|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Brockley Air Force Base located?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Lemper say after watching Lowell work?
(a) To ask for clearance before starting any new projects.
(b) To stop all transport.
(c) That he deserves a raise.
(d) To keep doing what he is doing.
3. What happens to Parker's co-pilot after ejecting from the plane in Chapter 6?
(a) He grabs onto Parker.
(b) He gets carried away by the wind.
(c) He hits a tree.
(d) His parachute doesn't open.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Denn discuss with the military people?
(a) The development of weapons.
(b) The loss of funding for the war.
(c) The rebuilding of Vietnam.
(d) The invasion of Cuba.
5. In Chapter 5, what does Boone say about Howard's treatment of Harke?
(a) It was funny.
(b) It was harsh.
(c) It was necessary.
(d) It was complicated.
6. What does Craig find when he first goes to his new apartment in Chapter 7?
(a) A typewriter.
(c) New clothes.
7. In Chapter 3, what work does Lowell do?
(a) He doesn't do any work.
(b) He organizes an invasion.
(c) He makes personnel changes.
(d) He files paperwork.
8. In Chapter 3, what does Lemper point out as a problem area?
(a) File maintenance.
(b) Personnel turnover.
(c) Honesty in the office.
(d) Rail transport.
9. Why is Lowell's plane surrounded by military police when it lands in Chapter 2?
(a) Because it is a civilian plane.
(b) Because they didn't announce their landing.
(c) Because he is a threat.
(d) Because the plane is in distress.
10. When Craig returns home in Chapter 7, who greets him?
(a) The butler.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) No one.
11. Why do the chiefs meet after the missile crisis?
(a) To hand out awards.
(b) To discuss a way to cover their tracks.
(c) To discuss what went wrong.
(d) To give raises in ranks.
12. What happens when Craig accepts Mennan's commission?
(a) He is discharged.
(b) He raises in rank.
(c) He decreases a rank.
(d) He is given more responsibilities.
13. Who breaks the news that the Russians agreed to take their missiles out of Cuba?
14. Why is Craig pleased to be injured in Chapter 1?
(a) He hopes it will get him out of service.
(b) He wants to impress a girl.
(c) He feels like a hero.
(d) He wants to earn a medal.
15. What does Hanrahan say he was doing when Lowell made the decision to land the plane?
(d) Giving Lowell directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
2. In Chapter 6, why is the military planning a mission?
3. In Chapter 6, who is patrolling Soc Trang?
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Craig buy a uniform?
5. Where is MacDill located?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)