|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 25 millions.
(b) 20 millions.
(c) 10 millions.
(d) 15 millions.
2. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
(a) As demons.
(b) As bad merchants.
(c) As angels.
(d) As heretics.
3. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(b) Third century before the Common Era.
(c) Second century before the Common Era.
(d) First century before the Common Era.
4. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because the school was too far.
(b) Because of the tuition cost.
(c) Because of the quota system.
(d) Because his grades were too low.
5. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
2. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
3. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
4. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
5. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)