|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Solomon leave Tass?
2. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their son.
(c) Their mother in law.
(d) Their aunt.
3. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(a) Yom Kippur.
(d) A Bar Mitzvah.
4. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
(a) Close to 10,000.
(b) Close to 40,000.
(c) Close to 20,000.
(d) Close to 30,000.
5. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) His mother died.
(b) He was recall for a promotion.
(c) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
(d) His child was sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
2. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
3. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
5. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)