|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
(a) That he would never join the Communist party.
(b) That he wanted to marry a non-Jewish woman.
(c) That he was thinking of joining the army.
(d) That he didn't like Stalin.
2. What did Solomon offer Sanya when he visited him before leaving USSR?
(a) Good luck.
(b) A Communist medal.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) A new jacket.
3. What did Volodya borrow money against in Chapter 8?
(a) His furniture.
(b) His future earnings.
(c) His house in Moscow.
(d) His life.
4. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
(a) Let us have hot water.
(b) Let us leave the USSR.
(c) Let us go to Synagogue.
(d) Let us go to our son in Israel.
5. Who went to Leonid's school to try to put pressure on Volodya and his wife?
(a) The local police.
(b) The KGB.
(c) The NKVD.
(d) The military police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Volodya take in the boiler room?
2. What was the main focus of the first conference of World Jewry?
3. What nickname did Masha's mother give her?
4. How long was Khrushchev's speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
5. What was Volodya's shift?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)