|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their mother in law.
(c) Their son.
(d) Their aunt.
2. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
3. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
(a) Sakhalin Island.
4. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(a) An exit visa.
(b) Military service.
5. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(d) Armenia and Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
2. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
3. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
4. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
5. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news did Masha received on October 13, 1987?
2. How did Russians view the Jews?
3. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1 and what happened during his youth?
4. What were Volodya and Masha both fighting for?
5. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
6. How much time had passed since Volodya and Masha first applied for a visa by the end of 1970's?
7. What was Volodya rejected for at the start of Chapter 4?
8. What did Solomon do in his old age?
9. What did Potok wonder when he visited Volodya in the Poconos in 1995 according to the Epilogue?
10. What did Masha request?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)