|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(b) The Afganistan war.
(c) Their respective family history.
2. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
(a) They forbade them from speaking Hebrew.
(b) They forbade Bar Mitzvahs.
(c) They prevented them from owning property.
(d) It closed synagogues.
3. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
(b) Sakhalin Island.
4. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a soldier.
(b) Become a physician.
(c) Become a rabbi.
(d) Become a dentist.
5. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) Kievan Russia.
(b) The Russian kingdom.
(d) The Christian Russian Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
2. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
4. When did Solomon come to the United States?
5. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)