|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(a) Their respective family history.
(b) The Afganistan war.
2. Where did Noya Drapkin want to emigrate to?
(b) South Africa.
3. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) First century before the Common Era.
(b) Third century before the Common Era.
(c) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(d) Second century before the Common Era.
4. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
(b) KGB agents.
(c) His wife alone.
(d) His sons.
5. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
(a) That he was thinking of joining the army.
(b) That he would never join the Communist party.
(c) That he didn't like Stalin.
(d) That he wanted to marry a non-Jewish woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
2. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
3. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
4. When was Leonid Slepak born?
5. When did Voitinsky go to China?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)