|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Noya Drapkin husband's name?
2. How many others signed the letter to the UN asking for the right to emigrate to Israel?
3. When was Volodya's apartment searched according to Chapter 7?
(a) June 1971.
(b) June 1973.
(c) June 1970.
(d) June 1972.
4. What was Solomon surrounded by during his retirement?
(b) His family.
(d) Books and paper.
5. What did Leonid bring to his parents?
(a) Exit visas.
(b) Warm clothing, food, and medicine.
(c) News from thir friends in prison.
(d) News that he was getting married.
6. Why did Volodya leave his job after he decided to emigrate?
(a) He needed to leave the country.
(b) He needed a recommandation from his employer.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He wanted to focus on his application.
7. How long was Volodya's jail sentence?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 35 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 20 days.
8. Where did Volodya's mother-in-law die?
9. When did Masha and Volodya obtain their exit visa?
(a) October 13, 1987.
(b) October 13, 1988.
(c) October 13, 1989.
(d) October 13, 1990.
10. Who went with Volodya on his exile?
(a) His sons.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother in law.
11. Where did Noya Drapkin want to emigrate to?
(a) South Africa.
12. When did Masha and Volodya marry?
(a) May 7, 1951.
(b) June 7, 1951.
(c) June 9, 1951.
(d) June 7, 1952.
13. How long was Khrushchev's speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
(a) 20,000 words.
(b) 90,000 words.
(c) 10,000 words.
(d) 3,000 words.
14. When did Khrushchev deliver his speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
15. When did the government start attacking the refuseniks?
(a) March 1965.
(b) March 1979.
(c) March 1978.
(d) March 1977.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was safer than having a large group of friends?
2. What did Solomon stay dedicated to?
3. How long did Masha spend in Moscow during the first year of exile?
4. When was Masha born?
5. What was Volodya allowed to do following his father's death?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)