• An American base in Vietnam is attacked.
• Craig wants out of the service, but instead he rises in rank.
• John Denn takes investment bankers and military personnel hunting.
• The Cuban missile crisis breaks.
• Lowell has to return to a base in Florida.
• When told he can't land on the base, Lowell declares an emergency and lands his plane there anyway.
• Lowell meets Lemper.
• Lowell is forgiven for landing the plane as an emergency.
• Crowley is moved to McCall.
• Lowell is told he can't transport tanks on rail cars, but does so anyway.
• Lemper agrees with Lowell's decision.
• Harke is relieved from his duties for ignoring problems and blaming them on others.
• The missile crisis ends.
• Boone speaks out about Howard's treatment of Harke.
• Lowell is assigned to train to become an officer, but Howard blocks it.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)