|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lowell and his group spend the night with in Chapter 9?
(a) The MacMillans.
(b) The Simms.
(c) The Bellmons.
(d) The Harpers.
2. Why does Lowell not want to get caught in a relationship with Dorothy?
(a) Because he likes someone else.
(b) Because he knows her brother.
(c) Because she is sneaky.
(d) Because her husband is a POW.
3. Why does Bellmon threaten to bring charges against Lowell?
(a) Because he arrested Craig.
(b) For his leak of information.
(c) Because he left town.
(d) For his affair with Dorothy.
4. In Chapter 13, why does Lowell tell his bosses where Dorothy is?
(a) To avoid being arrested.
(b) To get her in trouble.
(c) To help her.
(d) To save the operation.
5. Why do Lowell and Dorothy stay in the lounge at their hotel in Chapter 13?
(a) It is raining.
(b) They are waiting for someone.
(c) They are angry with each other.
(d) They don't want to be seen.
6. Where does Howard want Lowell to be assigned?
(a) To foreign affairs.
(b) To his Air Assault Division.
(c) To a civilian job.
(d) To the Chiefs of Staff.
7. What did the building used to be that now houses the Headquarters of the XVIII Airborne Corps?
(a) A school.
(b) A town hall.
(c) A prison.
(d) A hospital.
8. Who questions Dorothy concerning what she knows about the operation in Chapter 13?
(a) An intelligence officer.
(d) An FBI agent.
9. In Chapter 12, what other weapon does the group discuss using?
10. Why is Peter-Paul, Lowell's son, at McCall?
(a) He was spying.
(b) He got kicked out of his house.
(c) He wanted to visit his father.
(d) He was lost.
11. Who is Felter a liaison for?
(a) His wife.
(b) The Secretary of State.
(c) The President.
(d) A Colonel.
12. Why does Craig fly the helicopter in Chapter 12?
(a) He's looking for information.
(b) He is testing a new type of helicopter.
(c) He is training.
(d) He is showing travelers the city.
13. What type of operation will Operation Monte Christo be?
(a) Air Force operation.
(b) Special Forces operation.
(c) Intelligence operation.
(d) Communications operation.
14. Who does Dorothy have take care of his children before leaving town with Lowell in Chapter 12?
(a) The MacMillans.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her parents.
15. Why will the troops involved in Operation Monte Christo be sequestered?
(a) So they won't forget what they learned.
(b) So they'll know what it's like to be captured.
(c) It's cheaper then sending them home.
(d) So they can't talk to anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lowell think Barbara spread gossip about the Air Force wives?
2. What does Lowell do when he lands in Fayetteville in Chapter 10?
3. Why is it surprising that Dorothy Simms accepts the plane ride with Lowell in Chapter 9?
4. Where is the meeting in Chapter 8?
5. What do the Green Berets worry about doing to Peter-Paul?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)