|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Third century before the Common Era.
(b) First century before the Common Era.
(c) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(d) Second century before the Common Era.
2. What did Volodya and Masha live on after her retirement?
(a) Money from the United States.
(b) Money from relatives.
(c) Money from their savings.
(d) Her pension and money from those who supported refuseniks.
3. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(a) By C-section.
(c) By forceps.
(d) Water birth.
4. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
5. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the government start attacking the refuseniks?
2. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
3. What job did Volodya find after being fired in September 1971?
4. What was safer than having a large group of friends?
5. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)