|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the letter sent from pretend relatives in Israel not used?
2. What was the first job Volodya found at the village?
3. Why didn't Masha want to become a surgeon?
4. When did Leonid chance a trip to visit his parents?
5. Where did Sanya first emigrate to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Volodya worked at an international telephone station?
2. What happened to Masha in April 1951?
3. Who visited in Masha and Volodya in February and why?
4. How did Volodya describe his time in prison in Chapter 8?
5. What did Solomon do in his old age?
6. Who visited Volodya at work in September 1971?
7. How did Volodya earn the respect of others in prison?
8. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
9. What did Masha need to remind herself of when they arrived in the village in September?
10. What did Masha request?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of the press in Russia and examine how it both helped and hindered the Slepak's request for exit visas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history of the Jews, including their persecution and beliefs, comparing this with Christianity.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Volodya's life in Moscow with life after they received their exit visas.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)