|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lowell told to go into the Boot Strap Program?
(a) So he can train others.
(b) So he can be commissioned.
(c) So he can be punished.
(d) So he can refresh his knowledge.
2. In Chapter 6, why does Parker eject from the plane?
(a) There was a storm.
(b) The glass blew out.
(c) The hydrolic system was bad.
(d) The wing caught on fire.
3. In Chapter 4, why does Lowell learn he can't put tanks on rail cars?
(a) Because of politics.
(b) Because of the cost.
(c) Because of the laws.
(d) Because of the weight.
4. Who tells Crowley he has been assigned to McCall?
5. Why does Lowell say he keeps an alarm system in his apartment with Ursula?
(a) Because he has valuables.
(b) Because it is a dangerous neighborhood.
(c) Because it came with the apartment.
(d) Because he works with classified information.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Boone say about Howard's treatment of Harke?
2. In Chapter 1, what does the Navy plane do to the camp?
3. What makes shipping from Brockley Air Force Base easy?
4. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
5. Who breaks the news that the Russians agreed to take their missiles out of Cuba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Smitherman tell Lowell about moving tanks in Chapter 4?
2. What makes Brockley Air Force Base an ideal base?
3. What is happening when Foo Two is attacked?
4. What does Lowell do when he is told he can't land at MacDill in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Crowley learn?
6. How does Lowell get away with his emergency landing in Chapter 3?
7. In Chapter 5, how do the other characters react to Harke's dismissal?
8. In Chapter 5, what complicates Lowell's job?
9. What is John Denn doing in Chapter 2?
10. What happens when the Russians agree to remove their missiles from Cuba?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)