|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
2. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
(a) Sakhalin Island.
3. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(b) Give gifts.
(c) Speak Hebrew.
4. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) He was recall for a promotion.
(b) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
(c) His child was sick.
(d) His mother died.
5. How many countries were represented in the second Congress of the Comintern?
6. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
7. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 0.9 million.
(b) 2 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 3 million.
8. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
9. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
(a) Igor Stravinsky.
(b) Markus Trenko.
(c) Gregory Zarkhin.
(d) Gregory Alexeyev.
10. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
11. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
12. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A train.
(b) A car.
(c) A plane.
(d) A boat.
13. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
(a) Literacy was at its highest.
(b) The transportation system was in place for agents to move freely.
(c) The world's governments were weakened.
(d) The world's armies were depleted.
14. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 10 millions.
(b) 20 millions.
(c) 15 millions.
(d) 25 millions.
15. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
2. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
3. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
4. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
5. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)