|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(a) Their respective family history.
(d) The Afganistan war.
2. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
3. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
4. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
5. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(b) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(c) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(d) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
2. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
3. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
4. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
5. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)