|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Masha's sentence after being arrested?
(a) She was sentenced to 10 years in prison.
(b) 5 years exile.
(c) She was found not guilty.
(d) It was suspended.
2. What did Volodya and his wife decide to do to try to get a visa?
(a) Obtain a divorce.
(b) Try to hijack a plane.
(c) Try to cross the border illegally.
(d) Try to flee to the US consulate.
3. What job did Volodya find after being fired in September 1971?
(a) Change toilet paper.
(b) Delivering mail.
(c) Sharpening pencils for a workshop.
(d) Radio technician.
4. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
5. What was Solomon's health problem?
(a) His heart.
(b) Stomach cancer.
(c) Prostate cancer.
(d) Multiple Sclerosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were refuseniks in Soviet Russia?
2. What job did Masha have in the early 1960s?
3. When did Masha return to medical school?
4. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
5. How long did Masha spend in Moscow during the first year of exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Masha in April 1951?
2. What happened to Masha after a few days of imprisonment?
3. Why did Masha and Volodya divorce?
4. What did Potok wonder when he visited Volodya in the Poconos in 1995 according to the Epilogue?
5. What long story did Masha make up?
6. What did Masha and Volodya do in April 1987 and why?
7. What happened on February 23, 1971?
8. Who visited in Masha and Volodya in February and why?
9. How did Masha and Volodya survive after Masha retired in 1971?
10. How did Volodya describe his time in prison in Chapter 8?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)