|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 0.9 million.
(b) 3 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 2 million.
3. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
(a) They forbade Bar Mitzvahs.
(b) It closed synagogues.
(c) They prevented them from owning property.
(d) They forbade them from speaking Hebrew.
4. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
(a) The Chinese government.
(b) Taoist monks.
(c) Franciscan monks.
(d) Russian Jews.
5. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) The creation of the Jewish state.
(b) The Armenian genocide.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) Russian prosecution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
2. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
3. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
4. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
5. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)