|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
(a) Visa seekers lost their pension.
(b) Visa seekers lost their jobs.
(c) Visa seekers were seen as enemies of the government.
(d) Visa seekers could not work for the government.
2. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because of the tuition cost.
(b) Because of the quota system.
(c) Because the school was too far.
(d) Because his grades were too low.
3. What Jewish holiday coincided with Stalin's death?
(c) Yom Kippur.
4. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
5. When did Stalin have his personal physician arrested?
(a) November 1951.
(b) November 1954.
(c) November 1953.
(d) November 1952.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Solomon's wife's name?
2. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
3. How long was Khrushchev's speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
4. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
5. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)