|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Volodya wait before reapplying for a visa?
(a) He never reapplied.
(b) 2 years.
(c) He continually applied.
(d) 5 years.
2. Why did Volodya and his wife ask for a new place to stay?
(a) Masha found the place too small.
(b) She didn't like the landlord.
(c) Masha did not think the house was safe.
(d) They were sharing it with another exilee.
3. What was the first job Volodya found at the village?
(a) At the post office.
(b) At the telegraph company.
(c) At the granary.
(d) In a farm.
4. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because his grades were too low.
(b) Because of the quota system.
(c) Because of the tuition cost.
(d) Because the school was too far.
5. What was Noya Drapkin husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
2. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
3. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
4. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
5. When was Masha warned the second time about actions to be taken against the Russian Jews?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)