|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a dentist or leave the house.
(b) Become a soldier or leave the house.
(c) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(d) Become a train driver or leave the house.
2. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
(a) Close to 10,000.
(b) Close to 20,000.
(c) Close to 30,000.
(d) Close to 40,000.
3. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(a) Armenia and Georgia.
4. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
5. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) How to conquer the world.
(b) Howe to launch a man in space.
(c) How to bolster their respective army.
(d) How to improve economy.
6. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
(a) Literacy was at its highest.
(b) The transportation system was in place for agents to move freely.
(c) The world's armies were depleted.
(d) The world's governments were weakened.
7. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Owen Laster.
(b) Igor Stenko.
(c) Joseph Marks.
(d) Mark Standal.
8. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
(a) 10th century.
(b) 6th century.
(c) 8th century.
(d) 7th century.
9. What was Solomon's wife's name?
10. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
11. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) The creation of the Jewish state.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) Russian prosecution.
(d) The Armenian genocide.
12. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
13. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
(a) Gregory Alexeyev.
(b) Markus Trenko.
(c) Igor Stravinsky.
(d) Gregory Zarkhin.
14. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(b) Yom Kippur.
(d) A Bar Mitzvah.
15. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 10 millions.
(b) 20 millions.
(c) 25 millions.
(d) 15 millions.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
2. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
3. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
4. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
5. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)