|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Solomon surrounded by during his retirement?
(a) His family.
(c) Books and paper.
2. How long was Volodya's exile sentence?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. How long was Volodya told he had to wait before reapplying for a visa after being refused one?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1980s.
(d) The 1950s.
5. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Igor Stenko.
(b) Mark Standal.
(c) Owen Laster.
(d) Joseph Marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
2. How old was Sanya Slepak when he got his exit visa?
3. What Jewish holiday coincided with Stalin's death?
4. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
5. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)