|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Leonid hiding from Soviet authorities?
(a) He refused to convert.
(b) He refused to be drafted.
(c) He refused to go to school.
(d) He refused to carry his Communist party card.
2. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 0.9 million.
(d) 2 million.
3. Where was Volodya sent to for his exile?
(b) East Germany.
4. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a soldier.
(b) Become a rabbi.
(c) Become a dentist.
(d) Become a physician.
5. How long was Volodya told he had to wait before reapplying for a visa after being refused one?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose exit visa was approved in April 1979?
2. What Jewish holiday coincided with Stalin's death?
3. When did the weather begin to get colder in exile?
4. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
5. What relationship did Solomon have with his son in the 1970s?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)