|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A plane.
(b) A boat.
(c) A car.
(d) A train.
2. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 3 million.
(d) 0.9 million.
3. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Georgian King.
(c) The Manchourian Emperor.
(d) The Scandinavian Russ.
4. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) After 1964.
(b) Before 1920.
(c) After the end of WWII.
(d) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
5. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their son.
(b) Their mother in law.
(c) Their daughter.
(d) Their aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
2. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
3. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
4. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
5. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)