|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. How many countries were represented in the second Congress of the Comintern?
3. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
4. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
5. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
(b) He was recall for a promotion.
(c) His child was sick.
(d) His mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
2. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
3. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
4. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
5. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Volodya discover decades after they left Peking?
2. What photographs does the author describe?
3. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
4. What was Solomon invited to do?
5. What option was Solomon given at the age of 13?
6. What did Slepak ask of his visitors when they got to the apartment?
7. When did the Slepak family receive an exit visa and where were they headed?
8. When celebrating an impromptu Shabbat, what did the family substitute?
9. What effect did Russia have on the author's own life?
10. When did Solomon immigrate to America and what happened when he arrived?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)