|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far from Moscow was Volodya's place of exile?
(a) 5,000 miles.
(b) 2,000 miles.
(c) 15,000 miles.
(d) 3,000 miles.
2. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) His child was sick.
(b) He was recall for a promotion.
(c) His mother died.
(d) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
3. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
4. What were refuseniks in Soviet Russia?
(a) People who refused to take their Communist party card.
(b) Dissidents who refused to join the army.
(c) People who refused to accept the end of the USSR.
(d) Dissidents whose visas were always refused.
5. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sanya first emigrate to?
2. What was the name of the town where Volodya was exiled?
3. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
4. When did Masha and Volodya obtain their exit visa?
5. What was Noya Drapkin husband's name?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)