|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Asian tribes.
(b) European tribes.
(c) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(d) Spanish tribes.
2. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) Before 1920.
(b) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
(c) After 1964.
(d) After the end of WWII.
3. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
4. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1987.
(b) October 1988.
(c) October 1985.
(d) October 1986.
5. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A plane.
(b) A train.
(c) A car.
(d) A boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
2. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
3. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
4. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
5. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)