|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Volodya arrive in Moscow from exile?
(a) December 6, 1982.
(b) December 5, 1982.
(c) December 4, 1982.
(d) December 8, 1982.
2. What did the Six Days War convince the Slepaks of?
(a) Israel could maintain power over their enemies.
(b) Israel had a better army than the USSR.
(c) Israel needed radar technology.
(d) That the USSR was weak.
3. What was the name of the town where Volodya was exiled?
4. How low did the temperature drop during Volodya's exile?
(a) -50 F.
(b) -80 F.
(c) -40 F.
(d) -30 F.
5. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) European tribes.
(b) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(c) Spanish tribes.
(d) Asian tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Solomon's health problem?
2. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
3. How long did Masha spend in Moscow during the first year of exile?
4. What job did Masha have in the early 1960s?
5. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)