Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Intro and Prologue
1. What does "The Gates of November" say who about two generations according to the Intro?
2. What happened to Jews in the Common Era?
3. How did Russians view the Jews?
4. How many Jews lived in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
5. What effect did Russia have on the author's own life?
6. When does the Prologue open and where was the author and his wife?
7. What did Slepak ask of his visitors when...
This section contains 644 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)