|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are many of Ursula's friend's from?
(b) East Germany.
2. What year is it when the trains are ordered back to Fort Hood at the end of the missile crisis?
3. In Chapter 4, what does Lemper say after watching Lowell work?
(a) To ask for clearance before starting any new projects.
(b) That he deserves a raise.
(c) To keep doing what he is doing.
(d) To stop all transport.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Denn say surprises him about the military?
(a) How much help they need with their investments.
(b) How well trained they are.
(c) How much politics is involved.
(d) How lazy they are when they are off-duty.
5. Why does Lowell think declaring an emergency is a good idea in Chapter 2?
(a) He got the attention he wanted.
(b) He was able to land at MacDill.
(c) He doesn't think it is a good idea.
(d) He proved how powerful he is.
6. In Chapter 3, what is Hanrahan wearing?
(a) Regulation uniform.
(b) A helmet.
(c) Street clothing.
(d) An aviation jacket.
7. In Chapter 6, what did the Vietnamese do to the Mohawk?
(a) Burned it.
(b) Stole it.
(c) Bugged it.
(d) Drilled holes in it.
8. When Craig returns home in Chapter 7, who greets him?
(a) The butler.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) No one.
9. How does Crowley respond to being moved to McCall?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He isn't surprised.
(d) He is angry.
10. In Chapter 2, what does Lowell learn about Cuba?
(a) The boats they captured.
(b) Their president being assassinated.
(c) Their need of supplies.
(d) The missiles they are in possession of.
11. In Chapter 4, what does Harke think of an invasion of Cuba?
(a) He thinks it would be a disaster.
(b) He thinks it would be too expensive.
(c) He thinks it could earn him a third star.
(d) He thinks his group is prepared for the challenge.
12. How is Brockley Air Force Base's location defined by people in the military?
13. What does Craig find when he first goes to his new apartment in Chapter 7?
(c) A typewriter.
(d) New clothes.
14. Why is Lowell told to go into the Boot Strap Program?
(a) So he can train others.
(b) So he can be commissioned.
(c) So he can be punished.
(d) So he can refresh his knowledge.
15. After the missile crisis ends, when do the chiefs meet in Virginia?
(a) One week later.
(b) Two weeks later.
(c) Two months later.
(d) One month later.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is said to be in charge should there be a Cuban invasion?
2. What happens in Chapter 5 after Boone talks about Howard and Harke?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Boone say about Howard's treatment of Harke?
4. In Chapter 3, what is Lowell told to do to make up for landing the plane?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Denn discuss with the military people?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)