|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
2. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1986.
(b) October 1985.
(c) October 1988.
(d) October 1987.
3. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Third century before the Common Era.
(b) Second century before the Common Era.
(c) First century before the Common Era.
(d) Fourth century before the Common Era.
4. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(b) Military service.
(c) An exit visa.
5. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Scandinavian Russ.
(b) The Georgian King.
(c) The Manchourian Emperor.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
2. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
3. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
4. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
5. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)