|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a soldier or leave the house.
(b) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(c) Become a dentist or leave the house.
(d) Become a train driver or leave the house.
2. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
(a) As angels.
(b) As bad merchants.
(c) As heretics.
(d) As demons.
3. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
4. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their son.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their mother in law.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
2. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
3. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
4. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
5. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)