|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Masha and Volodya obtain their exit visa?
2. What were some of the refuseniks accused of being?
3. What did Volodya borrow money against in Chapter 8?
4. What was Noya Drapkin husband's name?
5. What did the Six Days War convince the Slepaks of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
2. What happened to Masha in April 1951?
3. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
4. What news did Masha received on October 13, 1987?
5. Why did Masha return to Moscow every 4 months?
6. What did Masha request?
7. How did Volodya earn the respect of others in prison?
8. What did Volodya and others request at the start of Chapter 7?
9. What job opportunity did Volodya have in 1962?
10. What did Masha need to remind herself of when they arrived in the village in September?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Leonid and Volodya with Volodya and Solomon.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Solomon and Volodya and analyze Volodya's belief that his father never understood him.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the causes and history of anti-Semitism and discuss how governments have supported prejudice.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)