|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
(a) Visa seekers could not work for the government.
(b) Visa seekers lost their jobs.
(c) Visa seekers were seen as enemies of the government.
(d) Visa seekers lost their pension.
2. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
(a) 6th century.
(b) 10th century.
(c) 8th century.
(d) 7th century.
3. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
4. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(b) Give gifts.
(d) Speak Hebrew.
5. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) Russian prosecution.
(b) The creation of the Jewish state.
(c) The Armenian genocide.
(d) The French Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
2. Why was the letter sent from pretend relatives in Israel not used?
3. When was Volodya born?
4. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
5. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)