|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were refuseniks in Soviet Russia?
(a) People who refused to accept the end of the USSR.
(b) Dissidents whose visas were always refused.
(c) People who refused to take their Communist party card.
(d) Dissidents who refused to join the army.
2. What were some of the refuseniks accused of being?
(a) FBI agents.
(c) CIA agents.
(d) KGB informers.
3. When did Stalin have his personal physician arrested?
(a) November 1951.
(b) November 1952.
(c) November 1953.
(d) November 1954.
4. When did Masha return to medical school?
(a) After the birth of Sanya.
(b) After her 30th birthday.
(c) After her mother passed away.
(d) After Volodya got a well paying job.
5. When was Masha warned the second time about actions to be taken against the Russian Jews?
(a) February 1953.
(b) March 1953.
(d) February 1952.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Sanya Slepak when he got his exit visa?
2. What overrode the fear of the Jewish scientists meeting in secret?
3. What did the Soviet government repress the news of?
4. How long was Volodya's exile sentence?
5. What did Sanya learn on the radio in 1978?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Masha realize at the start of Chapter 5?
2. Who visited Volodya at work in September 1971?
3. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
4. Who was Masha?
5. How did Volodya earn the respect of others in prison?
6. What was Volodya rejected for at the start of Chapter 4?
7. What happened on February 23, 1971?
8. What did Masha decline in 1953?
9. How did Masha and Volodya survive after Masha retired in 1971?
10. What news did Masha received on October 13, 1987?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)