|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what do the Marines find of Parker's?
(a) His parachute.
(b) His plane.
(c) His watch.
(d) His wallet.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Denn say surprises him about the military?
(a) How lazy they are when they are off-duty.
(b) How much politics is involved.
(c) How well trained they are.
(d) How much help they need with their investments.
3. Why does Hanoi want Foo Two to be eliminated?
(a) To save money.
(b) To stop more bases.
(c) To make a statement against the boss.
(d) To try to end the war.
4. Why does Master Sergeant Petrofski need the guidance of a priest?
(a) Because it was recommended.
(b) Because he made the wrong decision during a battle.
(c) Because of his religious beliefs.
(d) Because he has been depressed.
5. In Chapter 4, why does Lowell learn he can't put tanks on rail cars?
(a) Because of politics.
(b) Because of the laws.
(c) Because of the weight.
(d) Because of the cost.
6. What happens in Chapter 5 after Boone talks about Howard and Harke?
(a) He is told to write it down.
(b) He is told he is correct.
(c) He is told to rethink his opinions.
(d) He is told to stay out of it.
7. How do the Special Forces feel about the Airborne Forces?
(a) They dislike them.
(b) They partner with them.
(c) They have a rivalry.
(d) They ignore them.
8. What does Craig find when he first goes to his new apartment in Chapter 7?
(b) A typewriter.
(d) New clothes.
9. What does Hanrahan do before exiting the plane in Chapter 2?
(a) Wishes everyone luck.
(b) Yells as he opens the door.
(c) Puts on his hat.
(d) Says a prayer.
10. In Chapter 6, what did the Vietnamese do to the Mohawk?
(a) Bugged it.
(b) Stole it.
(c) Drilled holes in it.
(d) Burned it.
11. In Chapter 5, what does Boone say about Howard's treatment of Harke?
(a) It was harsh.
(b) It was necessary.
(c) It was complicated.
(d) It was funny.
12. In Chapter 7, what does Craig reveal to Lowell about his personal life?
(a) He lost his partner in battle.
(b) He wants to start a family.
(c) His wife cheated on him.
(d) His mother is ill.
13. In Chapter 5, what does Howard say he wants Lowell to do?
(a) Become an officer.
(b) Transfer divisions.
(c) Work on his board.
(d) Quit the army.
14. In Chapter 6, who is patrolling Soc Trang?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Air Force.
15. Where does Parker's family live?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brockley Air Force Base's location defined by people in the military?
2. Why is Lowell's plane surrounded by military police when it lands in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 1, why can't Craig tell anyone his camp is under attack?
4. What do the Joint Chiefs of Staff hear in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Lowell say he keeps an alarm system in his apartment with Ursula?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)