|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Noya Drapkin want to emigrate to?
(b) South Africa.
2. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(b) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(c) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
3. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
(a) A bag.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A son.
4. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) Kievan Russia.
(b) The Russian kingdom.
(c) The Christian Russian Empire.
5. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) Before 1920.
(b) After 1964.
(c) After the end of WWII.
(d) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
2. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
3. How long was Volodya told he had to wait before reapplying for a visa after being refused one?
4. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
5. How long was Volodya's jail sentence?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)