|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
(a) Visa seekers lost their pension.
(b) Visa seekers could not work for the government.
(c) Visa seekers lost their jobs.
(d) Visa seekers were seen as enemies of the government.
2. What did Solomon stay dedicated to?
(c) His family.
(d) The Communist party.
3. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
(a) He had a poor school record.
(b) He failed to get his diploma.
(c) He was not a Communist party member.
(d) He was a Jew.
4. When was Volodya born?
(a) October 29, 1927.
(b) September 29, 1927.
(c) October 12, 1927.
(d) October 29, 1928.
5. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overrode the fear of the Jewish scientists meeting in secret?
2. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
3. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
4. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
5. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)