|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(d) New York.
2. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) His child was sick.
(b) His mother died.
(c) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
(d) He was recall for a promotion.
3. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
4. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(b) Yom Kippur.
(c) A Bar Mitzvah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
2. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
3. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
4. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
5. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)