|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what work does Lowell do?
2. In Chapter 6, who is patrolling Soc Trang?
3. When does Craig become the person in charge?
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Craig buy a uniform?
5. Who breaks the news that the Russians agreed to take their missiles out of Cuba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Parker ejects from the plane in Chapter 6?
2. What does Lowell do after talking to Smitherman in Chapter 4?
3. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
4. In Chapter 3, what do Jiggs and Boone explain to the other men?
5. What are the first things Craig sees when he visits his new apartment in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 5, how do the other characters react to Harke's dismissal?
7. In Chapter 2, what complications arise with Cuba?
8. How does Lowell get away with his emergency landing in Chapter 3?
9. In Chapter 6, what plans do the Marines make?
10. What does Smitherman tell Lowell about moving tanks in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the operation from planning through execution and the impact this has on the characters.
Essay Topic 2
What message does the author deliver about family relations?
Essay Topic 3
How is romance part of this novel? Analyze the relationship between the romantic subplots and the main plot line.
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)