|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1980s.
2. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(c) Give gifts.
(d) Speak Hebrew.
3. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
4. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
(b) Yang Ze Min.
(c) Sun Yat-sen.
5. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
6. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
7. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
8. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
9. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
10. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1987.
(b) October 1986.
(c) October 1988.
(d) October 1985.
11. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
(a) They forbade Bar Mitzvahs.
(b) It closed synagogues.
(c) They prevented them from owning property.
(d) They forbade them from speaking Hebrew.
12. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
13. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
14. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 15 millions.
(b) 25 millions.
(c) 20 millions.
(d) 10 millions.
15. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) His child was sick.
(b) His mother died.
(c) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
(d) He was recall for a promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
2. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
3. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
4. When did Solomon leave Tass?
5. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)