|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompted Volodya's firing from his job in September of 1971?
(a) A visit from the NKVD.
(b) A visit from a political officer.
(c) A visit from the Party official.
(d) A visit from the KGB.
2. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) Lenin's death.
(b) The final defeat of the "White" army.
(c) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
(d) Stalin's rise to power.
3. What job did Volodya take in the boiler room?
(a) Plan manager.
(c) Coal hauler.
(d) Maintenance technician.
4. How long did Masha spend in Moscow during the first year of exile?
(a) 4 and a half months.
(b) 2 and a half months.
(c) 1 and a half months.
(d) 3 and a half months.
5. When did Masha decide that she had had enough of the USSR?
(a) June 1979.
(b) June 1982.
(c) June 1977.
(d) June 1978.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was taken out of textbooks according to Masha?
2. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
3. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
4. How long was Volodya's jail sentence?
5. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)