|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Masha spend in Moscow during the first year of exile?
(a) 1 and a half months.
(b) 4 and a half months.
(c) 3 and a half months.
(d) 2 and a half months.
2. What was the main focus of the first conference of World Jewry?
(a) Jewish emigration from the Soviet Union.
(b) The Jewsih army.
(c) Yom Kippur.
(d) The Six Day War.
3. When did Volodya and his wife arrive at the village where he was exiled?
(a) First week of September 1978.
(b) Fourth week of September 1978.
(c) Second week of September 1978.
(d) Third week of September 1978.
4. How long before the search did Volodya sign a letter to the UN asking for the right to emigrate to Israel?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 5 days.
5. Where did Potok meet Volodya and Masha in 1995?
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Solomon stay dedicated to?
2. When did Volodya's mother in law receive her visa?
3. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
4. When did Volodya and a group of others protest against their treatment by the Soviet Union?
5. When did the government start attacking the refuseniks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Masha in April 1951?
2. What job opportunity did Volodya have in 1962?
3. Who visited Volodya at work in September 1971?
4. What happened when Volodya worked at an international telephone station?
5. What was Volodya rejected for at the start of Chapter 4?
6. What does Masha realize at the start of Chapter 5?
7. When was Volodya's exile completed?
8. How did Masha and Volodya survive after Masha retired in 1971?
9. Why did Masha return to Moscow every 4 months?
10. What did Volodya and others request at the start of Chapter 7?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)