|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Craig resign in Chapter 7?
(a) He oversleeps.
(b) The Colonel isn't in his office.
(c) He doesn't meet the qualifications.
(d) He decides against it.
2. In Chapter 3, what is Hanrahan wearing?
(a) Street clothing.
(b) A helmet.
(c) An aviation jacket.
(d) Regulation uniform.
3. How does Lemper feel about Lowell solving the transportation problem?
4. When returning home in Chapter 7, what city is Craig's first stop in the United States?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
5. In Chapter 6, what do the Marines find of Parker's?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His plane.
(c) His watch.
(d) His parachute.
6. In Chapter 7, what does Craig reveal to Lowell about his personal life?
(a) His mother is ill.
(b) He lost his partner in battle.
(c) He wants to start a family.
(d) His wife cheated on him.
7. What do the Joint Chiefs of Staff hear in Chapter 1?
(a) Complaints from the citizens.
(b) A new strategy plan.
(c) Directions from their president.
(d) A list of injuries.
8. Where does Lowell attend school to become an officer?
9. Which camp is known as "Foo Two"?
(a) Camp 7.
(b) Camp 3.
(c) Camp 17.
(d) Camp 1.
10. In Chapter 1, why can't Craig tell anyone his camp is under attack?
(a) He lost his voice.
(b) It's too dark for him to find the radio.
(c) There is too much chaos.
(d) The radios aren't working.
11. In Chapter 7, why does Craig end up buying a uniform?
(a) Because he couldn't modify the one he owned.
(b) Because the uniform was an honor.
(c) Because they were cheaper than he expected.
(d) Because he received medals with it.
12. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
13. What happens to Parker's co-pilot after ejecting from the plane in Chapter 6?
(a) He gets carried away by the wind.
(b) He grabs onto Parker.
(c) He hits a tree.
(d) His parachute doesn't open.
14. In Chapter 4, why does Lowell learn he can't put tanks on rail cars?
(a) Because of politics.
(b) Because of the laws.
(c) Because of the weight.
(d) Because of the cost.
15. What does Craig find when he first goes to his new apartment in Chapter 7?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) New clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Craig become the person in charge?
2. Why does Lowell visit Parker's family?
3. After the missile crisis ends, when do the chiefs meet in Virginia?
4. Why doesn't Howard fire Harke from his position?
5. In Chapter 6, who is patrolling Soc Trang?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)