|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Parker's family live?
2. In Chapter 6, why does Parker eject from the plane?
3. Why is Lowell told to go into the Boot Strap Program?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Denn say surprises him about the military?
5. In Chapter 6, where is the mission the military is readying themselves for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lowell try to get on Lemper's good side when they first meet?
2. In Chapter 5, what complicates Lowell's job?
3. What does Smitherman tell Lowell about moving tanks in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 6, what plans do the Marines make?
5. What makes Brockley Air Force Base an ideal base?
6. In Chapter 3, what do Jiggs and Boone explain to the other men?
7. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
8. What are the first things Craig sees when he visits his new apartment in Chapter 7?
9. What happens after Parker ejects from the plane in Chapter 6?
10. How do planes affect the attack on Foo Two in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What message does the author deliver about family relations?
Essay Topic 2
How is romance part of this novel? Analyze the relationship between the romantic subplots and the main plot line.
Essay Topic 3
How is this novel a genre novel? What genre is it? How does it fit into this description? What is the effect of this?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)