|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Volodya's exile sentence?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
2. Who went with Volodya on his exile?
(a) His father.
(b) His sons.
(d) His mother in law.
3. When did Masha and Volodya obtain their exit visa?
(a) October 13, 1987.
(b) October 13, 1990.
(c) October 13, 1989.
(d) October 13, 1988.
4. Why was the letter sent from pretend relatives in Israel not used?
(a) Volodya's family names were misspelled.
(b) The rules for applying were changed.
(c) It was confiscated by the KGB.
(d) It was written in Hebrew.
5. What was the main focus of the first conference of World Jewry?
(a) Yom Kippur.
(b) The Jewsih army.
(c) Jewish emigration from the Soviet Union.
(d) The Six Day War.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Sanya Slepak offered an exit visa?
2. How long did Volodya wait before reapplying for a visa?
3. Where did the first conference of World Jewry take place?
4. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
5. What did Solomon say of the mistakes made by Stalin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Volodya and others request at the start of Chapter 7?
2. What happened to Volodya's mother-in-law?
3. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
4. How did Volodya earn the respect of others in prison?
5. What did Masha and Volodya do in April 1987 and why?
6. What reason was Volodya given for denial of his visa application?
7. What increased for Jews?
8. What job opportunity did Volodya have in 1962?
9. How did Volodya describe his time in prison in Chapter 8?
10. What does Masha realize at the start of Chapter 5?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)