|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it in Chapter 6?
2. What job title does Harke have?
(a) Chief of staff.
(b) Acting commander.
(c) Major in charge.
(d) Leading director.
3. In Chapter 6, who is patrolling Soc Trang?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Air Force.
4. How does Lemper feel about Lowell solving the transportation problem?
5. When returning home in Chapter 7, what city is Craig's first stop in the United States?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
6. In Chapter 4, whose problem does Harke say transport is?
(c) His own.
7. Why is Craig pleased to be injured in Chapter 1?
(a) He wants to impress a girl.
(b) He wants to earn a medal.
(c) He hopes it will get him out of service.
(d) He feels like a hero.
8. In Chapter 2, what does Denn discuss with the military people?
(a) The loss of funding for the war.
(b) The rebuilding of Vietnam.
(c) The invasion of Cuba.
(d) The development of weapons.
9. Why doesn't Howard fire Harke from his position?
(a) He is the most qualified.
(b) He has a contract.
(c) There is no one else available to fill it.
(d) Howard likes Harke.
10. Why does Lowell visit Parker's family?
(a) To give them Parker's medals.
(b) To tell them Parker's plane is missing.
(c) To say they believe Parker is a prisoner.
(d) To bring them to meet with Parker.
11. Why do the chiefs meet after the missile crisis?
(a) To give raises in ranks.
(b) To hand out awards.
(c) To discuss a way to cover their tracks.
(d) To discuss what went wrong.
12. In Chapter 5, what does Howard say he wants Lowell to do?
(a) Transfer divisions.
(b) Become an officer.
(c) Quit the army.
(d) Work on his board.
13. How are Parker and Craig related?
(a) They are just good friends.
(b) They are uncle and nephew.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
14. In Chapter 2, what does Denn say surprises him about the military?
(a) How much politics is involved.
(b) How much help they need with their investments.
(c) How lazy they are when they are off-duty.
(d) How well trained they are.
15. What happens when Craig accepts Mennan's commission?
(a) He is given more responsibilities.
(b) He raises in rank.
(c) He decreases a rank.
(d) He is discharged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hanoi want Foo Two to be eliminated?
2. In Chapter 2, why is Lowell directed to the MacDill Air Force Base?
3. What happens in Chapter 5 after Boone talks about Howard and Harke?
4. In Chapter 1, why can't Craig tell anyone his camp is under attack?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Denn plan to do with the investment bankers?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)