|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
(a) Gregory Zarkhin.
(b) Markus Trenko.
(c) Igor Stravinsky.
(d) Gregory Alexeyev.
2. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A car.
(b) A boat.
(c) A plane.
(d) A train.
4. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(b) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(c) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(d) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
5. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
2. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
3. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
4. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
5. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
2. When does the Prologue open and where was the author and his wife?
3. Who did Slepak run into in 1920 according to Chapter 2?
4. When did the Slepak family receive an exit visa and where were they headed?
5. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1 and what happened during his youth?
6. What does "The Gates of November" say who about two generations according to the Intro?
7. How did Russians view the Jews?
8. What was Solomon invited to do?
9. What happened with Slepak and Fanya's children?
10. What happened to Jews in the Common Era?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)