|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Lowell learn about Cuba?
2. Who does Lemper ask to send Lowell to Cuba with him if they go?
3. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
4. When Craig returns home in Chapter 7, who greets him?
5. In Chapter 6, what do the Marines find of Parker's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Foo Two attacked?
2. Why does Dorothy start to question the work Lowell does?
3. What happens when the Russians agree to remove their missiles from Cuba?
4. How does Craig feel about his injuries in Chapter 1?
5. What is revealed about Howard during the meeting in Chapter 8?
6. What are the first things Craig sees when he visits his new apartment in Chapter 7?
7. What happens when Dorothy goes out to get her hair done?
8. How does Dorothy get in trouble in Chapter 13?
9. How do the Green Berets get Peter-Paul to tell them where the tapes are located?
10. What is John Denn doing in Chapter 2?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two of the locations in this novel. Consider their purpose and affect on the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 2
How is symbolism used in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is romance part of this novel? Analyze the relationship between the romantic subplots and the main plot line.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)