|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Volodya's mother-in-law live after leaving the USSR?
2. What was Volodya allowed to do following his father's death?
3. What did Volodya and his wife think prevented them from getting a visa?
4. Where did Volodya's mother-in-law die?
5. What was Solomon surrounded by during his retirement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visited in Masha and Volodya in February and why?
2. Who died on March 5, 1953 and why was this death significant?
3. What did Solomon do in his old age?
4. Who was Masha?
5. What happened on February 23, 1971?
6. What did Masha and Volodya do in April 1987 and why?
7. What does Masha realize at the start of Chapter 5?
8. What did Masha decline in 1953?
9. Why did Leonid request an extension after receiving a visa?
10. Why did Masha return to Moscow every 4 months?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Solomon and Volodya and analyze Volodya's belief that his father never understood him.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Volodya's request for a visa and the reason given for their denial.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the causes and history of anti-Semitism and discuss how governments have supported prejudice.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)