|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The clock.
(b) The door.
(c) The TV.
(d) The window.
2. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their son.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their daughter.
(d) Their mother in law.
3. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
4. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) After 1964.
(b) Before 1920.
(c) After the end of WWII.
(d) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
5. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
(b) So it didn't sound Jewish.
(c) It was easier to write in Japanese.
(d) He wanted a fresh start.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Khrushchev deliver his speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
2. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
3. What did Volodya learn Solomon knew and refused to talk about later on?
4. When did Yiddish books start appearing on the Russian market?
5. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)