|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Volodya's shift?
(a) 12 hours work then 36 hours rest.
(b) 18 hours work then 74 hours rest.
(c) 24 hours work then 48 hours rest.
(d) 8 hours work then 16 hours rest.
2. What did Volodya learn Solomon knew and refused to talk about later on?
(a) That Volodya's name was on a deportation list.
(b) That his mother died in childbirth.
(c) That he wanted to remarry.
(d) That he was not Jewish.
3. Where did Noya Drapkin want to emigrate to?
(c) South Africa.
4. Where did Volodya's mother-in-law live after leaving the USSR?
(d) New York.
5. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
2. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
4. Why did Volodya and his wife ask for a new place to stay?
5. Where did Volodya and the others stage their protest?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)