|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(a) Give gifts.
(d) Speak Hebrew.
2. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
3. What prompted Masha to decide she had had enough of the USSR?
(a) Her being locked in her apartment by the KGB.
(b) Not being able to call Israel.
(c) Not having enough food.
(d) Not having her visa yet.
4. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
5. When did Masha return to medical school?
(a) After Volodya got a well paying job.
(b) After the birth of Sanya.
(c) After her mother passed away.
(d) After her 30th birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Jewish holiday coincided with Stalin's death?
2. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
3. What job did Masha have in the early 1960s?
4. When did Volodya and a group of others protest against their treatment by the Soviet Union?
5. Where was Volodya working in September 1971?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)