|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanrahan say he was doing when Lowell made the decision to land the plane?
(a) Giving Lowell directions.
2. How are Parker and Craig related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are uncle and nephew.
(d) They are just good friends.
3. What job title does Harke have?
(a) Chief of staff.
(b) Major in charge.
(c) Leading director.
(d) Acting commander.
4. In Chapter 1, what does the Navy plane do to the camp?
(a) Napalms it.
(b) Drops supplies.
(c) Crashes into the camp.
(d) Tries to rescue survivors.
5. In Chapter 7, what does Craig reveal to Lowell about his personal life?
(a) His wife cheated on him.
(b) His mother is ill.
(c) He lost his partner in battle.
(d) He wants to start a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brockley Air Force Base's location defined by people in the military?
2. Why is Minor relieved of his position in Chapter 4?
3. What skill is Smitherman's group best known for?
4. What finally makes Lemper warm up to Lowell?
5. Why does Master Sergeant Petrofski need the guidance of a priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lowell do when he is told he can't land at MacDill in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 6, what plans do the Marines make?
3. In Chapter 5, what complicates Lowell's job?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Lowell decide to do career-wise?
5. What does Lowell do after talking to Smitherman in Chapter 4?
6. What is John Denn doing in Chapter 2?
7. In Chapter 3, what does Crowley learn?
8. In Chapter 3, what do Jiggs and Boone explain to the other men?
9. What does Craig decide about his uniform in Chapter 7?
10. How does Lowell get away with his emergency landing in Chapter 3?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)