|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1980s.
(d) The 1960s.
2. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
3. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
(a) His nanny.
(b) His father.
(c) His older brother.
(d) His mother.
4. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
5. When did Solomon leave Tass?
6. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
7. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) The Armenian genocide.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) Russian prosecution.
(d) The creation of the Jewish state.
8. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) Howe to launch a man in space.
(b) How to conquer the world.
(c) How to bolster their respective army.
(d) How to improve economy.
9. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
10. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
11. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Manchourian Emperor.
(b) The Scandinavian Russ.
(c) The Georgian King.
(d) The Pope.
12. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) First century before the Common Era.
(b) Third century before the Common Era.
(c) Second century before the Common Era.
(d) Fourth century before the Common Era.
13. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(b) Military service.
(d) An exit visa.
14. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The clock.
(b) The TV.
(c) The window.
(d) The door.
15. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
2. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
3. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
4. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
5. When did Voitinsky go to China?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)