|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
2. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(a) Military service.
(d) An exit visa.
3. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(c) Speak Hebrew.
(d) Give gifts.
4. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
5. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 3 million.
(d) 0.9 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
2. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
3. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
4. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
5. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What photographs does the author describe?
2. What was signed in August 1939?
3. What did Volodya discover decades after they left Peking?
4. When does the Prologue open and where was the author and his wife?
5. When did Solomon immigrate to America and what happened when he arrived?
6. Why would someone who joined the Army not be allowed to leave the country?
7. What effect did Russia have on the author's own life?
8. What was Solomon invited to do?
9. What option was Solomon given at the age of 13?
10. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)