|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Masha retire?
2. When did Solomon die?
(a) September 15, 1978.
(b) November 2, 1978.
(c) September 2, 1978.
(d) January 21, 1979.
3. When did the Jews begin to be repressed again after Stalin's death?
4. When did Leonid chance a trip to visit his parents?
(a) February 1979.
(b) February 1981.
(c) February 1978.
(d) February 1980.
5. What did Solomon do during his retirement?
(a) Wrote and translated.
(b) Played golf.
(c) Worked at the local Communist center.
(d) Watched TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sanya first emigrate to?
2. What was taken out of textbooks according to Masha?
3. How did Masha's father die?
4. Where was Volodya sent to for his exile?
5. What was a result of Volodya's arrest and jail time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Masha need to remind herself of when they arrived in the village in September?
2. What did Masha decline in 1953?
3. What increased for Jews?
4. What was happening in Siberia?
5. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
6. Who died on March 5, 1953 and why was this death significant?
7. What did Volodya and others request at the start of Chapter 7?
8. How did Volodya describe Moscow when they returned on December 4, 1982?
9. Who visited Volodya at work in September 1971?
10. What were Volodya and Masha both fighting for?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)