|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
(a) The arrest of hundreds of innocent peoples.
(b) Killing innocent people.
(c) Stalin staying in power.
(d) Him being jailed.
2. What was taken out of textbooks according to Masha?
(a) Jewish names.
(b) American names.
(c) Pictures of Stalin.
(d) Foreign sounding names.
3. How old was Sanya Slepak when he got his exit visa?
4. When did Masha and Volodya obtain their exit visa?
(a) October 13, 1988.
(b) October 13, 1987.
(c) October 13, 1989.
(d) October 13, 1990.
5. What did Volodya and his wife think prevented them from getting a visa?
(a) Masha's mother.
(b) Volodya's father.
(c) Volodya's security status.
(d) His religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before the search did Volodya sign a letter to the UN asking for the right to emigrate to Israel?
2. What was a result of Volodya's arrest and jail time?
3. Who went with Volodya on his exile?
4. When did Masha decide that she had had enough of the USSR?
5. How long did Volodya wait before reapplying for a visa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visited Volodya at work in September 1971?
2. What reason was Volodya given for denial of his visa application?
3. Who was Masha?
4. How did Masha and Volodya survive after Masha retired in 1971?
5. Why were Masha and Volodya moved into an apartment?
6. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
7. What did Masha and Volodya do in April 1987 and why?
8. Who visited in Masha and Volodya in February and why?
9. What long story did Masha make up?
10. What increased for Jews?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)