|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
(a) They prevented them from owning property.
(b) It closed synagogues.
(c) They forbade Bar Mitzvahs.
(d) They forbade them from speaking Hebrew.
2. When did Voitinsky go to China?
3. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
4. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) Lenin's death.
(b) The final defeat of the "White" army.
(c) Stalin's rise to power.
(d) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
2. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
3. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
4. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
5. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Slepak run into in 1920 according to Chapter 2?
2. When does the Prologue open and where was the author and his wife?
3. What does "The Gates of November" say who about two generations according to the Intro?
4. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
5. How many Jews lived in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
6. Why were the Russians excited after giving a housewarming gift?
7. What did Solomon Slepak's father want for him?
8. When did Solomon immigrate to America and what happened when he arrived?
9. What did Slepak ask of his visitors when they got to the apartment?
10. What happened to Jews in the Common Era?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)