|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
(a) It closed synagogues.
(b) They forbade Bar Mitzvahs.
(c) They prevented them from owning property.
(d) They forbade them from speaking Hebrew.
2. When did Solomon come to the United States?
3. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) After the end of WWII.
(b) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
(c) After 1964.
(d) Before 1920.
4. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(c) Yom Kippur.
(d) A Bar Mitzvah.
5. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
2. When was Volodya born?
3. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
4. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
5. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)