|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(b) Third century before the Common Era.
(c) Second century before the Common Era.
(d) First century before the Common Era.
2. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
3. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
(c) Yang Ze Min.
(d) Sun Yat-sen.
4. When did Voitinsky go to China?
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(a) A Bar Mitzvah.
(d) Yom Kippur.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
2. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
4. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
5. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)