|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Volodya born?
(a) September 29, 1927.
(b) October 29, 1927.
(c) October 12, 1927.
(d) October 29, 1928.
2. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
4. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) The final defeat of the "White" army.
(b) Lenin's death.
(c) Stalin's rise to power.
(d) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
5. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Third century before the Common Era.
(b) Second century before the Common Era.
(c) First century before the Common Era.
(d) Fourth century before the Common Era.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
2. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
3. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
4. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)