|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
(b) After the end of WWII.
(c) After 1964.
(d) Before 1920.
2. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(b) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(c) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(d) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
3. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he brought money.
(b) That he would write a book about them.
(c) That their visitor was Potok.
(d) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
4. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
5. When was Volodya born?
(a) September 29, 1927.
(b) October 29, 1927.
(c) October 29, 1928.
(d) October 12, 1927.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
2. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
3. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
4. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
5. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)