|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Solomon in the 1970s?
2. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
3. How long was Volodya told he had to wait before reapplying for a visa after being refused one?
4. When did Khrushchev deliver his speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
5. What was taken out of textbooks according to Masha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Masha decline in 1953?
2. What does Masha realize at the start of Chapter 5?
3. What happened to Masha after a few days of imprisonment?
4. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
5. What did Masha need to remind herself of when they arrived in the village in September?
6. What did Masha and Volodya do in April 1987 and why?
7. What were Volodya and Masha both fighting for?
8. Why did Masha return to Moscow every 4 months?
9. What did Potok wonder when he visited Volodya in the Poconos in 1995 according to the Epilogue?
10. Who died on March 5, 1953 and why was this death significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Leonid and Volodya with Volodya and Solomon.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the causes and history of anti-Semitism and discuss how governments have supported prejudice.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the basis of the Six Day War and how it influenced the Russian Jews.
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)