Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* An American base in Vietnam is attacked.
* Craig wants out of the service, but instead he rises in rank.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* John Denn takes investment bankers and military personnel hunting.
* The Cuban missile crisis breaks.
* Lowell has to return to a base in Florida.
* When told he can't land on the base, Lowell declares...
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)