|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, where is the mission the military is readying themselves for?
(a) A jungle.
(b) A delta.
(c) The mainland.
(d) An island.
2. Who breaks the news that the Russians agreed to take their missiles out of Cuba?
3. In Chapter 6, who is patrolling Soc Trang?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Army.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Howard say he wants Lowell to do?
(a) Quit the army.
(b) Become an officer.
(c) Transfer divisions.
(d) Work on his board.
5. How is Brockley Air Force Base's location defined by people in the military?
6. In Chapter 6, what do the Marines find of Parker's?
(a) His parachute.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His watch.
(d) His plane.
7. Who does Lemper ask to send Lowell to Cuba with him if they go?
8. How are Parker and Craig related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are uncle and nephew.
(c) They are just good friends.
(d) They are brothers.
9. Why is Craig pleased to be injured in Chapter 1?
(a) He wants to impress a girl.
(b) He hopes it will get him out of service.
(c) He feels like a hero.
(d) He wants to earn a medal.
10. Where does Craig learn his wife is living in Chapter 7?
(a) Park Avenue.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Greenwich Village.
(d) The lower East Side.
11. Why is Lowell told to go into the Boot Strap Program?
(a) So he can be punished.
(b) So he can train others.
(c) So he can refresh his knowledge.
(d) So he can be commissioned.
12. In Chapter 4, why does Lowell learn he can't put tanks on rail cars?
(a) Because of politics.
(b) Because of the cost.
(c) Because of the weight.
(d) Because of the laws.
13. In Chapter 3, what is Lowell told to do to make up for landing the plane?
(b) Take a leave of absense.
(c) Pay a fine.
(d) Write a letter of apology.
14. What do the Joint Chiefs of Staff hear in Chapter 1?
(a) A list of injuries.
(b) Complaints from the citizens.
(c) Directions from their president.
(d) A new strategy plan.
15. Why does Lowell say he keeps an alarm system in his apartment with Ursula?
(a) Because it is a dangerous neighborhood.
(b) Because he works with classified information.
(c) Because it came with the apartment.
(d) Because he has valuables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Parker's family live?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Craig reveal to Lowell about his personal life?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Boone say about Howard's treatment of Harke?
4. Why can't Craig resign in Chapter 7?
5. What happens when Lowell's plane approaches MacDill Air Force Base in Chapter 2?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)