|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Owen Laster.
(b) Igor Stenko.
(c) Joseph Marks.
(d) Mark Standal.
2. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1987.
(b) October 1985.
(c) October 1986.
(d) October 1988.
3. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
4. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
5. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) Howe to launch a man in space.
(b) How to improve economy.
(c) How to conquer the world.
(d) How to bolster their respective army.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
2. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
3. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
5. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)