|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Volodya's mother-in-law die?
2. What were some of the refuseniks accused of being?
(a) KGB informers.
(b) CIA agents.
(d) FBI agents.
3. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
(a) Visa seekers were seen as enemies of the government.
(b) Visa seekers lost their pension.
(c) Visa seekers could not work for the government.
(d) Visa seekers lost their jobs.
4. When did Solomon die?
(a) January 21, 1979.
(b) September 15, 1978.
(c) September 2, 1978.
(d) November 2, 1978.
5. How low did the temperature drop during Volodya's exile?
(a) -50 F.
(b) -40 F.
(c) -80 F.
(d) -30 F.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship did Solomon have with his son in the 1970s?
2. When did the first conference of World Jewry take place?
3. How long was Volodya told he had to wait before reapplying for a visa after being refused one?
4. What were refuseniks in Soviet Russia?
5. What overrode the fear of the Jewish scientists meeting in secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Masha need to remind herself of when they arrived in the village in September?
2. What happened to Masha in April 1951?
3. What did Masha and Volodya do in April 1987 and why?
4. Who was Masha?
5. How did Volodya describe his time in prison in Chapter 8?
6. What happened on February 23, 1971?
7. Why were Masha and Volodya moved into an apartment?
8. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
9. What did Solomon do in his old age?
10. What were Volodya and Masha both fighting for?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)