|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya and his wife think prevented them from getting a visa?
(a) Volodya's security status.
(b) Masha's mother.
(c) His religion.
(d) Volodya's father.
2. What was Noya Drapkin husband's name?
3. How low did the temperature drop during Volodya's exile?
(a) -50 F.
(b) -80 F.
(c) -40 F.
(d) -30 F.
4. What did Solomon do during his retirement?
(a) Watched TV.
(b) Played golf.
(c) Wrote and translated.
(d) Worked at the local Communist center.
5. When did Leonid chance a trip to visit his parents?
(a) February 1979.
(b) February 1978.
(c) February 1981.
(d) February 1980.
6. What did Solomon stay dedicated to?
(a) The Communist party.
(d) His family.
7. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
(a) Let us leave the USSR.
(b) Let us have hot water.
(c) Let us go to our son in Israel.
(d) Let us go to Synagogue.
8. What prompted Volodya's firing from his job in September of 1971?
(a) A visit from the NKVD.
(b) A visit from the KGB.
(c) A visit from a political officer.
(d) A visit from the Party official.
9. Where did the first conference of World Jewry take place?
(c) New York.
10. What job did Volodya find after being fired in September 1971?
(a) Radio technician.
(b) Sharpening pencils for a workshop.
(c) Change toilet paper.
(d) Delivering mail.
11. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
(a) Killing innocent people.
(b) Him being jailed.
(c) The arrest of hundreds of innocent peoples.
(d) Stalin staying in power.
12. Why was the letter sent from pretend relatives in Israel not used?
(a) It was confiscated by the KGB.
(b) The rules for applying were changed.
(c) It was written in Hebrew.
(d) Volodya's family names were misspelled.
13. What did Volodya borrow money against in Chapter 8?
(a) His life.
(b) His house in Moscow.
(c) His furniture.
(d) His future earnings.
14. What was a result of Volodya's arrest and jail time?
(a) He started having contact with the foreign press.
(b) He stopped applying for a visa.
(c) He made friend of political dissidents.
(d) He repudiated his father.
15. When did Masha and Volodya obtain their exit visa?
(a) October 13, 1988.
(b) October 13, 1987.
(c) October 13, 1989.
(d) October 13, 1990.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first job Volodya found at the village?
2. When did the first conference of World Jewry take place?
3. What was the name of boat Volodya and Masha vacationed on?
4. How long was Volodya's exile sentence?
5. How long was Volodya's jail sentence?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)