|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
(a) His mother.
(b) His nanny.
(c) His older brother.
(d) His father.
2. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) European tribes.
(b) Spanish tribes.
(c) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(d) Asian tribes.
3. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(a) Military service.
(d) An exit visa.
4. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
(a) Sun Yat-sen.
(c) Yang Ze Min.
5. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) After 1964.
(b) After the end of WWII.
(c) Before 1920.
(d) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
2. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
3. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
4. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
5. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)