|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
2. In Chapter 3, what work does Lowell do?
3. Who breaks the news that the Russians agreed to take their missiles out of Cuba?
4. Where is MacDill located?
5. Why is Lowell's plane surrounded by military police when it lands in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lowell do when he is told he can't land at MacDill in Chapter 2?
2. What does Lowell do after talking to Smitherman in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 3, what do Jiggs and Boone explain to the other men?
4. What does Craig decide about his uniform in Chapter 7?
5. What does Smitherman tell Lowell about moving tanks in Chapter 4?
6. How does Craig feel about his injuries in Chapter 1?
7. In Chapter 6, what does Lowell decide to do career-wise?
8. How do planes affect the attack on Foo Two in Chapter 1?
9. In Chapter 4, what changes about Lemper's attitude toward Lowell?
10. What happens after Parker ejects from the plane in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is brotherhood a theme in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of loyalty in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Lowell as the hero in this novel.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)