|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(b) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
2. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His sons.
(b) His wife alone.
(c) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
(d) KGB agents.
3. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
4. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
(a) The Inquisition.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Middle Ages.
5. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(b) That he would write a book about them.
(c) That he brought money.
(d) That their visitor was Potok.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
2. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
3. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
4. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
5. When was Volodya born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What photographs does the author describe?
2. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
3. When did the Slepak family receive an exit visa and where were they headed?
4. What did Volodya discover decades after they left Peking?
5. What option was Solomon given at the age of 13?
6. How did Russians view the Jews?
7. What happened to Jews in the Common Era?
8. Who was Owen Laster and what did he ask?
9. Who did Slepak run into in 1920 according to Chapter 2?
10. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)