|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Soviet government repress the news of?
(a) Jewish deportation.
(b) Jewish uprising.
(c) Jewish holidays.
(d) Jews leaving the country.
2. When did Volodya's mother-in-law die?
3. What did Masha apply for and was granted after Solomon's death?
(a) An exit visa.
(b) The right to accompany Volodya in exile.
(c) Her retirement.
(d) A raise of her pension.
4. What overrode the fear of the Jewish scientists meeting in secret?
(a) Their friendship.
(b) Their desire to undermine the USSR.
(c) Their quest for knowledge.
(d) Their desire to emigrate.
5. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
(a) He had a poor school record.
(b) He failed to get his diploma.
(c) He was a Jew.
(d) He was not a Communist party member.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Volodya and his wife arrive at the village where he was exiled?
2. Where did Volodya's mother-in-law live after leaving the USSR?
3. What did Solomon do during his retirement?
4. What did Solomon stay dedicated to?
5. When did Leonid chance a trip to visit his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What increased for Jews?
2. Who was Masha?
3. Why were Masha and Volodya moved into an apartment?
4. What news did Masha received on October 13, 1987?
5. What was happening in Siberia?
6. What long story did Masha make up?
7. Who visited in Masha and Volodya in February and why?
8. How did Masha and Volodya survive after Masha retired in 1971?
9. What happened when Volodya worked at an international telephone station?
10. What did Masha and Volodya do in April 1987 and why?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)