|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Solomon's wife's name?
2. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
3. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
4. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
5. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
Short Essay Questions
1. When celebrating an impromptu Shabbat, what did the family substitute?
2. What effect did Russia have on the author's own life?
3. What happened to Jews in the Common Era?
4. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
5. What was signed in August 1939?
6. Who did Slepak run into in 1920 according to Chapter 2?
7. When did Solomon immigrate to America and what happened when he arrived?
8. How did Russians view the Jews?
9. How many Jews lived in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
10. What option was Solomon given at the age of 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the basis of the Six Day War and how it influenced the Russian Jews.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Volodya's request for a visa and the reason given for their denial.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history of the Jews, including their persecution and beliefs, comparing this with Christianity.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)