|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to make a statement about Volodya's wish to leave the Soviet Union?
(a) His friends.
(b) His employer.
(d) His mother.
2. How did Volodya earn the respect of his fellow prisoners?
(a) He worked hard.
(b) He was rich.
(c) He shared his food.
(d) Because of his crimes and his chess playing.
3. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a train driver or leave the house.
(b) Become a dentist or leave the house.
(c) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(d) Become a soldier or leave the house.
4. When did Solomon leave Tass?
5. How did the Communist authorities prevent Russians from listening to news from the West?
(a) They prevented large emissions tower from being put next to their borders.
(b) They didn't allow personal radios.
(c) The radios were limited to Russians frequencies.
(d) They scrambled frequencies used by the West.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Masha apply for and was granted after Solomon's death?
2. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
3. What did Solomon offer Sanya when he visited him before leaving USSR?
4. What overrode the fear of the Jewish scientists meeting in secret?
5. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)