|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Jewish holiday coincided with Stalin's death?
(d) Yom Kippur.
2. When did Solomon come to the United States?
3. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) Street lights were abundant.
(b) For security reasons.
(c) Bulbs were in short supply.
(d) To save the battery.
4. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(b) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(c) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(d) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
5. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 25 millions.
(b) 15 millions.
(c) 10 millions.
(d) 20 millions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
2. When did Masha return to medical school?
3. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
4. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
5. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)