|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(a) Yom Kippur.
(c) A Bar Mitzvah.
2. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(a) Their respective family history.
(c) The Afganistan war.
3. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
(a) The world's armies were depleted.
(b) The transportation system was in place for agents to move freely.
(c) The world's governments were weakened.
(d) Literacy was at its highest.
4. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) How to improve economy.
(b) How to bolster their respective army.
(c) How to conquer the world.
(d) Howe to launch a man in space.
5. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Georgian King.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Manchourian Emperor.
(d) The Scandinavian Russ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
2. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
3. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
4. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
5. When was Volodya born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
2. What effect did Russia have on the author's own life?
3. What photographs does the author describe?
4. What happened to Jews in the Common Era?
5. What was Solomon invited to do?
6. What did Volodya discover decades after they left Peking?
7. What does "The Gates of November" say who about two generations according to the Intro?
8. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
9. What option was Solomon given at the age of 13?
10. What happened with Slepak and Fanya's children?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)