|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
(a) They forbade them from speaking Hebrew.
(b) They forbade Bar Mitzvahs.
(c) They prevented them from owning property.
(d) It closed synagogues.
2. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A car.
(b) A plane.
(c) A boat.
(d) A train.
3. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(b) Give gifts.
(c) Speak Hebrew.
4. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
5. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(b) Kievan Russia.
(c) The Russian kingdom.
(d) The Christian Russian Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
2. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
3. When was Volodya born?
4. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
5. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)