|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Masha have in the early 1960s?
(b) Family doctor.
(c) Lab technician.
2. What did Solomon stay dedicated to?
(c) The Communist party.
(d) His family.
3. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
(a) He had a poor school record.
(b) He was not a Communist party member.
(c) He failed to get his diploma.
(d) He was a Jew.
4. Where did Volodya's mother-in-law die?
5. What was the name of boat Volodya and Masha vacationed on?
(a) The Mermaid.
(b) The Lobster.
(c) The Fish.
(d) The Dolphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Masha retire?
2. Who went with Volodya on his exile?
3. What did Volodya do when he arrived at his place of exile?
4. When did the first conference of World Jewry take place?
5. How many others signed the letter to the UN asking for the right to emigrate to Israel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Masha realize at the start of Chapter 5?
2. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
3. What increased for Jews?
4. Who visited Volodya at work in September 1971?
5. What did Solomon do in his old age?
6. What did Masha decline in 1953?
7. What did Masha need to remind herself of when they arrived in the village in September?
8. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
9. Why did Leonid request an extension after receiving a visa?
10. Why did Masha and Volodya divorce?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)