|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(a) Give gifts.
(d) Speak Hebrew.
2. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
(a) Gregory Zarkhin.
(b) Igor Stenko.
(d) Yury Andropov.
3. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(b) Kievan Russia.
(c) The Christian Russian Empire.
(d) The Russian kingdom.
4. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
5. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(b) Armenia and Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
2. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
3. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
4. When did Voitinsky go to China?
5. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)