|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya and his wife decide to do to try to get a visa?
(a) Obtain a divorce.
(b) Try to cross the border illegally.
(c) Try to flee to the US consulate.
(d) Try to hijack a plane.
2. What overrode the fear of the Jewish scientists meeting in secret?
(a) Their desire to undermine the USSR.
(b) Their friendship.
(c) Their desire to emigrate.
(d) Their quest for knowledge.
3. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A son.
(c) A bag.
(d) A daughter.
4. When did Solomon die?
(a) November 2, 1978.
(b) September 15, 1978.
(c) January 21, 1979.
(d) September 2, 1978.
5. What relationship did Solomon have with his son in the 1970s?
(a) They were close.
(b) They talked every other week.
(c) He cut ties with him.
(d) They were tense, but cordial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of boat Volodya and Masha vacationed on?
2. How often did Masha return to Moscow during the exile?
3. Where was Volodya working in September 1971?
4. When was Sanya Slepak offered an exit visa?
5. How long before the search did Volodya sign a letter to the UN asking for the right to emigrate to Israel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Masha after a few days of imprisonment?
2. What long story did Masha make up?
3. Why did Leonid request an extension after receiving a visa?
4. Who died on March 5, 1953 and why was this death significant?
5. What did Masha decline in 1953?
6. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
7. What happened when Volodya worked at an international telephone station?
8. What happened to Volodya's mother-in-law?
9. What news did Masha received on October 13, 1987?
10. How did Masha and Volodya survive after Masha retired in 1971?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)