|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Volodya's jail sentence?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 35 days.
(d) 20 days.
2. What was a result of Volodya's arrest and jail time?
(a) He stopped applying for a visa.
(b) He made friend of political dissidents.
(c) He started having contact with the foreign press.
(d) He repudiated his father.
3. When did Masha and Volodya obtain their exit visa?
(a) October 13, 1989.
(b) October 13, 1988.
(c) October 13, 1990.
(d) October 13, 1987.
4. When did Masha and Volodya marry?
(a) June 7, 1951.
(b) May 7, 1951.
(c) June 7, 1952.
(d) June 9, 1951.
5. What did Solomon offer Sanya when he visited him before leaving USSR?
(a) A new jacket.
(b) A Communist medal.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) Good luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya borrow money against in Chapter 8?
2. How low did the temperature drop during Volodya's exile?
3. Why didn't Masha want to become a surgeon?
4. How did Masha's father die?
5. What did Volodya and his wife decide to do to try to get a visa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Masha need to remind herself of when they arrived in the village in September?
2. When was Volodya's exile completed?
3. What does Masha realize at the start of Chapter 5?
4. What increased for Jews?
5. What were Volodya and Masha both fighting for?
6. Why were Masha and Volodya moved into an apartment?
7. What did Masha request?
8. Why did Masha and Volodya divorce?
9. Who died on March 5, 1953 and why was this death significant?
10. What happened on February 23, 1971?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)