|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
2. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1988.
(b) October 1986.
(c) October 1987.
(d) October 1985.
3. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
4. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a soldier or leave the house.
(b) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(c) Become a dentist or leave the house.
(d) Become a train driver or leave the house.
5. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their mother in law.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their son.
(d) Their aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
2. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
3. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
5. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)