|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Solomon leave Tass?
2. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) European tribes.
(b) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(c) Spanish tribes.
(d) Asian tribes.
3. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) How to bolster their respective army.
(b) How to conquer the world.
(c) How to improve economy.
(d) Howe to launch a man in space.
4. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A train.
(d) A plane.
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(c) Yom Kippur.
(d) A Bar Mitzvah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
2. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
3. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
4. When did Solomon come to the United States?
5. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)