Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) After the end of WWII.
(b) After 1964.
(c) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
(d) Before 1920.
2. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(a) Water birth.
(b) By forceps.
(c) By C-section.
3. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
4. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) How to bolster their respective army.
(b) Howe to launch a man in space.
(c) How to conquer the world.
(d) How to improve economy.
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(a) Yom Kippur.
(d) A Bar Mitzvah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
2. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
3. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
4. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
5. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Masha and Volodya divorce?
2. What was Volodya rejected for at the start of Chapter 4?
3. What were Volodya and Masha both fighting for?
4. Why would someone who joined the Army not be allowed to leave the country?
5. What news did Masha received on October 13, 1987?
6. What does "The Gates of November" say who about two generations according to the Intro?
7. When does the Prologue open and where was the author and his wife?
8. How did Russians view the Jews?
9. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
10. What did Masha and Volodya do in April 1987 and why?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)