|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Volodya and his wife ask for a new place to stay?
2. What was safer than having a large group of friends?
3. What was the name of the town where Volodya was exiled?
4. When did Volodya and a group of others protest against their treatment by the Soviet Union?
5. How long was Volodya's jail sentence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visited in Masha and Volodya in February and why?
2. What did Masha decline in 1953?
3. What happened on February 23, 1971?
4. What happened to Masha after a few days of imprisonment?
5. What increased for Jews?
6. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
7. Who died on March 5, 1953 and why was this death significant?
8. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
9. What did Masha and Volodya do in April 1987 and why?
10. Why did Masha return to Moscow every 4 months?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Leonid and Volodya with Volodya and Solomon.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the prison and exile system in Russia and the role that it played in Volodya and Masha's life.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history of the Bolsheviks coming to power and the impact they had on Russia and the Jews.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)