|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
2. Why was Leonid hiding from Soviet authorities?
(a) He refused to be drafted.
(b) He refused to carry his Communist party card.
(c) He refused to convert.
(d) He refused to go to school.
3. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(d) Armenia and Georgia.
4. Why was Masha arrested in 1951?
(a) Under the charge that she didn't have a Communist party card.
(b) Under the charge that she was using drugs.
(c) Under the charge that she was a spy.
(d) Under the charge that she possessed a concealed weapon.
5. What was Solomon surrounded by during his retirement?
(c) Books and paper.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Communist authorities prevent Russians from listening to news from the West?
2. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
3. When was Volodya born?
4. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
5. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)