|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A plane.
(b) A train.
(c) A boat.
(d) A car.
2. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) Street lights were abundant.
(b) Bulbs were in short supply.
(c) For security reasons.
(d) To save the battery.
3. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(b) That their visitor was Potok.
(c) That he brought money.
(d) That he would write a book about them.
4. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
(a) 8th century.
(b) 6th century.
(c) 10th century.
(d) 7th century.
5. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1980s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1960s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
2. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
3. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
4. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
5. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)