|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Volodya earn the respect of his fellow prisoners?
(a) Because of his crimes and his chess playing.
(b) He shared his food.
(c) He worked hard.
(d) He was rich.
2. What job did Masha have in the early 1960s?
(b) Lab technician.
(c) Family doctor.
3. What did Solomon say of the mistakes made by Stalin?
(a) That the party would correct them.
(b) That they were few and small.
(c) That they were permanent.
(d) That they non-existant.
4. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a rabbi.
(b) Become a soldier.
(c) Become a physician.
(d) Become a dentist.
5. How old was Sanya Slepak when he got his exit visa?
Short Answer Questions
1. How low did the temperature drop during Volodya's exile?
2. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
3. What did Volodya and his wife think prevented them from getting a visa?
4. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
5. What were refuseniks in Soviet Russia?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)