|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a rabbi.
(b) Become a physician.
(c) Become a dentist.
(d) Become a soldier.
2. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
3. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Georgian King.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Manchourian Emperor.
(d) The Scandinavian Russ.
4. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
5. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
(a) The transportation system was in place for agents to move freely.
(b) Literacy was at its highest.
(c) The world's armies were depleted.
(d) The world's governments were weakened.
6. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The door.
(b) The clock.
(c) The TV.
(d) The window.
7. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he brought money.
(b) That their visitor was Potok.
(c) That he would write a book about them.
(d) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
8. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) The Christian Russian Empire.
(b) The Russian kingdom.
(d) Kievan Russia.
9. When did Solomon leave Tass?
10. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
11. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
12. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(b) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(c) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(d) That Potok was a KGB agent.
13. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
14. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their son.
(d) Their mother in law.
15. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
(a) 8th century.
(b) 10th century.
(c) 7th century.
(d) 6th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
2. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
3. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
4. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
5. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)