|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to make a statement about Volodya's wish to leave the Soviet Union?
(b) His friends.
(c) His employer.
(d) His mother.
2. When did Masha retire?
3. What were some of the refuseniks accused of being?
(b) KGB informers.
(c) CIA agents.
(d) FBI agents.
4. How far from Moscow was Volodya's place of exile?
(a) 2,000 miles.
(b) 3,000 miles.
(c) 15,000 miles.
(d) 5,000 miles.
5. Who visited Solomon in the 1970s?
(a) His wife's family.
(b) His daughters.
(c) His grandsons.
(d) His friends.
6. When did Volodya arrive in Moscow from exile?
(a) December 4, 1982.
(b) December 6, 1982.
(c) December 8, 1982.
(d) December 5, 1982.
7. When was Leonid Slepak born?
(a) April 1960.
(b) May 1960.
(c) May 1959.
(d) April 1959.
8. When did Masha and Volodya marry?
(a) June 7, 1952.
(b) May 7, 1951.
(c) June 9, 1951.
(d) June 7, 1951.
9. What did Sanya learn on the radio in 1978?
(a) That his parents fled the country.
(b) That his parents had been arrested.
(c) That his grandfather was dead.
(d) That the USSR fell.
10. Where did Volodya and the others stage their protest?
(a) The US Embassy.
(b) The Kremelin.
(c) The presidium.
(d) The UN building.
11. What was Solomon surrounded by during his retirement?
(a) Books and paper.
(d) His family.
12. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
(a) That he would never join the Communist party.
(b) That he was thinking of joining the army.
(c) That he didn't like Stalin.
(d) That he wanted to marry a non-Jewish woman.
13. When was Volodya's apartment searched according to Chapter 7?
(a) June 1973.
(b) June 1970.
(c) June 1972.
(d) June 1971.
14. What did the Soviet government repress the news of?
(a) Jewish deportation.
(b) Jewish holidays.
(c) Jews leaving the country.
(d) Jewish uprising.
15. What prompted Volodya's firing from his job in September of 1971?
(a) A visit from a political officer.
(b) A visit from the Party official.
(c) A visit from the NKVD.
(d) A visit from the KGB.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Masha have in the early 1960s?
2. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
3. What was the first job Volodya found at the village?
4. What was Solomon's health problem?
5. What was Noya Drapkin husband's name?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)