|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
2. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(b) Military service.
(c) An exit visa.
3. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(a) Give gifts.
(b) Speak Hebrew.
4. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) Howe to launch a man in space.
(b) How to conquer the world.
(c) How to improve economy.
(d) How to bolster their respective army.
5. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 2 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 0.9 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
2. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
3. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
4. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
5. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)