|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
(a) His father.
(b) His older brother.
(c) His nanny.
(d) His mother.
2. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) The final defeat of the "White" army.
(b) Stalin's rise to power.
(c) Lenin's death.
(d) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
3. Who went to Leonid's school to try to put pressure on Volodya and his wife?
(a) The local police.
(b) The NKVD.
(c) The KGB.
(d) The military police.
4. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
(a) He was a Jew.
(b) He failed to get his diploma.
(c) He was not a Communist party member.
(d) He had a poor school record.
5. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
(a) The arrest of hundreds of innocent peoples.
(b) Killing innocent people.
(c) Him being jailed.
(d) Stalin staying in power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
2. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
3. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
4. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
5. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)