|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lowell attend school to become an officer?
2. In Chapter 3, who is said to be in charge should there be a Cuban invasion?
3. Why is Lowell told to go into the Boot Strap Program?
4. Why does Lowell think declaring an emergency is a good idea in Chapter 2?
5. Why does Denn visit a South Dakota farm in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Russians agree to remove their missiles from Cuba?
2. What does Lowell do when he is told he can't land at MacDill in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 5, what complicates Lowell's job?
4. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
5. What are the first things Craig sees when he visits his new apartment in Chapter 7?
6. What makes Brockley Air Force Base an ideal base?
7. What is John Denn doing in Chapter 2?
8. How do planes affect the attack on Foo Two in Chapter 1?
9. How does Craig feel about his injuries in Chapter 1?
10. In Chapter 5, how do the other characters react to Harke's dismissal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Lowell as the hero in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the operation from planning through execution and the impact this has on the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two of the characters in this novel.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)