|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Solomon come to the United States?
2. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
(a) The world's armies were depleted.
(b) The world's governments were weakened.
(c) The transportation system was in place for agents to move freely.
(d) Literacy was at its highest.
3. When was Volodya born?
(a) October 12, 1927.
(b) October 29, 1927.
(c) September 29, 1927.
(d) October 29, 1928.
4. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
(a) His father.
(b) His older brother.
(c) His nanny.
(d) His mother.
5. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
(a) Gregory Alexeyev.
(b) Markus Trenko.
(c) Gregory Zarkhin.
(d) Igor Stravinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
2. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
3. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
4. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
5. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was signed in August 1939?
2. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
3. How did Russians view the Jews?
4. When did Volodya realize he was a Jew according to Chapter 3?
5. Who was Owen Laster and what did he ask?
6. What happened with Slepak and Fanya's children?
7. What was Solomon invited to do?
8. When did the Slepak family receive an exit visa and where were they headed?
9. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
10. When celebrating an impromptu Shabbat, what did the family substitute?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)