|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does the Navy plane do to the camp?
2. When does Craig become the person in charge?
3. What job title does Harke have?
4. Why does Lowell think declaring an emergency is a good idea in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Craig pleased to be injured in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Lowell decide to do career-wise?
2. In Chapter 2, what complications arise with Cuba?
3. How do the Vietnamese thwart attempts of an invasion in Chapter 6?
4. How does Lowell get away with his emergency landing in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 6, what plans do the Marines make?
6. In Chapter 2, why can't Lowell's plane land at MacDill?
7. What does Lowell do when he is told he can't land at MacDill in Chapter 2?
8. What is happening when Foo Two is attacked?
9. In Chapter 3, what does Crowley learn?
10. What happens when Craig tries to resign in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of loyalty in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how dialogue is used to develop character in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the operation from planning through execution and the impact this has on the characters.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)