|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
(a) Literacy was at its highest.
(b) The transportation system was in place for agents to move freely.
(c) The world's governments were weakened.
(d) The world's armies were depleted.
2. What was Volodya allowed to do following his father's death?
(a) Come back for the funeral.
(b) Send a letter.
(c) Call his wife.
(d) Go to the Synagogue.
3. What job did Volodya take in the boiler room?
(a) Maintenance technician.
(c) Plan manager.
(d) Coal hauler.
4. Where was Volodya working in September 1971?
(a) Institute of Radio and Television.
(b) Institute of Organic Chemistry at the Academy of Sciences.
(c) Institute of Radar Telemetry.
(d) Institute of Avionic Design.
5. Why did Volodya leave his job after he decided to emigrate?
(a) He needed a recommandation from his employer.
(b) He was fired.
(c) He wanted to focus on his application.
(d) He needed to leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
2. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
3. When was Sanya Slepak offered an exit visa?
4. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
5. What overrode the fear of the Jewish scientists meeting in secret?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)