|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(b) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(c) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
2. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) Howe to launch a man in space.
(b) How to bolster their respective army.
(c) How to improve economy.
(d) How to conquer the world.
3. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) It was easier to write in Japanese.
(b) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
(c) He wanted a fresh start.
(d) So it didn't sound Jewish.
4. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) Before 1920.
(b) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
(c) After 1964.
(d) After the end of WWII.
5. When was Leonid Slepak born?
(a) April 1960.
(b) April 1959.
(c) May 1959.
(d) May 1960.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
2. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
3. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
4. How did the Communist authorities prevent Russians from listening to news from the West?
5. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)