|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 6, what did the Vietnamese do to the Mohawk?
3. Why doesn't Howard fire Harke from his position?
4. Where is Brockley Air Force Base located?
5. What happens when Lowell's plane approaches MacDill Air Force Base in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what changes about Lemper's attitude toward Lowell?
2. What will Felter's role be in Operation Monte Christo?
3. In Chapter 10, what is decided at the meeting at JFK Center?
4. What happens when Dorothy goes out to get her hair done?
5. How does the operation at the POW camp begin?
6. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
7. In Chapter 8, why is the 11th Air Assault Division a topic of interest?
8. While having lunch with Dorothy in Chapter 11, how does Lowell feel?
9. What does Lowell's team tell the ship in Chapter 15?
10. What does Lowell do after talking to Smitherman in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of loyalty in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of women in this novel? What are the gender expectations?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two of the characters' feelings toward the military and service.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)