|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Parker's family live?
2. What can Master Sergeant Petrofski trade for Scotch?
3. What makes shipping from Brockley Air Force Base easy?
4. Where is Brockley Air Force Base located?
5. How do the Special Forces feel about the Airborne Forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Crowley learn?
2. In Chapter 2, why can't Lowell's plane land at MacDill?
3. What happens when Craig tries to resign in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 5, how do the other characters react to Harke's dismissal?
5. What is happening when Foo Two is attacked?
6. Why is Foo Two attacked?
7. What makes Brockley Air Force Base an ideal base?
8. What happens after Parker ejects from the plane in Chapter 6?
9. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
10. In Chapter 2, what complications arise with Cuba?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use foreshadowing? Is this effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use descriptive passages in this novel? Is this effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is romance part of this novel? Analyze the relationship between the romantic subplots and the main plot line.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)