|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
(c) Sun Yat-sen.
(d) Yang Ze Min.
2. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
3. When did Voitinsky go to China?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) For security reasons.
(b) To save the battery.
(c) Street lights were abundant.
(d) Bulbs were in short supply.
5. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
2. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
3. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
4. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
5. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1 and what happened during his youth?
2. What happened with Slepak and Fanya's children?
3. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
4. What option was Solomon given at the age of 13?
5. What happened to Jews in the Common Era?
6. What photographs does the author describe?
7. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
8. How did Russians view the Jews?
9. When celebrating an impromptu Shabbat, what did the family substitute?
10. When did Solomon immigrate to America and what happened when he arrived?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)