|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the first conference of World Jewry take place?
(b) New York.
2. How long was Khrushchev's speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
(a) 20,000 words.
(b) 90,000 words.
(c) 10,000 words.
(d) 3,000 words.
3. What did Masha apply for and was granted after Solomon's death?
(a) Her retirement.
(b) A raise of her pension.
(c) The right to accompany Volodya in exile.
(d) An exit visa.
4. Where did Potok meet Volodya and Masha in 1995?
(a) New York
5. When did the Jews begin to be repressed again after Stalin's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
2. What did Solomon stay dedicated to?
3. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
4. What did Volodya do when he arrived at his place of exile?
5. What did Sanya learn on the radio in 1978?
Short Essay Questions
1. What increased for Jews?
2. What did Masha request?
3. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
4. Why did Leonid request an extension after receiving a visa?
5. Who was Masha?
6. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
7. What happened to Masha in April 1951?
8. When was Volodya's exile completed?
9. What does Masha realize at the start of Chapter 5?
10. What did Masha need to remind herself of when they arrived in the village in September?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)