|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 25 millions.
(b) 15 millions.
(c) 20 millions.
(d) 10 millions.
2. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(a) Yom Kippur.
(d) A Bar Mitzvah.
3. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a physician.
(b) Become a soldier.
(c) Become a dentist.
(d) Become a rabbi.
4. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
(a) His nanny.
(b) His older brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
6. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His wife alone.
(b) His sons.
(c) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
(d) KGB agents.
7. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) The final defeat of the "White" army.
(b) Stalin's rise to power.
(c) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
(d) Lenin's death.
8. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
9. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 0.9 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 3 million.
10. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Mark Standal.
(b) Owen Laster.
(c) Joseph Marks.
(d) Igor Stenko.
11. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
(c) Sakhalin Island.
12. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
(a) Markus Trenko.
(b) Gregory Alexeyev.
(c) Gregory Zarkhin.
(d) Igor Stravinsky.
13. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
14. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
15. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
(a) Close to 40,000.
(b) Close to 30,000.
(c) Close to 20,000.
(d) Close to 10,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
2. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
3. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
4. When was Volodya born?
5. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)