|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Voitinsky go to China?
2. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Asian tribes.
(b) European tribes.
(c) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(d) Spanish tribes.
3. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) Stalin's rise to power.
(b) Lenin's death.
(c) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
(d) The final defeat of the "White" army.
4. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
(a) As angels.
(b) As demons.
(c) As bad merchants.
(d) As heretics.
5. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A boat.
(b) A plane.
(c) A train.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
2. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
3. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
4. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
5. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)