|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what did the Vietnamese do to the Mohawk?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Craig reveal to Lowell about his personal life?
3. Where does Lowell attend school to become an officer?
4. In Chapter 6, where is the mission the military is readying themselves for?
5. What skill is Smitherman's group best known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Lowell decide to do career-wise?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Crowley learn?
3. In Chapter 2, why can't Lowell's plane land at MacDill?
4. What does Craig decide about his uniform in Chapter 7?
5. What happens when Craig tries to resign in Chapter 7?
6. What does Smitherman tell Lowell about moving tanks in Chapter 4?
7. What does Lowell do when he is told he can't land at MacDill in Chapter 2?
8. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
9. What happens when the Russians agree to remove their missiles from Cuba?
10. In Chapter 4, what changes about Lemper's attitude toward Lowell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the message the author conveys about they social class system in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least two of the locations in this novel. Consider their purpose and affect on the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the development of the plot. Explain how the plot line and development are used to engage the reader.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)