|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Volodya and his wife arrive at the village where he was exiled?
2. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
3. How often did Masha return to Moscow during the exile?
4. When did Volodya and a group of others protest against their treatment by the Soviet Union?
5. When did Leonid chance a trip to visit his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Volodya describe his time in prison in Chapter 8?
2. Why did Masha return to Moscow every 4 months?
3. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
4. What did Masha need to remind herself of when they arrived in the village in September?
5. Why did Leonid request an extension after receiving a visa?
6. What reason was Volodya given for denial of his visa application?
7. What happened when Volodya worked at an international telephone station?
8. Why did Masha and Volodya divorce?
9. What happened to Volodya's mother-in-law?
10. What happened to Masha after a few days of imprisonment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Volodya's request for a visa and the reason given for their denial.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the causes and history of anti-Semitism and discuss how governments have supported prejudice.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Volodya's life in Moscow with life after they received their exit visas.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)