|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
2. When was Volodya born?
(a) September 29, 1927.
(b) October 29, 1928.
(c) October 29, 1927.
(d) October 12, 1927.
3. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(a) Give gifts.
(b) Speak Hebrew.
4. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(a) By forceps.
(b) Water birth.
(c) By C-section.
5. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
6. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
(a) The world's governments were weakened.
(b) The transportation system was in place for agents to move freely.
(c) The world's armies were depleted.
(d) Literacy was at its highest.
7. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
8. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(b) Military service.
(c) An exit visa.
9. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) Before 1920.
(b) After 1964.
(c) After the end of WWII.
(d) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
10. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
11. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 20 millions.
(b) 25 millions.
(c) 15 millions.
(d) 10 millions.
12. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1987.
(b) October 1988.
(c) October 1986.
(d) October 1985.
13. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) European tribes.
(b) Asian tribes.
(c) Spanish tribes.
(d) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
14. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) Kievan Russia.
(c) The Russian kingdom.
(d) The Christian Russian Empire.
15. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
2. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
3. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
4. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
5. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)