* An American base in Vietnam is attacked.
* Craig wants out of the service, but instead he rises in rank.
* John Denn takes investment bankers and military personnel hunting.
* The Cuban missile crisis breaks.
* Lowell has to return to a base in Florida.
* When told he can't land on the base, Lowell declares an emergency and lands his plane there anyway.
* Lowell meets Lemper.
* Lowell is forgiven for landing the plane as an emergency.
* Crowley is moved to McCall.
* Lowell is told he can't transport tanks on rail cars, but does so anyway.
* Lemper agrees with Lowell's decision.
* Harke is relieved from his duties for ignoring problems and blaming them on others.
* The missile crisis ends.
* Boone speaks out about Howard's treatment of Harke.
* Lowell is assigned to train to become an officer, but Howard blocks it.
* Parker must eject from his plane...
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)