|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Volodya's apartment searched according to Chapter 7?
2. What was Solomon surrounded by during his retirement?
3. Who went to Leonid's school to try to put pressure on Volodya and his wife?
4. When did Masha decide that she had had enough of the USSR?
5. What job did Volodya find after being fired in September 1971?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Volodya worked at an international telephone station?
2. Who was Masha?
3. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
4. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
5. What did Solomon do in his old age?
6. What does Masha realize at the start of Chapter 5?
7. What was Volodya rejected for at the start of Chapter 4?
8. Why were Masha and Volodya moved into an apartment?
9. Who visited in Masha and Volodya in February and why?
10. What did Masha decline in 1953?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history of the Jews, including their persecution and beliefs, comparing this with Christianity.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the experience of Chaim Potok's family with that of the Slepak family.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the "doctor's plot" in Russia and compare it with other such events in Europe focused on Jewish professionals.
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)