|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When returning home in Chapter 7, what city is Craig's first stop in the United States?
2. In Chapter 4, how does Howard react to Harke?
3. What month is it in Chapter 6?
4. What does Hanrahan say he was doing when Lowell made the decision to land the plane?
5. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first things Craig sees when he visits his new apartment in Chapter 7?
2. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
3. What does Craig decide about his uniform in Chapter 7?
4. What is happening when Foo Two is attacked?
5. In Chapter 5, what complicates Lowell's job?
6. In Chapter 3, what does Crowley learn?
7. How do the Vietnamese thwart attempts of an invasion in Chapter 6?
8. How does Lowell get away with his emergency landing in Chapter 3?
9. What happens after Parker ejects from the plane in Chapter 6?
10. In Chapter 3, what do Jiggs and Boone explain to the other men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use foreshadowing? Is this effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the development of the plot. Explain how the plot line and development are used to engage the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two of the characters' feelings toward the military and service.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)