|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Lowell say he wants his son to know about his confession?
(a) That no one cares.
(b) That there was no other way to get it.
(c) That it makes him a true American.
(d) That it was a joke.
2. What did the building used to be that now houses the Headquarters of the XVIII Airborne Corps?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A town hall.
(c) A school.
(d) A prison.
3. What state does Felter live in?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) North Carolina.
4. In Chapter 8, what nickname is the meeting given?
(a) The final meeting.
(b) The meeting of the brass.
(c) The golden meeting.
(d) The meeting of the brains.
5. Why does Bellmon threaten to bring charges against Lowell?
(a) For his affair with Dorothy.
(b) For his leak of information.
(c) Because he left town.
(d) Because he arrested Craig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will the troops involved in Operation Monte Christo be sequestered?
2. What division has been created since Howard's work with transportation?
3. Who does Dorothy have take care of his children before leaving town with Lowell in Chapter 12?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 12, how long has the group been in the conference room?
5. In Chapter 14, what role in the operation is Lowell given?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dorothy get in trouble in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 10, what do Lowell and Bellmon decide about the planes to be used in Operation Monte Christo?
3. What is Operation Monte Christo?
4. Why does Dorothy start to question the work Lowell does?
5. How does Bellmon feel about Lowell's affair with Dorothy?
6. What happens when Craig runs into Lowell in Chapter 12?
7. In the meeting in Chapter 8, why is Lowell mentioned?
8. What does Lowell do at the end of Chapter 14?
9. What surprises Dorothy about Lowell in Chapter 11?
10. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)