|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Masha retire?
2. How long was Volodya's exile sentence?
3. Where did Sanya first emigrate to?
4. What was Solomon surrounded by during his retirement?
5. Whose exit visa was approved in April 1979?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Volodya describe Moscow when they returned on December 4, 1982?
2. How did Volodya describe his time in prison in Chapter 8?
3. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
4. What increased for Jews?
5. What did Masha decline in 1953?
6. What was happening in Siberia?
7. What reason was Volodya given for denial of his visa application?
8. What happened when Volodya worked at an international telephone station?
9. Who died on March 5, 1953 and why was this death significant?
10. What did Solomon do in his old age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role outside governments had on the Slepak's request for exit visas.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of the press in Russia and examine how it both helped and hindered the Slepak's request for exit visas.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Leonid and Volodya with Volodya and Solomon.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)