|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
(b) It was easier to write in Japanese.
(c) So it didn't sound Jewish.
(d) He wanted a fresh start.
2. What was Masha's sentence after being arrested?
(a) 5 years exile.
(b) She was sentenced to 10 years in prison.
(c) She was found not guilty.
(d) It was suspended.
3. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
(a) Visa seekers were seen as enemies of the government.
(b) Visa seekers lost their jobs.
(c) Visa seekers could not work for the government.
(d) Visa seekers lost their pension.
4. What prompted Masha to decide she had had enough of the USSR?
(a) Not having her visa yet.
(b) Her being locked in her apartment by the KGB.
(c) Not having enough food.
(d) Not being able to call Israel.
5. When did Volodya arrive in Moscow from exile?
(a) December 4, 1982.
(b) December 5, 1982.
(c) December 8, 1982.
(d) December 6, 1982.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya do when he arrived at his place of exile?
2. What was the name of boat Volodya and Masha vacationed on?
3. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
4. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
5. What did Solomon offer Sanya when he visited him before leaving USSR?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)