|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their mother in law.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their son.
(d) Their daughter.
2. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
(a) As heretics.
(b) As angels.
(c) As demons.
(d) As bad merchants.
3. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(a) The Afganistan war.
(b) Their respective family history.
4. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1980s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) The 1960s.
5. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) The Inquisition.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
2. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
3. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
4. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
5. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)