|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya and his wife decide to do to try to get a visa?
(a) Obtain a divorce.
(b) Try to cross the border illegally.
(c) Try to hijack a plane.
(d) Try to flee to the US consulate.
2. When did the government start attacking the refuseniks?
(a) March 1965.
(b) March 1979.
(c) March 1977.
(d) March 1978.
3. What did Solomon say of the mistakes made by Stalin?
(a) That they were permanent.
(b) That they non-existant.
(c) That the party would correct them.
(d) That they were few and small.
4. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
(a) Let us leave the USSR.
(b) Let us go to Synagogue.
(c) Let us go to our son in Israel.
(d) Let us have hot water.
5. How did Volodya earn the respect of his fellow prisoners?
(a) He shared his food.
(b) Because of his crimes and his chess playing.
(c) He was rich.
(d) He worked hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
2. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
3. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
4. What was the name of boat Volodya and Masha vacationed on?
5. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)