Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) After the end of WWII.
(b) After 1964.
(c) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
(d) Before 1920.
2. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(a) Water birth.
(b) By forceps.
(c) By C-section.
3. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
4. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) How to bolster their respective army.
(b) Howe to launch a man in space.
(c) How to conquer the world.
(d) How to improve economy.
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(a) Yom Kippur.
(d) A Bar Mitzvah.
6. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
(a) The Chinese government.
(b) Franciscan monks.
(c) Taoist monks.
(d) Russian Jews.
7. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
8. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
(a) Yang Ze Min.
(d) Sun Yat-sen.
9. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A boat.
(b) A plane.
(c) A train.
(d) A car.
10. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(b) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
11. When did Solomon leave Tass?
12. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
(a) Markus Trenko.
(b) Gregory Zarkhin.
(c) Igor Stravinsky.
(d) Gregory Alexeyev.
13. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
14. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
15. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
(b) Lenin's death.
(c) Stalin's rise to power.
(d) The final defeat of the "White" army.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Voitinsky go to China?
2. When did Solomon come to the United States?
3. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
4. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
5. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)