|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Craig find when he first goes to his new apartment in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Denn discuss with the military people?
3. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
4. In Chapter 4, whose problem does Harke say transport is?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Lemper say after watching Lowell work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Brockley Air Force Base an ideal base?
2. In Chapter 2, what complications arise with Cuba?
3. What happens when Craig tries to resign in Chapter 7?
4. What is happening when Foo Two is attacked?
5. How do the Vietnamese thwart attempts of an invasion in Chapter 6?
6. How does Lowell try to get on Lemper's good side when they first meet?
7. In Chapter 6, what does Lowell decide to do career-wise?
8. Why is Foo Two attacked?
9. What is John Denn doing in Chapter 2?
10. How does Lowell get away with his emergency landing in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two of the characters' feelings toward the military and service.
Essay Topic 2
How is this novel a genre novel? What genre is it? How does it fit into this description? What is the effect of this?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the development of the plot. Explain how the plot line and development are used to engage the reader.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)