Brockley Air Force Base located?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Craig end up buying a uniform?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Craig feel about his injuries in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 5, how do the other characters react to Harke's dismissal?
3. How does Lowell get away with his emergency landing in Chapter 3?
4. What happens after Parker ejects from the plane in Chapter 6?
5. What is John Denn doing in Chapter 2?
6. What does Lowell do after talking to Smitherman in Chapter 4?
7. What happens when Craig tries to resign in Chapter 7?
8. How does Lowell try to get on Lemper's good side when they first meet?
9. What makes Brockley Air Force Base an ideal base?
10. In Chapter 3, what do Jiggs and Boone explain to the other men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the operation from planning through execution and the impact this has on the characters.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use actual historical facts in this novel? How does this technique affect the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Lowell as the hero in this novel.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)