|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Khrushchev deliver his speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
2. What was the first job Volodya found at the village?
(a) At the telegraph company.
(b) At the granary.
(c) At the post office.
(d) In a farm.
3. What did the Soviet government repress the news of?
(a) Jewish deportation.
(b) Jewish uprising.
(c) Jews leaving the country.
(d) Jewish holidays.
4. When did Masha decide that she had had enough of the USSR?
(a) June 1979.
(b) June 1977.
(c) June 1982.
(d) June 1978.
5. What job did Volodya find after being fired in September 1971?
(a) Delivering mail.
(b) Radio technician.
(c) Change toilet paper.
(d) Sharpening pencils for a workshop.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Masha retire?
2. How old was Sanya Slepak when he got his exit visa?
3. What did Masha apply for and was granted after Solomon's death?
4. What was Noya Drapkin husband's name?
5. What did Volodya learn Solomon knew and refused to talk about later on?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)