|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When returning home in Chapter 7, what city is Craig's first stop in the United States?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
2. Why can't Craig resign in Chapter 7?
(a) He oversleeps.
(b) He doesn't meet the qualifications.
(c) The Colonel isn't in his office.
(d) He decides against it.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Lowell learn about Cuba?
(a) The missiles they are in possession of.
(b) Their need of supplies.
(c) The boats they captured.
(d) Their president being assassinated.
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Craig buy a uniform?
(a) Because he is switching branches.
(b) Because he plans on resigning.
(c) Because they gave him the wrong rank uniform.
(d) Because he doesn't have the money.
5. Why is Lowell's plane surrounded by military police when it lands in Chapter 2?
(a) Because they didn't announce their landing.
(b) Because it is a civilian plane.
(c) Because the plane is in distress.
(d) Because he is a threat.
6. Why does Lowell say he keeps an alarm system in his apartment with Ursula?
(a) Because he works with classified information.
(b) Because it is a dangerous neighborhood.
(c) Because he has valuables.
(d) Because it came with the apartment.
7. What does Hanrahan say he was doing when Lowell made the decision to land the plane?
(a) Giving Lowell directions.
8. In Chapter 3, what is Hanrahan wearing?
(a) Street clothing.
(b) An aviation jacket.
(c) Regulation uniform.
(d) A helmet.
9. Why is Lowell told to go into the Boot Strap Program?
(a) So he can refresh his knowledge.
(b) So he can be commissioned.
(c) So he can be punished.
(d) So he can train others.
10. Who breaks the news that the Russians agreed to take their missiles out of Cuba?
11. In Chapter 4, what does Harke think of an invasion of Cuba?
(a) He thinks it could earn him a third star.
(b) He thinks his group is prepared for the challenge.
(c) He thinks it would be too expensive.
(d) He thinks it would be a disaster.
12. Why is Minor relieved of his position in Chapter 4?
(a) Because of Harke's behavior.
(b) Because of his unprofessional behavior.
(c) Because they can't afford him.
(d) Because he was sleeping on the job.
13. In Chapter 5, what does Boone say about Howard's treatment of Harke?
(a) It was complicated.
(b) It was harsh.
(c) It was necessary.
(d) It was funny.
14. In Chapter 4, what does Lemper say after watching Lowell work?
(a) That he deserves a raise.
(b) To keep doing what he is doing.
(c) To stop all transport.
(d) To ask for clearance before starting any new projects.
15. In Chapter 3, what is Lowell told to do to make up for landing the plane?
(a) Pay a fine.
(b) Take a leave of absense.
(c) Write a letter of apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Special Forces Group is Crowley's to be sent to McCall?
2. In Chapter 3, what work does Lowell do?
3. Why does Lowell visit Parker's family?
4. In Chapter 1, what does the Navy plane do to the camp?
5. How many phones are in Lowell's apartment with Ursula?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)