|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their son.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their mother in law.
2. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
3. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
(d) Sakhalin Island.
4. What was Solomon's wife's name?
5. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
6. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) Kievan Russia.
(b) The Christian Russian Empire.
(d) The Russian kingdom.
7. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
8. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
(b) Stalin's rise to power.
(c) The final defeat of the "White" army.
(d) Lenin's death.
9. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1985.
(b) October 1987.
(c) October 1988.
(d) October 1986.
10. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His sons.
(b) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
(c) KGB agents.
(d) His wife alone.
11. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) How to bolster their respective army.
(b) Howe to launch a man in space.
(c) How to improve economy.
(d) How to conquer the world.
12. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Scandinavian Russ.
(b) The Manchourian Emperor.
(c) The Georgian King.
(d) The Pope.
13. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) The 1980s.
14. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he brought money.
(b) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(c) That he would write a book about them.
(d) That their visitor was Potok.
15. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(a) Water birth.
(c) By C-section.
(d) By forceps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
2. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
3. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
4. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
5. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)