|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Voitinsky go to China?
2. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 0.9 million.
(c) 2 million.
(d) 5 million.
3. When was Volodya born?
(a) October 12, 1927.
(b) October 29, 1927.
(c) September 29, 1927.
(d) October 29, 1928.
4. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(b) Give gifts.
(c) Speak Hebrew.
5. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
6. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
7. When did Solomon come to the United States?
8. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
9. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
(b) Stalin's rise to power.
(c) Lenin's death.
(d) The final defeat of the "White" army.
10. When did Solomon leave Tass?
11. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Asian tribes.
(b) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(c) Spanish tribes.
(d) European tribes.
12. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(b) Yom Kippur.
(d) A Bar Mitzvah.
13. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Second century before the Common Era.
(b) First century before the Common Era.
(c) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(d) Third century before the Common Era.
14. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
15. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
2. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
3. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
4. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
5. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)