|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hanoi want Foo Two to be eliminated?
(a) To stop more bases.
(b) To save money.
(c) To make a statement against the boss.
(d) To try to end the war.
2. After the missile crisis ends, when do the chiefs meet in Virginia?
(a) One month later.
(b) Two months later.
(c) Two weeks later.
(d) One week later.
3. Why does Lowell say he keeps an alarm system in his apartment with Ursula?
(a) Because he has valuables.
(b) Because it is a dangerous neighborhood.
(c) Because he works with classified information.
(d) Because it came with the apartment.
4. Where does Craig learn his wife is living in Chapter 7?
(a) Park Avenue.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(c) The lower East Side.
(d) New Jersey.
5. Why can't Craig resign in Chapter 7?
(a) He decides against it.
(b) The Colonel isn't in his office.
(c) He oversleeps.
(d) He doesn't meet the qualifications.
6. Why does Lowell visit Parker's family?
(a) To tell them Parker's plane is missing.
(b) To bring them to meet with Parker.
(c) To give them Parker's medals.
(d) To say they believe Parker is a prisoner.
7. Where does Lowell attend school to become an officer?
8. Why does Lowell think declaring an emergency is a good idea in Chapter 2?
(a) He was able to land at MacDill.
(b) He got the attention he wanted.
(c) He doesn't think it is a good idea.
(d) He proved how powerful he is.
9. In Chapter 5, who does Lowell meet with at Brockley Air Force Base?
10. In Chapter 2, what does Denn say surprises him about the military?
(a) How well trained they are.
(b) How much help they need with their investments.
(c) How lazy they are when they are off-duty.
(d) How much politics is involved.
11. In Chapter 4, what does Harke think of an invasion of Cuba?
(a) He thinks it would be a disaster.
(b) He thinks it could earn him a third star.
(c) He thinks it would be too expensive.
(d) He thinks his group is prepared for the challenge.
12. How many phones are in Lowell's apartment with Ursula?
13. How does Craig feel about military life in relation to his marriage?
(a) He says it makes Ursula jealous.
(b) He says it made him want a divorce.
(c) He says it isn't fair to Ursula.
(d) He says it made his marriage stronger.
14. In Chapter 1, what does the Navy plane do to the camp?
(a) Napalms it.
(b) Crashes into the camp.
(c) Drops supplies.
(d) Tries to rescue survivors.
15. In Chapter 2, what does Denn discuss with the military people?
(a) The development of weapons.
(b) The rebuilding of Vietnam.
(c) The invasion of Cuba.
(d) The loss of funding for the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Lowell learn about Cuba?
2. How does Lemper feel about Lowell solving the transportation problem?
3. When does Craig become the person in charge?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Howard say he wants Lowell to do?
5. Who tells Crowley he has been assigned to McCall?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)