Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Denn discuss with the military people?
(a) The rebuilding of Vietnam.
(b) The development of weapons.
(c) The invasion of Cuba.
(d) The loss of funding for the war.
2. Where does Lowell attend school to become an officer?
3. Why is Lowell's plane surrounded by military police when it lands in Chapter 2?
(a) Because they didn't announce their landing.
(b) Because he is a threat.
(c) Because it is a civilian plane.
(d) Because the plane is in distress.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Howard say he wants Lowell to do?
(a) Transfer divisions.
(b) Quit the army.
(c) Become an officer.
(d) Work on his board.
5. In Chapter 3, what does Lemper point out as a problem area?
(a) Rail transport.
(b) File maintenance.
(c) Personnel turnover.
(d) Honesty in the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Crowley he has been assigned to McCall?
2. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
3. In Chapter 6, what did the Vietnamese do to the Mohawk?
4. Why does Lowell think declaring an emergency is a good idea in Chapter 2?
5. How are Parker and Craig related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lowell's son in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 3, what do Jiggs and Boone explain to the other men?
3. In Chapter 10, what do Lowell and Bellmon decide about the planes to be used in Operation Monte Christo?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Lowell decide to do career-wise?
5. In Chapter 4, what changes about Lemper's attitude toward Lowell?
6. What is Lowell's room like in Ursula's apartment?
7. How do the Vietnamese thwart attempts of an invasion in Chapter 6?
8. What surprises Dorothy about Lowell in Chapter 11?
9. What does Lowell do when he is told he can't land at MacDill in Chapter 2?
10. Why is Harke relieved of his duties in Chapter 4?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)