|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
(a) Franciscan monks.
(b) Taoist monks.
(c) The Chinese government.
(d) Russian Jews.
2. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
3. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
(a) The world's armies were depleted.
(b) The transportation system was in place for agents to move freely.
(c) The world's governments were weakened.
(d) Literacy was at its highest.
4. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
5. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(b) First century before the Common Era.
(c) Third century before the Common Era.
(d) Second century before the Common Era.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
2. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
3. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
4. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
5. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)