|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Parker and Craig related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are uncle and nephew.
(c) They are just good friends.
(d) They are brothers.
2. In Chapter 3, who is said to be in charge should there be a Cuban invasion?
3. Why is Lowell's plane surrounded by military police when it lands in Chapter 2?
(a) Because they didn't announce their landing.
(b) Because it is a civilian plane.
(c) Because the plane is in distress.
(d) Because he is a threat.
4. In Chapter 6, why is the military planning a mission?
(a) Because they had a ship captured.
(b) Because they found Vietcong supplies.
(c) Because they were threatened.
(d) Because they need to take captives.
5. In Chapter 4, what does Harke say about the Joint Assault Force?
(a) He says they are all idiots.
(b) He commends them for a job well done.
(c) He asks to be transferred to their team.
(d) He blames them for the problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Lowell tell Lemper?
2. Why doesn't Howard fire Harke from his position?
3. In Chapter 6, what do the Marines find of Parker's?
4. In Chapter 1, what do the three Hueys do when they land at camp?
5. When Craig returns home in Chapter 7, who greets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harke relieved of his duties in Chapter 4?
2. What does Smitherman tell Lowell about moving tanks in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 5, what complicates Lowell's job?
4. In Chapter 4, what changes about Lemper's attitude toward Lowell?
5. In Chapter 3, what do Jiggs and Boone explain to the other men?
6. How does Craig feel about his injuries in Chapter 1?
7. How do the Vietnamese thwart attempts of an invasion in Chapter 6?
8. How does Lowell try to get on Lemper's good side when they first meet?
9. What happens when the Russians agree to remove their missiles from Cuba?
10. What are the first things Craig sees when he visits his new apartment in Chapter 7?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)