|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Masha arrested in 1951?
(a) Under the charge that she possessed a concealed weapon.
(b) Under the charge that she was using drugs.
(c) Under the charge that she didn't have a Communist party card.
(d) Under the charge that she was a spy.
2. What was a result of Volodya's arrest and jail time?
(a) He stopped applying for a visa.
(b) He made friend of political dissidents.
(c) He repudiated his father.
(d) He started having contact with the foreign press.
3. What was the name of boat Volodya and Masha vacationed on?
(a) The Fish.
(b) The Dolphin.
(c) The Mermaid.
(d) The Lobster.
4. Where did Noya Drapkin want to emigrate to?
(d) South Africa.
5. What were some of the refuseniks accused of being?
(a) KGB informers.
(b) CIA agents.
(d) FBI agents.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Volodya arrive in Moscow from exile?
2. When did the Jews begin to be repressed again after Stalin's death?
3. Where did Potok meet Volodya and Masha in 1995?
4. When did Volodya's mother in law receive her visa?
5. What was Volodya's shift?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)