|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya and Masha live on after her retirement?
(a) Money from the United States.
(b) Money from their savings.
(c) Her pension and money from those who supported refuseniks.
(d) Money from relatives.
2. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because of the tuition cost.
(b) Because of the quota system.
(c) Because the school was too far.
(d) Because his grades were too low.
3. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
(a) He was a Jew.
(b) He was not a Communist party member.
(c) He had a poor school record.
(d) He failed to get his diploma.
4. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(b) Kievan Russia.
(c) The Christian Russian Empire.
(d) The Russian kingdom.
5. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Second century before the Common Era.
(b) First century before the Common Era.
(c) Third century before the Common Era.
(d) Fourth century before the Common Era.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
2. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
3. How many others signed the letter to the UN asking for the right to emigrate to Israel?
4. What was Volodya allowed to do following his father's death?
5. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)