|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
2. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
3. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
4. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) Russian prosecution.
(c) The creation of the Jewish state.
(d) The Armenian genocide.
5. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
(b) His mother died.
(c) He was recall for a promotion.
(d) His child was sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
2. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
4. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
5. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)