|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya learn Solomon knew and refused to talk about later on?
(a) That his mother died in childbirth.
(b) That he was not Jewish.
(c) That Volodya's name was on a deportation list.
(d) That he wanted to remarry.
2. Who refused to make a statement about Volodya's wish to leave the Soviet Union?
(b) His friends.
(c) His mother.
(d) His employer.
3. What was taken out of textbooks according to Masha?
(a) Pictures of Stalin.
(b) Jewish names.
(c) Foreign sounding names.
(d) American names.
4. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
(a) Visa seekers were seen as enemies of the government.
(b) Visa seekers lost their pension.
(c) Visa seekers lost their jobs.
(d) Visa seekers could not work for the government.
5. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
2. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
3. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
4. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
5. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)