|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
(b) Sakhalin Island.
2. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he brought money.
(b) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(c) That he would write a book about them.
(d) That their visitor was Potok.
3. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(b) European tribes.
(c) Spanish tribes.
(d) Asian tribes.
4. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Georgian King.
(c) The Manchourian Emperor.
(d) The Scandinavian Russ.
5. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
2. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
3. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
4. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
5. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)