|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Khrushchev deliver his speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
2. What was the first job Volodya found at the village?
3. What did the Soviet government repress the news of?
4. When did Masha decide that she had had enough of the USSR?
5. What job did Volodya find after being fired in September 1971?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the spread of Communism and how it affected Jews before and after World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the basis of the Six Day War and how it influenced the Russian Jews.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the KGB or Russia's secret police in Volodya and Masha's life and the life of other refuseniks.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)