Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Denn discuss with the military people?
(a) The rebuilding of Vietnam.
(b) The development of weapons.
(c) The invasion of Cuba.
(d) The loss of funding for the war.
2. Where does Lowell attend school to become an officer?
3. Why is Lowell's plane surrounded by military police when it lands in Chapter 2?
(a) Because they didn't announce their landing.
(b) Because he is a threat.
(c) Because it is a civilian plane.
(d) Because the plane is in distress.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Howard say he wants Lowell to do?
(a) Transfer divisions.
(b) Quit the army.
(c) Become an officer.
(d) Work on his board.
5. In Chapter 3, what does Lemper point out as a problem area?
(a) Rail transport.
(b) File maintenance.
(c) Personnel turnover.
(d) Honesty in the office.
6. Who tells Crowley he has been assigned to McCall?
7. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
8. In Chapter 6, what did the Vietnamese do to the Mohawk?
(a) Bugged it.
(b) Stole it.
(c) Burned it.
(d) Drilled holes in it.
9. Why does Lowell think declaring an emergency is a good idea in Chapter 2?
(a) He doesn't think it is a good idea.
(b) He was able to land at MacDill.
(c) He got the attention he wanted.
(d) He proved how powerful he is.
10. How are Parker and Craig related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are just good friends.
(c) They are uncle and nephew.
(d) They are cousins.
11. In Chapter 2, what does Lowell learn about Cuba?
(a) The boats they captured.
(b) Their need of supplies.
(c) The missiles they are in possession of.
(d) Their president being assassinated.
12. What makes shipping from Brockley Air Force Base easy?
(a) It's cheap operating costs.
(b) It's supply of boxes.
(c) It's mulitple landing pads.
(d) It's proximity to a rail line.
13. In Chapter 7, why does Craig end up buying a uniform?
(a) Because he received medals with it.
(b) Because the uniform was an honor.
(c) Because they were cheaper than he expected.
(d) Because he couldn't modify the one he owned.
14. What job title does Harke have?
(a) Acting commander.
(b) Chief of staff.
(c) Major in charge.
(d) Leading director.
15. After the missile crisis ends, when do the chiefs meet in Virginia?
(a) One week later.
(b) One month later.
(c) Two months later.
(d) Two weeks later.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does Parker eject from the plane?
2. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Craig buy a uniform?
3. Why is Lowell told to go into the Boot Strap Program?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Denn say surprises him about the military?
5. What Special Forces Group is Crowley's to be sent to McCall?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)