|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
2. When did Voitinsky go to China?
3. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Owen Laster.
(b) Mark Standal.
(c) Igor Stenko.
(d) Joseph Marks.
4. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
(a) Close to 40,000.
(b) Close to 30,000.
(c) Close to 20,000.
(d) Close to 10,000.
5. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
(a) Franciscan monks.
(b) The Chinese government.
(c) Taoist monks.
(d) Russian Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
2. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
3. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
4. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
5. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)