|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
2. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) KGB agents.
(b) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
(c) His sons.
(d) His wife alone.
3. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(d) New York.
4. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
5. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(a) Their respective family history.
(c) The Afganistan war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
2. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
3. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
4. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
5. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Owen Laster and what did he ask?
2. When did Solomon immigrate to America and what happened when he arrived?
3. Who did Slepak run into in 1920 according to Chapter 2?
4. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1 and what happened during his youth?
5. What did Stalin decide after Germany surrendered to Russia in 1945?
6. What did Volodya discover decades after they left Peking?
7. What happened with Slepak and Fanya's children?
8. How many Jews lived in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
9. Why would someone who joined the Army not be allowed to leave the country?
10. When celebrating an impromptu Shabbat, what did the family substitute?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)