|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks the news that the Russians agreed to take their missiles out of Cuba?
2. Why does Master Sergeant Petrofski need the guidance of a priest?
(a) Because he made the wrong decision during a battle.
(b) Because it was recommended.
(c) Because of his religious beliefs.
(d) Because he has been depressed.
3. In Chapter 4, what does Harke say about the Joint Assault Force?
(a) He asks to be transferred to their team.
(b) He blames them for the problems.
(c) He says they are all idiots.
(d) He commends them for a job well done.
4. What happens when Craig accepts Mennan's commission?
(a) He is given more responsibilities.
(b) He decreases a rank.
(c) He raises in rank.
(d) He is discharged.
5. What month is it in Chapter 6?
6. What happens to Parker's co-pilot after ejecting from the plane in Chapter 6?
(a) He gets carried away by the wind.
(b) He grabs onto Parker.
(c) His parachute doesn't open.
(d) He hits a tree.
7. When Craig returns home in Chapter 7, who greets him?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) The butler.
(d) No one.
8. What does Craig find when he first goes to his new apartment in Chapter 7?
(b) A typewriter.
(d) New clothes.
9. What happens in Chapter 5 after Boone talks about Howard and Harke?
(a) He is told he is correct.
(b) He is told to rethink his opinions.
(c) He is told to stay out of it.
(d) He is told to write it down.
10. In Chapter 3, what is Hanrahan wearing?
(a) Regulation uniform.
(b) An aviation jacket.
(c) A helmet.
(d) Street clothing.
11. After the missile crisis ends, when do the chiefs meet in Virginia?
(a) Two months later.
(b) One month later.
(c) One week later.
(d) Two weeks later.
12. In Chapter 4, what does Harke think of an invasion of Cuba?
(a) He thinks it could earn him a third star.
(b) He thinks his group is prepared for the challenge.
(c) He thinks it would be too expensive.
(d) He thinks it would be a disaster.
13. What do the Joint Chiefs of Staff hear in Chapter 1?
(a) Complaints from the citizens.
(b) A new strategy plan.
(c) Directions from their president.
(d) A list of injuries.
14. In Chapter 4, why does Lowell learn he can't put tanks on rail cars?
(a) Because of the cost.
(b) Because of the weight.
(c) Because of politics.
(d) Because of the laws.
15. Why doesn't Howard fire Harke from his position?
(a) Howard likes Harke.
(b) He is the most qualified.
(c) He has a contract.
(d) There is no one else available to fill it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is said to be in charge should there be a Cuban invasion?
2. In Chapter 6, why does Parker eject from the plane?
3. What does Hanrahan say he was doing when Lowell made the decision to land the plane?
4. How does Crowley respond to being moved to McCall?
5. Where does Lowell attend school to become an officer?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)