|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is said to be in charge should there be a Cuban invasion?
2. Where are many of Ursula's friend's from?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Denn discuss with the military people?
4. How does Craig feel about military life in relation to his marriage?
5. What job title does Harke have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Vietnamese thwart attempts of an invasion in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Crowley learn?
3. In Chapter 5, what complicates Lowell's job?
4. In Chapter 2, what complications arise with Cuba?
5. What is happening when Foo Two is attacked?
6. How do planes affect the attack on Foo Two in Chapter 1?
7. In Chapter 6, what plans do the Marines make?
8. In Chapter 2, why can't Lowell's plane land at MacDill?
9. In Chapter 3, what do Jiggs and Boone explain to the other men?
10. In Chapter 5, how do the other characters react to Harke's dismissal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two of the characters' feelings toward the military and service.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how dialogue is used to develop character in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two of the locations in this novel. Consider their purpose and affect on the characters and plot.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)