|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why is Lowell directed to the MacDill Air Force Base?
(a) Because of a naval blockade.
(b) Because they need help landing planes.
(c) Because the president told him to.
(d) Because he is being deployed.
2. When Craig returns home in Chapter 7, who greets him?
(a) His wife.
(b) No one.
(c) His father.
(d) The butler.
3. When does Craig become the person in charge?
(a) After Petrofski appoints him.
(b) After Willis dies.
(c) After Parker quits.
(d) After he earns a promotion.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Lowell learn about Cuba?
(a) Their president being assassinated.
(b) The missiles they are in possession of.
(c) Their need of supplies.
(d) The boats they captured.
5. Why doesn't Howard fire Harke from his position?
(a) He has a contract.
(b) Howard likes Harke.
(c) There is no one else available to fill it.
(d) He is the most qualified.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what is Lowell told to do to make up for landing the plane?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Harke say about the Joint Assault Force?
3. Why can't Craig resign in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Master Sergeant Petrofski need the guidance of a priest?
5. Why does Hanoi want Foo Two to be eliminated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lowell try to get on Lemper's good side when they first meet?
2. What is revealed about Howard during the meeting in Chapter 8?
3. What happens when the Russians agree to remove their missiles from Cuba?
4. What does Craig decide about his uniform in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 14, what does Lowell tell Dorothy about his son?
6. What does Felter learn about his job in Chapter 9?
7. What does Lowell do when he is told he can't land at MacDill in Chapter 2?
8. What surprises Dorothy about Lowell in Chapter 11?
9. How does Lowell help Simms in Chapter 9?
10. In Chapter 11, what happens during training?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)