|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(b) Armenia and Georgia.
2. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
3. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(b) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(c) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(d) That Potok was a KGB agent.
4. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) After 1964.
(b) After the end of WWII.
(c) Before 1920.
(d) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
5. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 3 million.
(c) 0.9 million.
(d) 5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
2. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
3. How many countries were represented in the second Congress of the Comintern?
4. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
5. What was Solomon's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Volodya realize he was a Jew according to Chapter 3?
2. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
3. What happened to Jews in the Common Era?
4. What option was Solomon given at the age of 13?
5. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
6. What did Volodya discover decades after they left Peking?
7. What did Slepak ask of his visitors when they got to the apartment?
8. When does the Prologue open and where was the author and his wife?
9. What effect did Russia have on the author's own life?
10. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1 and what happened during his youth?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)