|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Volodya and his wife ask for a new place to stay?
(a) Masha did not think the house was safe.
(b) They were sharing it with another exilee.
(c) She didn't like the landlord.
(d) Masha found the place too small.
2. What did Solomon offer Sanya when he visited him before leaving USSR?
(a) A new jacket.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) Good luck.
(d) A Communist medal.
3. What was the name of the town where Volodya was exiled?
4. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
(a) Igor Stenko.
(b) Gregory Zarkhin.
(c) Yury Andropov.
5. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Volodya arrive in Moscow from exile?
2. When did Volodya and a group of others protest against their treatment by the Soviet Union?
3. How did Volodya return to his exile with his wife in September 1978?
4. When was Volodya born?
5. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)