|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Volodya and the others stage their protest?
(a) The UN building.
(b) The Kremelin.
(c) The presidium.
(d) The US Embassy.
2. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(b) An exit visa.
(c) Military service.
3. What relationship did Solomon have with his son in the 1970s?
(a) He cut ties with him.
(b) They talked every other week.
(c) They were tense, but cordial.
(d) They were close.
4. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(c) Their respective family history.
(d) The Afganistan war.
5. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
(a) As demons.
(b) As heretics.
(c) As bad merchants.
(d) As angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
2. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
3. How many countries were represented in the second Congress of the Comintern?
4. What did Leonid bring to his parents?
5. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)