|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Howard say he wants Lowell to do?
(a) Work on his board.
(b) Quit the army.
(c) Transfer divisions.
(d) Become an officer.
2. In Chapter 7, why does Craig end up buying a uniform?
(a) Because the uniform was an honor.
(b) Because he couldn't modify the one he owned.
(c) Because they were cheaper than he expected.
(d) Because he received medals with it.
3. Why does Lowell think declaring an emergency is a good idea in Chapter 2?
(a) He doesn't think it is a good idea.
(b) He was able to land at MacDill.
(c) He proved how powerful he is.
(d) He got the attention he wanted.
4. Where is MacDill located?
5. What does Craig find when he first goes to his new apartment in Chapter 7?
(c) New clothes.
(d) A typewriter.
6. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Craig buy a uniform?
(a) Because he is switching branches.
(b) Because he plans on resigning.
(c) Because they gave him the wrong rank uniform.
(d) Because he doesn't have the money.
7. What finally makes Lemper warm up to Lowell?
(a) Lowell's experience.
(c) Lowell's landing of the plane at MacDill.
(d) The fact that Lowell knows Wallace.
8. Why does Lowell visit Parker's family?
(a) To give them Parker's medals.
(b) To bring them to meet with Parker.
(c) To say they believe Parker is a prisoner.
(d) To tell them Parker's plane is missing.
9. In Chapter 6, why does Parker eject from the plane?
(a) There was a storm.
(b) The glass blew out.
(c) The wing caught on fire.
(d) The hydrolic system was bad.
10. Why does Master Sergeant Petrofski need the guidance of a priest?
(a) Because of his religious beliefs.
(b) Because he has been depressed.
(c) Because he made the wrong decision during a battle.
(d) Because it was recommended.
11. In Chapter 6, what did the Vietnamese do to the Mohawk?
(a) Burned it.
(b) Stole it.
(c) Drilled holes in it.
(d) Bugged it.
12. In Chapter 4, why does Lowell learn he can't put tanks on rail cars?
(a) Because of the laws.
(b) Because of the cost.
(c) Because of the weight.
(d) Because of politics.
13. In Chapter 1, why can't Craig tell anyone his camp is under attack?
(a) He lost his voice.
(b) There is too much chaos.
(c) The radios aren't working.
(d) It's too dark for him to find the radio.
14. Where is the bank located that Denn works for?
(a) Sioux Falls.
15. What does Hanrahan do before exiting the plane in Chapter 2?
(a) Says a prayer.
(b) Wishes everyone luck.
(c) Puts on his hat.
(d) Yells as he opens the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job title does Harke have?
2. After the missile crisis ends, when do the chiefs meet in Virginia?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Lowell learn about Cuba?
4. Why doesn't Howard fire Harke from his position?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Harke say about the Joint Assault Force?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)