|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lemper ask to send Lowell to Cuba with him if they go?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Harke think of an invasion of Cuba?
3. In Chapter 4, how does Howard react to Harke?
4. Why doesn't Howard fire Harke from his position?
5. Which camp is known as "Foo Two"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Russians agree to remove their missiles from Cuba?
2. What happens when Craig tries to resign in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 6, what plans do the Marines make?
4. Why is Harke relieved of his duties in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Crowley learn?
6. In Chapter 4, what changes about Lemper's attitude toward Lowell?
7. What is John Denn doing in Chapter 2?
8. What does Lowell do after talking to Smitherman in Chapter 4?
9. What are the first things Craig sees when he visits his new apartment in Chapter 7?
10. How does Craig feel about his injuries in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is symbolism used in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
How is romance part of this novel? Analyze the relationship between the romantic subplots and the main plot line.
Essay Topic 3
What message does the author deliver about family relations?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)