|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) Stalin's rise to power.
(b) The final defeat of the "White" army.
(c) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
(d) Lenin's death.
2. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) The Christian Russian Empire.
(c) Kievan Russia.
(d) The Russian kingdom.
3. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
4. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Mark Standal.
(b) Igor Stenko.
(c) Joseph Marks.
(d) Owen Laster.
5. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(b) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
6. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
7. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their son.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their mother in law.
8. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(a) By forceps.
(b) By C-section.
(c) Water birth.
9. What was Solomon's wife's name?
10. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 20 millions.
(b) 25 millions.
(c) 10 millions.
(d) 15 millions.
11. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
12. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) His child was sick.
(b) His mother died.
(c) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
(d) He was recall for a promotion.
13. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A train.
(b) A car.
(c) A boat.
(d) A plane.
14. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
15. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
(a) Yury Andropov.
(b) Igor Stenko.
(d) Gregory Zarkhin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
2. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
3. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
4. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
5. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)