|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Solomon leave Tass?
2. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) First century before the Common Era.
(b) Second century before the Common Era.
(c) Third century before the Common Era.
(d) Fourth century before the Common Era.
3. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he would write a book about them.
(b) That their visitor was Potok.
(c) That he brought money.
(d) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
4. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
5. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
Short Answer Questions
1. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
2. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
3. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
4. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
5. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
2. When did Solomon immigrate to America and what happened when he arrived?
3. When did Volodya realize he was a Jew according to Chapter 3?
4. What option was Solomon given at the age of 13?
5. What did Slepak ask of his visitors when they got to the apartment?
6. What did Solomon Slepak's father want for him?
7. When celebrating an impromptu Shabbat, what did the family substitute?
8. What does "The Gates of November" say who about two generations according to the Intro?
9. What happened to Jews in the Common Era?
10. How did Russians view the Jews?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)