|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Howard fire Harke from his position?
(a) Howard likes Harke.
(b) He has a contract.
(c) There is no one else available to fill it.
(d) He is the most qualified.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Denn say surprises him about the military?
(a) How much politics is involved.
(b) How well trained they are.
(c) How lazy they are when they are off-duty.
(d) How much help they need with their investments.
3. What does Craig find when he first goes to his new apartment in Chapter 7?
(c) New clothes.
(d) A typewriter.
4. Who breaks the news that the Russians agreed to take their missiles out of Cuba?
5. In Chapter 4, why does Lowell learn he can't put tanks on rail cars?
(a) Because of the laws.
(b) Because of the weight.
(c) Because of politics.
(d) Because of the cost.
6. Who does Lemper ask to send Lowell to Cuba with him if they go?
7. Where is Brockley Air Force Base located?
8. In Chapter 6, where is the mission the military is readying themselves for?
(a) An island.
(b) The mainland.
(c) A jungle.
(d) A delta.
9. In Chapter 4, what does Harke think of an invasion of Cuba?
(a) He thinks it would be a disaster.
(b) He thinks it would be too expensive.
(c) He thinks his group is prepared for the challenge.
(d) He thinks it could earn him a third star.
10. What makes shipping from Brockley Air Force Base easy?
(a) It's cheap operating costs.
(b) It's proximity to a rail line.
(c) It's mulitple landing pads.
(d) It's supply of boxes.
11. What can Master Sergeant Petrofski trade for Scotch?
(a) United States currency.
(d) Stolen loot.
12. What Special Forces Group is Crowley's to be sent to McCall?
(a) The fourth.
(b) The second.
(c) He is not sent to a Special Forces Group.
(d) The fifth.
13. How does Lemper feel about Lowell solving the transportation problem?
14. Which camp is known as "Foo Two"?
(a) Camp 1.
(b) Camp 17.
(c) Camp 3.
(d) Camp 7.
15. Why is Craig pleased to be injured in Chapter 1?
(a) He wants to impress a girl.
(b) He wants to earn a medal.
(c) He hopes it will get him out of service.
(d) He feels like a hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why does Craig end up buying a uniform?
2. Why does Master Sergeant Petrofski need the guidance of a priest?
3. In Chapter 1, what do the three Hueys do when they land at camp?
4. In Chapter 3, what does Lowell tell Lemper?
5. In Chapter 6, why is the military planning a mission?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)