|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
(a) His older brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His nanny.
(d) His father.
2. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
(a) Sun Yat-sen.
(b) Yang Ze Min.
3. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
4. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(a) Give gifts.
(d) Speak Hebrew.
5. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 5 million.
(b) 0.9 million.
(c) 2 million.
(d) 3 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Communist authorities prevent Russians from listening to news from the West?
2. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
3. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
4. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
5. When did Stalin have his personal physician arrested?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)