|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) To save the battery.
(b) Bulbs were in short supply.
(c) For security reasons.
(d) Street lights were abundant.
2. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(c) The Afganistan war.
(d) Their respective family history.
3. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Joseph Marks.
(b) Igor Stenko.
(c) Mark Standal.
(d) Owen Laster.
4. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
5. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 3 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 0.9 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
2. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
3. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
4. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
5. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)