|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
2. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
3. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a train driver or leave the house.
(b) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(c) Become a dentist or leave the house.
(d) Become a soldier or leave the house.
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) Bulbs were in short supply.
(b) Street lights were abundant.
(c) For security reasons.
(d) To save the battery.
5. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
2. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
3. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
4. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
5. When did Solomon come to the United States?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)