|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Craig become the person in charge?
2. In Chapter 3, what work does Lowell do?
3. What month is it in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 3, what is Lowell told to do to make up for landing the plane?
5. How many phones are in Lowell's apartment with Ursula?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Lowell decide to do career-wise?
2. In Chapter 2, why can't Lowell's plane land at MacDill?
3. What happens when the Russians agree to remove their missiles from Cuba?
4. In Chapter 3, what does Crowley learn?
5. What is happening when Foo Two is attacked?
6. How does Lowell try to get on Lemper's good side when they first meet?
7. How does Craig feel about his injuries in Chapter 1?
8. In Chapter 5, what complicates Lowell's job?
9. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
10. How do the Vietnamese thwart attempts of an invasion in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the operation from planning through execution and the impact this has on the characters.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use descriptive passages in this novel? Is this effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two of the locations in this novel. Consider their purpose and affect on the characters and plot.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)