|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) For security reasons.
(b) Street lights were abundant.
(c) To save the battery.
(d) Bulbs were in short supply.
2. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Spanish tribes.
(b) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(c) European tribes.
(d) Asian tribes.
3. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
4. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(b) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(c) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(d) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
5. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a physician.
(b) Become a rabbi.
(c) Become a soldier.
(d) Become a dentist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
2. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
3. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
4. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
5. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)