|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
(a) Let us leave the USSR.
(b) Let us go to Synagogue.
(c) Let us have hot water.
(d) Let us go to our son in Israel.
2. What nickname did Masha's mother give her?
(a) My love.
(b) My precious.
(d) My amulet.
3. How old was Sanya Slepak when he got his exit visa?
4. What did the Six Days War convince the Slepaks of?
(a) That the USSR was weak.
(b) Israel needed radar technology.
(c) Israel had a better army than the USSR.
(d) Israel could maintain power over their enemies.
5. When was Masha born?
(a) November 7, 1926.
(b) November 9, 1926.
(c) November 7, 1927.
(d) December 7, 1926.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Masha have in the early 1960s?
2. When did the government start attacking the refuseniks?
3. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
4. When did Volodya and his wife arrive at the village where he was exiled?
5. What was Noya Drapkin husband's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job opportunity did Volodya have in 1962?
2. What happened to Masha in April 1951?
3. What was happening in Siberia?
4. What reason was Volodya given for denial of his visa application?
5. What happened on February 23, 1971?
6. Why were Masha and Volodya moved into an apartment?
7. How did Volodya describe Moscow when they returned on December 4, 1982?
8. What did Volodya and others request at the start of Chapter 7?
9. Who died on March 5, 1953 and why was this death significant?
10. How did Volodya earn the respect of others in prison?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)