|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
(b) He wanted a fresh start.
(c) It was easier to write in Japanese.
(d) So it didn't sound Jewish.
2. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(b) The Afganistan war.
(c) Their respective family history.
3. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
(a) His mother.
(b) His older brother.
(c) His nanny.
(d) His father.
4. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
5. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
2. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
3. What was Solomon's wife's name?
4. When was Volodya born?
5. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
2. What happened to Volodya's mother-in-law?
3. What happened when Volodya worked at an international telephone station?
4. Why did Masha return to Moscow every 4 months?
5. When did Solomon immigrate to America and what happened when he arrived?
6. What did Masha and Volodya do in April 1987 and why?
7. What was different about Masha and Volodya's life on vacation according to Chapter 6?
8. What were Volodya and Masha both fighting for?
9. What happened on February 23, 1971?
10. Why did Leonid request an extension after receiving a visa?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)