|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to make a statement about Volodya's wish to leave the Soviet Union?
(b) His employer.
(c) His mother.
(d) His friends.
2. What did Volodya borrow money against in Chapter 8?
(a) His house in Moscow.
(b) His life.
(c) His future earnings.
(d) His furniture.
3. How did Volodya earn the respect of his fellow prisoners?
(a) He shared his food.
(b) He worked hard.
(c) He was rich.
(d) Because of his crimes and his chess playing.
4. Where did Potok meet Volodya and Masha in 1995?
(c) New York
5. When did Masha and Volodya marry?
(a) May 7, 1951.
(b) June 7, 1952.
(c) June 9, 1951.
(d) June 7, 1951.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Solomon in the 1970s?
2. Why was the letter sent from pretend relatives in Israel not used?
3. What were some of the refuseniks accused of being?
4. How long was Volodya's exile sentence?
5. How far from Moscow was Volodya's place of exile?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)