|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) How to bolster their respective army.
(b) How to improve economy.
(c) How to conquer the world.
(d) Howe to launch a man in space.
2. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
(a) His nanny.
(b) His mother.
(c) His older brother.
(d) His father.
3. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
4. When did Solomon come to the United States?
5. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a soldier.
(b) Become a rabbi.
(c) Become a physician.
(d) Become a dentist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
2. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
3. When did Voitinsky go to China?
4. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
5. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
2. When did the Slepak family receive an exit visa and where were they headed?
3. What was Solomon invited to do?
4. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
5. What was signed in August 1939?
6. What did Volodya discover decades after they left Peking?
7. What photographs does the author describe?
8. When did Volodya realize he was a Jew according to Chapter 3?
9. What option was Solomon given at the age of 13?
10. Why would someone who joined the Army not be allowed to leave the country?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)