|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Volodya find after being fired in September 1971?
(a) Sharpening pencils for a workshop.
(b) Change toilet paper.
(c) Radio technician.
(d) Delivering mail.
2. Why did Volodya leave his job after he decided to emigrate?
(a) He wanted to focus on his application.
(b) He needed to leave the country.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He needed a recommandation from his employer.
3. Who visited Solomon in the 1970s?
(a) His wife's family.
(b) His daughters.
(c) His friends.
(d) His grandsons.
4. How did Masha's father die?
(d) Heart attack.
5. What was Masha's sentence after being arrested?
(a) She was sentenced to 10 years in prison.
(b) She was found not guilty.
(c) 5 years exile.
(d) It was suspended.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Leonid bring to his parents?
2. Who went with Volodya on his exile?
3. What did Sanya learn on the radio in 1978?
4. Where did Noya Drapkin want to emigrate to?
5. When was Masha born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Masha realize at the start of Chapter 5?
2. What happened to Masha in April 1951?
3. What was happening in Siberia?
4. Who was Masha?
5. How did Volodya describe his time in prison in Chapter 8?
6. What did Masha and Volodya do in April 1987 and why?
7. Why did Masha return to Moscow every 4 months?
8. Who died on March 5, 1953 and why was this death significant?
9. Who visited in Masha and Volodya in February and why?
10. What job opportunity did Volodya have in 1962?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)