|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jews begin to be repressed again after Stalin's death?
2. What was Masha's sentence after being arrested?
(a) It was suspended.
(b) 5 years exile.
(c) She was found not guilty.
(d) She was sentenced to 10 years in prison.
3. What did Volodya and Masha live on after her retirement?
(a) Money from their savings.
(b) Her pension and money from those who supported refuseniks.
(c) Money from the United States.
(d) Money from relatives.
4. What Jewish holiday coincided with Stalin's death?
(c) Yom Kippur.
5. When did Khrushchev deliver his speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
2. What did Sanya learn on the radio in 1978?
3. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
4. Who went with Volodya on his exile?
5. What was the name of boat Volodya and Masha vacationed on?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)