|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Volodya's mother-in-law die?
2. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(b) That he would write a book about them.
(c) That he brought money.
(d) That their visitor was Potok.
3. What did Volodya do when he arrived at his place of exile?
(a) He tried to escape.
(b) He learned how to ice fish.
(c) He contacted his wife to tell her he was alive.
(d) He found a place to live.
4. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
5. When did the first conference of World Jewry take place?
(a) February 23, 1973.
(b) February 23, 1971.
(c) February 23, 1974.
(d) February 23, 1972.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya borrow money against in Chapter 8?
2. What was the main focus of the first conference of World Jewry?
3. How often did Masha return to Moscow during the exile?
4. What did Leonid bring to his parents?
5. When did Volodya's mother in law receive her visa?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)