|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Leonid chance a trip to visit his parents?
(a) February 1981.
(b) February 1980.
(c) February 1979.
(d) February 1978.
2. What was Noya Drapkin husband's name?
3. What relationship did Solomon have with his son in the 1970s?
(a) He cut ties with him.
(b) They talked every other week.
(c) They were close.
(d) They were tense, but cordial.
4. Who refused to make a statement about Volodya's wish to leave the Soviet Union?
(b) His mother.
(c) His friends.
(d) His employer.
5. How long was Volodya's exile sentence?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
6. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
(a) That he didn't like Stalin.
(b) That he would never join the Communist party.
(c) That he was thinking of joining the army.
(d) That he wanted to marry a non-Jewish woman.
7. Who went with Volodya on his exile?
(b) His sons.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother in law.
8. What was the first job Volodya found at the village?
(a) At the granary.
(b) At the post office.
(c) At the telegraph company.
(d) In a farm.
9. Where did Volodya's mother-in-law die?
10. What did Leonid bring to his parents?
(a) News that he was getting married.
(b) Exit visas.
(c) Warm clothing, food, and medicine.
(d) News from thir friends in prison.
11. What were some of the refuseniks accused of being?
(a) FBI agents.
(b) KGB informers.
(d) CIA agents.
12. When did the Jews begin to be repressed again after Stalin's death?
13. What was the name of boat Volodya and Masha vacationed on?
(a) The Lobster.
(b) The Mermaid.
(c) The Dolphin.
(d) The Fish.
14. Where did Volodya and the others stage their protest?
(a) The US Embassy.
(b) The presidium.
(c) The UN building.
(d) The Kremelin.
15. How long did Volodya wait before reapplying for a visa?
(a) He never reapplied.
(b) He continually applied.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Masha arrested in 1951?
2. Why was the letter sent from pretend relatives in Israel not used?
3. When did the government start attacking the refuseniks?
4. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
5. When was Masha warned the second time about actions to be taken against the Russian Jews?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)