|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Lowell's plane approaches MacDill Air Force Base in Chapter 2?
(a) They have to refuel.
(b) They are told they can't land.
(c) They are forced to land on the grass.
(d) A storm kicks up.
2. How does Craig feel about military life in relation to his marriage?
(a) He says it makes Ursula jealous.
(b) He says it made his marriage stronger.
(c) He says it isn't fair to Ursula.
(d) He says it made him want a divorce.
3. Why does Denn visit a South Dakota farm in Chapter 2?
(a) Because it is where the bank entertains people.
(b) Because he has to do an audit.
(c) Because he is lost.
(d) Because he is looking for a new job.
4. How does Crowley respond to being moved to McCall?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He isn't surprised.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He doesn't care.
5. In Chapter 4, why does Lowell learn he can't put tanks on rail cars?
(a) Because of politics.
(b) Because of the weight.
(c) Because of the cost.
(d) Because of the laws.
6. Why doesn't Howard fire Harke from his position?
(a) Howard likes Harke.
(b) There is no one else available to fill it.
(c) He is the most qualified.
(d) He has a contract.
7. Why is Craig pleased to be injured in Chapter 1?
(a) He feels like a hero.
(b) He wants to impress a girl.
(c) He hopes it will get him out of service.
(d) He wants to earn a medal.
8. What does Hanrahan say he was doing when Lowell made the decision to land the plane?
(b) Giving Lowell directions.
9. Why is Minor relieved of his position in Chapter 4?
(a) Because of his unprofessional behavior.
(b) Because they can't afford him.
(c) Because he was sleeping on the job.
(d) Because of Harke's behavior.
10. What happens when Craig accepts Mennan's commission?
(a) He raises in rank.
(b) He decreases a rank.
(c) He is given more responsibilities.
(d) He is discharged.
11. When returning home in Chapter 7, what city is Craig's first stop in the United States?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
12. In Chapter 6, what did the Vietnamese do to the Mohawk?
(a) Bugged it.
(b) Drilled holes in it.
(c) Stole it.
(d) Burned it.
13. In Chapter 1, what does the Navy plane do to the camp?
(a) Tries to rescue survivors.
(b) Napalms it.
(c) Crashes into the camp.
(d) Drops supplies.
14. In Chapter 5, what does Boone say about Howard's treatment of Harke?
(a) It was funny.
(b) It was harsh.
(c) It was necessary.
(d) It was complicated.
15. In Chapter 4, what does Harke think of an invasion of Cuba?
(a) He thinks his group is prepared for the challenge.
(b) He thinks it would be too expensive.
(c) He thinks it would be a disaster.
(d) He thinks it could earn him a third star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lowell think declaring an emergency is a good idea in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Harke say about the Joint Assault Force?
3. How do the Special Forces feel about the Airborne Forces?
4. Who tells Crowley he has been assigned to McCall?
5. What happens in Chapter 5 after Boone talks about Howard and Harke?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)