|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Volodya born?
(a) October 29, 1927.
(b) September 29, 1927.
(c) October 29, 1928.
(d) October 12, 1927.
2. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
3. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
4. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
5. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(a) By C-section.
(b) By forceps.
(c) Water birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
2. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
3. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
4. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
5. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Volodya realize he was a Jew according to Chapter 3?
2. When does the Prologue open and where was the author and his wife?
3. What did Slepak ask of his visitors when they got to the apartment?
4. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
5. Who was Owen Laster and what did he ask?
6. Why would someone who joined the Army not be allowed to leave the country?
7. When did the Slepak family receive an exit visa and where were they headed?
8. What photographs does the author describe?
9. What did Volodya discover decades after they left Peking?
10. How many Jews lived in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)