|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job title does Harke have?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Lowell tell Lemper?
3. What year is it in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 6, why does Parker eject from the plane?
5. What skill is Smitherman's group best known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do planes affect the attack on Foo Two in Chapter 1?
2. What is John Denn doing in Chapter 2?
3. How does Craig feel about his injuries in Chapter 1?
4. What are the first things Craig sees when he visits his new apartment in Chapter 7?
5. What does Smitherman tell Lowell about moving tanks in Chapter 4?
6. In Chapter 4, what changes about Lemper's attitude toward Lowell?
7. What does Lowell do after talking to Smitherman in Chapter 4?
8. How do the Vietnamese thwart attempts of an invasion in Chapter 6?
9. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
10. How does Lowell try to get on Lemper's good side when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two of the characters in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least two of the characters' feelings toward the military and service.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the operation from planning through execution and the impact this has on the characters.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)