|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(b) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
2. When did Khrushchev deliver his speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
3. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
(a) That he wanted to marry a non-Jewish woman.
(b) That he was thinking of joining the army.
(c) That he would never join the Communist party.
(d) That he didn't like Stalin.
4. When did Solomon come to the United States?
5. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
2. How long was Khrushchev's speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
3. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
4. What was Solomon's wife's name?
5. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)