|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
2. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. When did Solomon leave Tass?
4. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
5. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(c) Armenia and Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
2. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
3. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
4. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
5. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
2. What did Masha request?
3. What happened on February 23, 1971?
4. Who did Slepak run into in 1920 according to Chapter 2?
5. What photographs does the author describe?
6. What happened to Volodya's mother-in-law?
7. Why did Masha return to Moscow every 4 months?
8. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
9. When did Volodya realize he was a Jew according to Chapter 3?
10. What did Volodya discover decades after they left Peking?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)