|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
2. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
3. When was Volodya born?
(a) October 29, 1927.
(b) October 12, 1927.
(c) September 29, 1927.
(d) October 29, 1928.
4. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
(a) 6th century.
(b) 7th century.
(c) 10th century.
(d) 8th century.
5. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because of the tuition cost.
(b) Because his grades were too low.
(c) Because of the quota system.
(d) Because the school was too far.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
2. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
3. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
4. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
5. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Jews in the Common Era?
2. Who did Slepak run into in 1920 according to Chapter 2?
3. How many Jews lived in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
4. What happened with Slepak and Fanya's children?
5. What option was Solomon given at the age of 13?
6. When did Solomon immigrate to America and what happened when he arrived?
7. How did Russians view the Jews?
8. What does "The Gates of November" say who about two generations according to the Intro?
9. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
10. What photographs does the author describe?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)