|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Solomon come to the United States?
2. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That their visitor was Potok.
(b) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(c) That he would write a book about them.
(d) That he brought money.
3. How low did the temperature drop during Volodya's exile?
(a) -40 F.
(b) -80 F.
(c) -50 F.
(d) -30 F.
4. How long before the search did Volodya sign a letter to the UN asking for the right to emigrate to Israel?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 15 days.
5. Why did Volodya and his wife ask for a new place to stay?
(a) She didn't like the landlord.
(b) Masha found the place too small.
(c) They were sharing it with another exilee.
(d) Masha did not think the house was safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
2. What did Sanya learn on the radio in 1978?
3. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
4. What did the Six Days War convince the Slepaks of?
5. What was the name of the town where Volodya was exiled?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)