|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Master Sergeant Petrofski trade for Scotch?
(a) United States currency.
(c) Stolen loot.
2. What does Craig find when he first goes to his new apartment in Chapter 7?
(a) New clothes.
(c) A typewriter.
3. In Chapter 4, what does Lemper say after watching Lowell work?
(a) To ask for clearance before starting any new projects.
(b) To stop all transport.
(c) That he deserves a raise.
(d) To keep doing what he is doing.
4. In Chapter 3, what does Lemper point out as a problem area?
(a) File maintenance.
(b) Personnel turnover.
(c) Honesty in the office.
(d) Rail transport.
5. In Chapter 2, what does Denn say surprises him about the military?
(a) How lazy they are when they are off-duty.
(b) How much help they need with their investments.
(c) How much politics is involved.
(d) How well trained they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Lowell tell Lemper?
2. Why can't Craig resign in Chapter 7?
3. Why is Minor relieved of his position in Chapter 4?
4. After the missile crisis ends, when do the chiefs meet in Virginia?
5. What month is it in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what complications arise with Cuba?
2. In Chapter 3, what do Jiggs and Boone explain to the other men?
3. How do the Vietnamese thwart attempts of an invasion in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 5, what complicates Lowell's job?
5. In Chapter 2, why can't Lowell's plane land at MacDill?
6. In Chapter 5, how do the other characters react to Harke's dismissal?
7. What does Smitherman tell Lowell about moving tanks in Chapter 4?
8. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
9. What happens after Parker ejects from the plane in Chapter 6?
10. What does Lowell do when he is told he can't land at MacDill in Chapter 2?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)