|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Volodya return to his exile with his wife in September 1978?
(a) By plane and bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By boat.
(d) By car.
2. Who refused to make a statement about Volodya's wish to leave the Soviet Union?
(a) His employer.
(b) His mother.
(c) His friends.
3. What job did Volodya find after being fired in September 1971?
(a) Radio technician.
(b) Delivering mail.
(c) Change toilet paper.
(d) Sharpening pencils for a workshop.
4. Where did Potok meet Volodya and Masha in 1995?
(a) New York
5. What was the first job Volodya found at the village?
(a) In a farm.
(b) At the granary.
(c) At the telegraph company.
(d) At the post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Volodya's jail sentence?
2. What did Volodya and his wife think prevented them from getting a visa?
3. When was Leonid Slepak born?
4. What overrode the fear of the Jewish scientists meeting in secret?
5. Who went to Leonid's school to try to put pressure on Volodya and his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
2. What did Solomon do in his old age?
3. What long story did Masha make up?
4. What happened to Masha after a few days of imprisonment?
5. What did Masha decline in 1953?
6. Why did Leonid request an extension after receiving a visa?
7. Who was Masha?
8. How did Volodya earn the respect of others in prison?
9. What happened on February 23, 1971?
10. When was Volodya's exile completed?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)