|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Denn discuss with the military people?
(a) The rebuilding of Vietnam.
(b) The loss of funding for the war.
(c) The invasion of Cuba.
(d) The development of weapons.
2. How are Parker and Craig related?
(a) They are uncle and nephew.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are just good friends.
3. In Chapter 4, why does Lowell learn he can't put tanks on rail cars?
(a) Because of politics.
(b) Because of the laws.
(c) Because of the weight.
(d) Because of the cost.
4. In Chapter 6, why is the military planning a mission?
(a) Because they were threatened.
(b) Because they need to take captives.
(c) Because they found Vietcong supplies.
(d) Because they had a ship captured.
5. In Chapter 3, what does Lemper point out as a problem area?
(a) Rail transport.
(b) Honesty in the office.
(c) File maintenance.
(d) Personnel turnover.
6. What finally makes Lemper warm up to Lowell?
(a) Lowell's landing of the plane at MacDill.
(b) Lowell's experience.
(d) The fact that Lowell knows Wallace.
7. Where does Craig learn his wife is living in Chapter 7?
(a) The lower East Side.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Greenwich Village.
(d) Park Avenue.
8. In Chapter 6, what do the Marines find of Parker's?
(a) His watch.
(b) His parachute.
(c) His plane.
(d) His wallet.
9. In Chapter 3, what is Hanrahan wearing?
(a) Regulation uniform.
(b) A helmet.
(c) An aviation jacket.
(d) Street clothing.
10. In Chapter 1, what do the three Hueys do when they land at camp?
(a) Take out the injured people.
(b) Take the valuables.
(c) Take prisoners.
(d) Leave supplies.
11. In Chapter 3, what work does Lowell do?
(a) He makes personnel changes.
(b) He organizes an invasion.
(c) He files paperwork.
(d) He doesn't do any work.
12. In Chapter 7, why does Craig end up buying a uniform?
(a) Because he couldn't modify the one he owned.
(b) Because the uniform was an honor.
(c) Because they were cheaper than he expected.
(d) Because he received medals with it.
13. When returning home in Chapter 7, what city is Craig's first stop in the United States?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
14. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
15. In Chapter 5, what does Howard say he wants Lowell to do?
(a) Become an officer.
(b) Quit the army.
(c) Transfer divisions.
(d) Work on his board.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Craig become the person in charge?
2. Why is Lowell's plane surrounded by military police when it lands in Chapter 2?
3. How does Lemper feel about Lowell solving the transportation problem?
4. Why is Craig pleased to be injured in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Craig buy a uniform?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)