|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1986.
(b) October 1985.
(c) October 1988.
(d) October 1987.
2. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
3. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(b) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(d) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
4. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
5. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(c) Military service.
(d) An exit visa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
2. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
3. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
4. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
5. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did Russia have on the author's own life?
2. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
3. Why would someone who joined the Army not be allowed to leave the country?
4. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
5. When did the Slepak family receive an exit visa and where were they headed?
6. What was signed in August 1939?
7. When does the Prologue open and where was the author and his wife?
8. What does "The Gates of November" say who about two generations according to the Intro?
9. What did Volodya discover decades after they left Peking?
10. Who was Owen Laster and what did he ask?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)