|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(b) Become a dentist or leave the house.
(c) Become a train driver or leave the house.
(d) Become a soldier or leave the house.
2. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(d) Armenia and Georgia.
3. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 15 millions.
(b) 20 millions.
(c) 25 millions.
(d) 10 millions.
4. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
5. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(a) Military service.
(b) An exit visa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many countries were represented in the second Congress of the Comintern?
2. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
3. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
4. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
5. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)