|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1980s.
2. What was a result of Volodya's arrest and jail time?
(a) He started having contact with the foreign press.
(b) He made friend of political dissidents.
(c) He repudiated his father.
(d) He stopped applying for a visa.
3. When was Sanya Slepak offered an exit visa?
4. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(a) Speak Hebrew.
(d) Give gifts.
5. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Igor Stenko.
(b) Mark Standal.
(c) Owen Laster.
(d) Joseph Marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
2. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
3. What job did Volodya take in the boiler room?
4. Who went to Leonid's school to try to put pressure on Volodya and his wife?
5. How long did Volodya wait before reapplying for a visa?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)