|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
(a) The world's governments were weakened.
(b) The transportation system was in place for agents to move freely.
(c) The world's armies were depleted.
(d) Literacy was at its highest.
2. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(b) By forceps.
(c) By C-section.
(d) Water birth.
3. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) Bulbs were in short supply.
(b) To save the battery.
(c) For security reasons.
(d) Street lights were abundant.
4. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Inquisition.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) The Renaissance.
5. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
2. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
3. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
4. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
5. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)