Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lowell say he keeps an alarm system in his apartment with Ursula?
(a) Because he works with classified information.
(b) Because he has valuables.
(c) Because it is a dangerous neighborhood.
(d) Because it came with the apartment.
2. In Chapter 6, where is the mission the military is readying themselves for?
(a) An island.
(b) A delta.
(c) A jungle.
(d) The mainland.
3. In Chapter 6, who is patrolling Soc Trang?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Air Force.
4. How does Lemper feel about Lowell solving the transportation problem?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Lemper point out as a problem area?
(a) Honesty in the office.
(b) File maintenance.
(c) Personnel turnover.
(d) Rail transport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the chiefs meet after the missile crisis?
2. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
3. What does Hanrahan say he was doing when Lowell made the decision to land the plane?
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Craig buy a uniform?
5. Why is Lowell told to go into the Boot Strap Program?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Craig decide about his uniform in Chapter 7?
2. How does Bellmon feel about Lowell's affair with Dorothy?
3. In Chapter 5, how do the other characters react to Harke's dismissal?
4. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
5. While having lunch with Dorothy in Chapter 11, how does Lowell feel?
6. What problem does Lowell encounter inside the POW camp?
7. In Chapter 14, what does Lowell tell Dorothy about his son?
8. What happens when Craig tries to resign in Chapter 7?
9. How does Craig feel about his injuries in Chapter 1?
10. What does Smitherman tell Lowell about moving tanks in Chapter 4?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)