|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many others signed the letter to the UN asking for the right to emigrate to Israel?
2. When was Sanya Slepak offered an exit visa?
3. How low did the temperature drop during Volodya's exile?
(a) -50 F.
(b) -80 F.
(c) -40 F.
(d) -30 F.
4. When did Masha return to medical school?
(a) After the birth of Sanya.
(b) After her 30th birthday.
(c) After Volodya got a well paying job.
(d) After her mother passed away.
5. How far from Moscow was Volodya's place of exile?
(a) 2,000 miles.
(b) 5,000 miles.
(c) 3,000 miles.
(d) 15,000 miles.
6. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A son.
(d) A bag.
7. What did Solomon stay dedicated to?
(a) The Communist party.
(c) His family.
8. When was Leonid Slepak born?
(a) April 1959.
(b) May 1959.
(c) May 1960.
(d) April 1960.
9. Where did Volodya and the others stage their protest?
(a) The UN building.
(b) The presidium.
(c) The Kremelin.
(d) The US Embassy.
10. How did the Communist authorities prevent Russians from listening to news from the West?
(a) They scrambled frequencies used by the West.
(b) They prevented large emissions tower from being put next to their borders.
(c) The radios were limited to Russians frequencies.
(d) They didn't allow personal radios.
11. What were refuseniks in Soviet Russia?
(a) People who refused to accept the end of the USSR.
(b) Dissidents whose visas were always refused.
(c) People who refused to take their Communist party card.
(d) Dissidents who refused to join the army.
12. When did Volodya arrive in Moscow from exile?
(a) December 6, 1982.
(b) December 5, 1982.
(c) December 8, 1982.
(d) December 4, 1982.
13. Why did Volodya leave his job after he decided to emigrate?
(a) He wanted to focus on his application.
(b) He needed to leave the country.
(c) He needed a recommandation from his employer.
(d) He was fired.
14. When did the Jews begin to be repressed again after Stalin's death?
15. When did Masha retire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of boat Volodya and Masha vacationed on?
2. When did the first conference of World Jewry take place?
3. What was Solomon's health problem?
4. Where did the first conference of World Jewry take place?
5. What was Volodya allowed to do following his father's death?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)