|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which camp is known as "Foo Two"?
2. In Chapter 3, what is Hanrahan wearing?
3. Why is Craig pleased to be injured in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Lowell say he keeps an alarm system in his apartment with Ursula?
5. What can Master Sergeant Petrofski trade for Scotch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do planes affect the attack on Foo Two in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Crowley learn?
3. What happens when the Russians agree to remove their missiles from Cuba?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Lowell decide to do career-wise?
5. What does Craig decide about his uniform in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 2, why can't Lowell's plane land at MacDill?
7. What does Lowell do after talking to Smitherman in Chapter 4?
8. In Chapter 5, how do the other characters react to Harke's dismissal?
9. In Chapter 6, what plans do the Marines make?
10. What happens after Parker ejects from the plane in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two of the characters in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the message the author conveys about they social class system in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the development of the plot. Explain how the plot line and development are used to engage the reader.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)