|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many countries were represented in the second Congress of the Comintern?
2. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
3. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
(a) The Inquisition.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Middle Ages.
4. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
5. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
(a) Close to 20,000.
(b) Close to 10,000.
(c) Close to 30,000.
(d) Close to 40,000.
6. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(b) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(c) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
7. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
8. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
9. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) How to bolster their respective army.
(b) Howe to launch a man in space.
(c) How to improve economy.
(d) How to conquer the world.
10. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) His child was sick.
(b) His mother died.
(c) He was recall for a promotion.
(d) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
11. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(a) By C-section.
(c) Water birth.
(d) By forceps.
12. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
(a) Yury Andropov.
(b) Igor Stenko.
(d) Gregory Zarkhin.
13. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
(a) As heretics.
(b) As angels.
(c) As bad merchants.
(d) As demons.
14. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Georgian King.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Manchourian Emperor.
(d) The Scandinavian Russ.
15. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
2. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
3. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
4. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
5. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)