|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Volodya born?
(a) September 29, 1927.
(b) October 29, 1928.
(c) October 12, 1927.
(d) October 29, 1927.
2. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a physician.
(b) Become a soldier.
(c) Become a dentist.
(d) Become a rabbi.
3. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because his grades were too low.
(b) Because of the tuition cost.
(c) Because the school was too far.
(d) Because of the quota system.
4. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
5. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a dentist or leave the house.
(b) Become a train driver or leave the house.
(c) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(d) Become a soldier or leave the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
2. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
3. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
4. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
5. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)