|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Masha born?
(a) November 9, 1926.
(b) November 7, 1927.
(c) December 7, 1926.
(d) November 7, 1926.
2. Where did Noya Drapkin want to emigrate to?
(c) South Africa.
3. How did the Communist authorities prevent Russians from listening to news from the West?
(a) The radios were limited to Russians frequencies.
(b) They prevented large emissions tower from being put next to their borders.
(c) They scrambled frequencies used by the West.
(d) They didn't allow personal radios.
4. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
(a) The arrest of hundreds of innocent peoples.
(b) Killing innocent people.
(c) Him being jailed.
(d) Stalin staying in power.
5. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
(a) Visa seekers were seen as enemies of the government.
(b) Visa seekers lost their jobs.
(c) Visa seekers lost their pension.
(d) Visa seekers could not work for the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Solomon die?
2. What did Volodya and his wife decide to do to try to get a visa?
3. When did Stalin die?
4. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
5. Why didn't Masha want to become a surgeon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Masha and Volodya survive after Masha retired in 1971?
2. Who visited in Masha and Volodya in February and why?
3. What did Potok wonder when he visited Volodya in the Poconos in 1995 according to the Epilogue?
4. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
5. Why did Leonid request an extension after receiving a visa?
6. Why did Masha return to Moscow every 4 months?
7. What happened to Masha after a few days of imprisonment?
8. What did Masha decline in 1953?
9. What happened when Volodya worked at an international telephone station?
10. What news did Masha received on October 13, 1987?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)