|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
(a) Let us go to our son in Israel.
(b) Let us leave the USSR.
(c) Let us have hot water.
(d) Let us go to Synagogue.
2. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(b) Third century before the Common Era.
(c) First century before the Common Era.
(d) Second century before the Common Era.
3. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
(a) He was a Jew.
(b) He failed to get his diploma.
(c) He was not a Communist party member.
(d) He had a poor school record.
4. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(b) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(d) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
5. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
2. How long did Masha spend in Moscow during the first year of exile?
3. How long was Volodya's jail sentence?
4. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
5. When did the government start attacking the refuseniks?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)