|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(c) Armenia and Georgia.
2. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
3. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 5 million.
(b) 2 million.
(c) 3 million.
(d) 0.9 million.
4. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(b) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
5. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
(a) Russian Jews.
(b) Taoist monks.
(c) Franciscan monks.
(d) The Chinese government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
2. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
3. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
4. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
5. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)