|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their mother in law.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their son.
2. What was Solomon's wife's name?
3. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 25 millions.
(b) 10 millions.
(c) 20 millions.
(d) 15 millions.
4. When did Solomon come to the United States?
5. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
(a) It closed synagogues.
(b) They forbade Bar Mitzvahs.
(c) They prevented them from owning property.
(d) They forbade them from speaking Hebrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many countries were represented in the second Congress of the Comintern?
2. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
3. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
4. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
5. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)