|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
(a) Igor Stravinsky.
(b) Gregory Zarkhin.
(c) Markus Trenko.
(d) Gregory Alexeyev.
2. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
3. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
4. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
(a) Close to 30,000.
(b) Close to 10,000.
(c) Close to 40,000.
(d) Close to 20,000.
5. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because of the tuition cost.
(b) Because his grades were too low.
(c) Because of the quota system.
(d) Because the school was too far.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
2. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
3. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
4. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
5. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)