|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Lowell and Dorothy stay in the lounge at their hotel in Chapter 13?
(a) They are angry with each other.
(b) They are waiting for someone.
(c) It is raining.
(d) They don't want to be seen.
2. In Chapter 10, why do the families of the people involved in Operation Monte Christo come to Fort Bragg?
(a) Because they have been transferred.
(b) Because they will take part in the operation.
(c) Because they want to protest the operation.
(d) Because they are given two weeks vacation.
3. What surprises Dorothy when she picks Sharon up at the airport?
(a) She has a man with her.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She has already been picked up.
(d) She has her daughter with her.
4. Where does Peter-Paul say the tapes are located?
(a) At his house.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) A locker room.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Dorothy tell Lowell about her husband?
(a) She wants to divorce him.
(b) She wants him to write.
(c) She wants his captors to pay.
(d) She wants to find him herself.
6. What will be attacked in Operation Monte Christo?
(a) A state capital.
(b) A weapons store room.
(c) A national capital.
(d) A prisoner of war camp.
7. During the meeting in Chapter 8, what do the people reference when they talk about staffing problems?
8. Why does Hanrahan threaten to cancel the operation in Chapter 13?
(a) Because the POW prison was moved.
(b) Because of Lowell.
(c) Because Craig told the press.
(d) Because they are out of money.
9. What documents are in the briefcase in Chapter 10?
(a) An approval for Operation Monte Christo.
(b) Money is in the briefcase.
(c) A warning about Operation Monte Christo.
(d) Statistics on prisoners of war.
10. Why is Howard able to appoint Lowell in Chapter 8?
(a) Because the decision was left up to Howard.
(b) Because Lowell gave him the authority.
(c) Howard is unable to appoint Lowell.
(d) Because the program is no longer being tested.
11. Where is the headquarters for Operation Monte Christo?
(b) Fort Bragg.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) It's a secret.
12. Who says they will supply the personnel for Operation Monte Christo?
13. Which community does Felter work as a liaison for?
(a) The intelligence community.
(b) The defense community.
(c) The communications community.
(d) The press community.
14. During the meeting in Chapter 10, what is decided about telling people about Operation Monte Christo?
(a) No one else will be told.
(b) Only subordinates can be told.
(c) Only Colonels can be told.
(d) One member of the press can be told.
15. In Chapter 8, what position is Lowell supposed to be filling?
(a) Deputy Assistant.
(d) Colonel Assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Dorothy help Lowell pick out?
2. How do the Green Berets get Peter-Paul to tell them the location of the tapes?
3. Why is it surprising that Dorothy Simms accepts the plane ride with Lowell in Chapter 9?
4. After being questioned in Chapter 13, what does Dorothy agree to do?
5. How do the Green Berets end up transporting Peter-Paul?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)