|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1980s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1960s.
2. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
(a) Yang Ze Min.
(d) Sun Yat-sen.
3. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 2 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 0.9 million.
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) Street lights were abundant.
(b) For security reasons.
(c) Bulbs were in short supply.
(d) To save the battery.
5. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(b) By C-section.
(c) By forceps.
(d) Water birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
2. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
3. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
4. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
5. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many Jews lived in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
2. When does the Prologue open and where was the author and his wife?
3. Why would someone who joined the Army not be allowed to leave the country?
4. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
5. What happened to Jews in the Common Era?
6. What photographs does the author describe?
7. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
8. What did Volodya discover decades after they left Peking?
9. What did Solomon Slepak's father want for him?
10. Who did Slepak run into in 1920 according to Chapter 2?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)