|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Solomon offer Sanya when he visited him before leaving USSR?
(a) Good luck.
(b) A Communist medal.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) A new jacket.
2. When was Volodya's apartment searched according to Chapter 7?
(a) June 1970.
(b) June 1972.
(c) June 1971.
(d) June 1973.
3. Where did Potok meet Volodya and Masha in 1995?
(c) New York
4. What did the Six Days War convince the Slepaks of?
(a) That the USSR was weak.
(b) Israel had a better army than the USSR.
(c) Israel needed radar technology.
(d) Israel could maintain power over their enemies.
5. Why was Masha arrested in 1951?
(a) Under the charge that she didn't have a Communist party card.
(b) Under the charge that she was a spy.
(c) Under the charge that she possessed a concealed weapon.
(d) Under the charge that she was using drugs.
6. Who went to Leonid's school to try to put pressure on Volodya and his wife?
(a) The NKVD.
(b) The local police.
(c) The KGB.
(d) The military police.
7. When did Volodya arrive in Moscow from exile?
(a) December 6, 1982.
(b) December 8, 1982.
(c) December 5, 1982.
(d) December 4, 1982.
8. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
9. What was safer than having a large group of friends?
(a) Keeping it in the family.
(b) Only having Communist friends.
(c) Having no friends.
(d) Having a small group of friends.
10. What did Solomon do during his retirement?
(a) Watched TV.
(b) Worked at the local Communist center.
(c) Wrote and translated.
(d) Played golf.
11. What did Masha apply for and was granted after Solomon's death?
(a) The right to accompany Volodya in exile.
(b) A raise of her pension.
(c) An exit visa.
(d) Her retirement.
12. What overrode the fear of the Jewish scientists meeting in secret?
(a) Their quest for knowledge.
(b) Their friendship.
(c) Their desire to undermine the USSR.
(d) Their desire to emigrate.
13. What job did Volodya take in the boiler room?
(a) Plan manager.
(b) Maintenance technician.
(d) Coal hauler.
14. Where did Noya Drapkin want to emigrate to?
(b) South Africa.
15. When did Volodya and his wife arrive at the village where he was exiled?
(a) Second week of September 1978.
(b) First week of September 1978.
(c) Third week of September 1978.
(d) Fourth week of September 1978.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya and his wife decide to do to try to get a visa?
2. Whose exit visa was approved in April 1979?
3. When did Masha and Volodya marry?
4. When was Masha born?
5. What was Volodya's shift?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)