|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Master Sergeant Petrofski need the guidance of a priest?
(a) Because he made the wrong decision during a battle.
(b) Because it was recommended.
(c) Because he has been depressed.
(d) Because of his religious beliefs.
2. After the missile crisis ends, when do the chiefs meet in Virginia?
(a) One week later.
(b) Two weeks later.
(c) One month later.
(d) Two months later.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Denn plan to do with the investment bankers?
(a) Go hunting.
(b) Have a conference.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Sell them insurance.
4. Where does Parker's family live?
5. Why does Lowell think declaring an emergency is a good idea in Chapter 2?
(a) He proved how powerful he is.
(b) He got the attention he wanted.
(c) He was able to land at MacDill.
(d) He doesn't think it is a good idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what did the Vietnamese do to the Mohawk?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Lemper point out as a problem area?
3. In Chapter 5, who does Lowell meet with at Brockley Air Force Base?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Denn say surprises him about the military?
5. Why doesn't Howard fire Harke from his position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Russians agree to remove their missiles from Cuba?
2. In Chapter 4, what changes about Lemper's attitude toward Lowell?
3. What are the first things Craig sees when he visits his new apartment in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Lowell decide to do career-wise?
5. In Chapter 5, how do the other characters react to Harke's dismissal?
6. What happens when Craig tries to resign in Chapter 7?
7. In Chapter 5, what complicates Lowell's job?
8. What does Smitherman tell Lowell about moving tanks in Chapter 4?
9. What does Lowell do after talking to Smitherman in Chapter 4?
10. What does Craig decide about his uniform in Chapter 7?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)