|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their son.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their daughter.
(d) Their mother in law.
2. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(a) An exit visa.
(c) Military service.
3. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
(a) Sakhalin Island.
4. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
5. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(a) The Afganistan war.
(d) Their respective family history.
6. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
7. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(b) European tribes.
(c) Asian tribes.
(d) Spanish tribes.
8. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
(a) Close to 20,000.
(b) Close to 10,000.
(c) Close to 30,000.
(d) Close to 40,000.
9. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because of the tuition cost.
(b) Because the school was too far.
(c) Because his grades were too low.
(d) Because of the quota system.
10. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) How to improve economy.
(b) How to bolster their respective army.
(c) Howe to launch a man in space.
(d) How to conquer the world.
11. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) Street lights were abundant.
(b) To save the battery.
(c) Bulbs were in short supply.
(d) For security reasons.
12. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
(a) Gregory Zarkhin.
(b) Yury Andropov.
(d) Igor Stenko.
13. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Inquisition.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Middle Ages.
14. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 2 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 0.9 million.
15. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
2. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
3. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
4. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
5. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)