|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Masha apply for and was granted after Solomon's death?
(a) A raise of her pension.
(b) An exit visa.
(c) The right to accompany Volodya in exile.
(d) Her retirement.
2. Where did Noya Drapkin want to emigrate to?
(a) South Africa.
3. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
(a) Killing innocent people.
(b) Stalin staying in power.
(c) Him being jailed.
(d) The arrest of hundreds of innocent peoples.
4. Who visited Solomon in the 1970s?
(a) His wife's family.
(b) His grandsons.
(c) His daughters.
(d) His friends.
5. When was Masha born?
(a) December 7, 1926.
(b) November 7, 1926.
(c) November 9, 1926.
(d) November 7, 1927.
6. Where was Volodya working in September 1971?
(a) Institute of Organic Chemistry at the Academy of Sciences.
(b) Institute of Radio and Television.
(c) Institute of Avionic Design.
(d) Institute of Radar Telemetry.
7. What were refuseniks in Soviet Russia?
(a) Dissidents who refused to join the army.
(b) Dissidents whose visas were always refused.
(c) People who refused to accept the end of the USSR.
(d) People who refused to take their Communist party card.
8. How often did Masha return to Moscow during the exile?
(a) Every 5 months.
(b) Every 2 months.
(c) Every 4 months.
(d) Every 3 months.
9. Why was Masha arrested in 1951?
(a) Under the charge that she was a spy.
(b) Under the charge that she didn't have a Communist party card.
(c) Under the charge that she possessed a concealed weapon.
(d) Under the charge that she was using drugs.
10. What did Solomon stay dedicated to?
(a) The Communist party.
(d) His family.
11. Whose exit visa was approved in April 1979?
12. When did the weather begin to get colder in exile?
(a) Early September.
(b) Mid October.
(c) Middle of September.
(d) End of September.
13. What job did Volodya take in the boiler room?
(a) Coal hauler.
(b) Maintenance technician.
(d) Plan manager.
14. How old was Sanya Slepak when he got his exit visa?
15. Who refused to make a statement about Volodya's wish to leave the Soviet Union?
(a) His friends.
(b) His mother.
(d) His employer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Volodya sent to for his exile?
2. What was Volodya's shift?
3. What did Leonid bring to his parents?
4. When did Khrushchev deliver his speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
5. How did Masha's father die?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)