|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Masha and Volodya obtain their exit visa?
(a) October 13, 1987.
(b) October 13, 1988.
(c) October 13, 1989.
(d) October 13, 1990.
2. When did Volodya's mother in law receive her visa?
3. What did Sanya learn on the radio in 1978?
(a) That his parents had been arrested.
(b) That his grandfather was dead.
(c) That his parents fled the country.
(d) That the USSR fell.
4. Why was Masha arrested in 1951?
(a) Under the charge that she was using drugs.
(b) Under the charge that she possessed a concealed weapon.
(c) Under the charge that she was a spy.
(d) Under the charge that she didn't have a Communist party card.
5. What did Volodya and his wife think prevented them from getting a visa?
(a) Masha's mother.
(b) Volodya's security status.
(c) His religion.
(d) Volodya's father.
6. When did Leonid chance a trip to visit his parents?
(a) February 1981.
(b) February 1980.
(c) February 1979.
(d) February 1978.
7. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
(a) Killing innocent people.
(b) The arrest of hundreds of innocent peoples.
(c) Him being jailed.
(d) Stalin staying in power.
8. How did Masha's father die?
(d) Heart attack.
9. When was Volodya's apartment searched according to Chapter 7?
(a) June 1972.
(b) June 1970.
(c) June 1971.
(d) June 1973.
10. Who refused to make a statement about Volodya's wish to leave the Soviet Union?
(a) His employer.
(c) His mother.
(d) His friends.
11. Where did Sanya first emigrate to?
12. What did Solomon do during his retirement?
(a) Wrote and translated.
(b) Worked at the local Communist center.
(c) Played golf.
(d) Watched TV.
13. How far from Moscow was Volodya's place of exile?
(a) 15,000 miles.
(b) 5,000 miles.
(c) 2,000 miles.
(d) 3,000 miles.
14. Why did Volodya and his wife ask for a new place to stay?
(a) They were sharing it with another exilee.
(b) Masha did not think the house was safe.
(c) Masha found the place too small.
(d) She didn't like the landlord.
15. What job did Masha have in the early 1960s?
(b) Lab technician.
(c) Family doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Volodya told he had to wait before reapplying for a visa after being refused one?
2. What job did Volodya find after being fired in September 1971?
3. What did Masha apply for and was granted after Solomon's death?
4. When did Volodya arrive in Moscow from exile?
5. When did the first conference of World Jewry take place?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)