|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lowell do when MacMillan starts a fight with him in Chapter 13?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He reveals MacMillan's affairs.
(c) He walks out.
(d) He lies about his relationship with Dorothy.
2. How does Howard feel about Lowell's assigned position in Chapter 8?
(a) He thinks it is a good fit for Lowell.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He disagrees with it.
(d) He is worried about the job.
3. Why is it surprising that Dorothy Simms accepts the plane ride with Lowell in Chapter 9?
(a) She was going the other direction.
(b) She is afraid of flying.
(c) She had to meet her husband.
(d) She doesn't like Lowell.
4. Who does Dorothy have take care of his children before leaving town with Lowell in Chapter 12?
(a) Her sister.
(b) The MacMillans.
(d) Her parents.
5. After being questioned in Chapter 13, what does Dorothy agree to do?
(a) Stay at the detention center.
(b) Not tell the press.
(c) Testify in Washington D.C.
(d) Go home.
6. In Chapter 12, why does Dorothy begin to ask questions?
(a) She is afraid of getting turned in.
(b) She fears Lowell is doing something dangerous.
(c) She thinks they may be rescuing her husband.
(d) She wants in on the operation.
7. What type of operation will Operation Monte Christo be?
(a) Special Forces operation.
(b) Air Force operation.
(c) Communications operation.
(d) Intelligence operation.
8. What will be attacked in Operation Monte Christo?
(a) A weapons store room.
(b) A national capital.
(c) A state capital.
(d) A prisoner of war camp.
9. In Chapter 11, what does Dorothy tell Lowell about her husband?
(a) She wants his captors to pay.
(b) She wants to find him herself.
(c) She wants him to write.
(d) She wants to divorce him.
10. What year is it in Chapter 8?
11. What does Dorothy Simms say happened to her husband in Vietnam?
(a) He went to the other side.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was badly injured.
(d) He was taken prisoner.
12. Where does Howard want Lowell to be assigned?
(a) To the Chiefs of Staff.
(b) To a civilian job.
(c) To foreign affairs.
(d) To his Air Assault Division.
13. What does Lowell do at Camp McCall in Chapter 11?
(b) Re-organize the staff.
(d) Teach a class.
14. In Chapter 12, where does Lowell take Dorothy?
(a) Fort Bragg.
(d) West Virginia.
15. How does Lowell know Dorothy's brother?
(a) They went to boarding school together.
(b) They played tennis together.
(c) They served together.
(d) Their parents were friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why do the families of the people involved in Operation Monte Christo come to Fort Bragg?
2. How do the Green Berets hang Peter-Paul from a helicopter?
3. Where does Peter-Paul say the tapes are located?
4. In Chapter 14, who questions Peter-Paul with Franklin?
5. What upsets MacMillan most about Lowell's affair with Dorothy?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)