|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
(a) As demons.
(b) As bad merchants.
(c) As heretics.
(d) As angels.
2. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1980s.
(d) The 1960s.
3. When was Volodya born?
(a) October 12, 1927.
(b) October 29, 1927.
(c) October 29, 1928.
(d) September 29, 1927.
4. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because of the quota system.
(b) Because of the tuition cost.
(c) Because the school was too far.
(d) Because his grades were too low.
5. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
2. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
3. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
4. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
5. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)