|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 25 millions.
(b) 10 millions.
(c) 20 millions.
(d) 15 millions.
2. When was Volodya born?
(a) October 29, 1928.
(b) October 29, 1927.
(c) October 12, 1927.
(d) September 29, 1927.
3. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
4. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(a) New York.
5. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) So it didn't sound Jewish.
(b) It was easier to write in Japanese.
(c) He wanted a fresh start.
(d) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
2. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
3. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
4. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
5. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)