|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Masha born?
(a) December 7, 1926.
(b) November 9, 1926.
(c) November 7, 1927.
(d) November 7, 1926.
2. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A bag.
(d) A son.
3. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
(a) He had a poor school record.
(b) He was not a Communist party member.
(c) He failed to get his diploma.
(d) He was a Jew.
4. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
5. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their mother in law.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Jewish holiday coincided with Stalin's death?
2. Why did Volodya and his wife ask for a new place to stay?
3. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
4. Where was Volodya working in September 1971?
5. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)