|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was taken out of textbooks according to Masha?
(a) American names.
(b) Jewish names.
(c) Foreign sounding names.
(d) Pictures of Stalin.
2. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
(b) Yury Andropov.
(c) Gregory Zarkhin.
(d) Igor Stenko.
3. When did Volodya's mother in law receive her visa?
4. Where was Volodya sent to for his exile?
(c) East Germany.
5. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya and his wife decide to do to try to get a visa?
2. How many others signed the letter to the UN asking for the right to emigrate to Israel?
3. When did Solomon die?
4. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
5. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)