|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he would write a book about them.
(b) That their visitor was Potok.
(c) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(d) That he brought money.
2. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) Russian prosecution.
(b) The creation of the Jewish state.
(c) The Armenian genocide.
(d) The French Revolution.
3. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Joseph Marks.
(b) Igor Stenko.
(c) Mark Standal.
(d) Owen Laster.
4. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 5 million.
(b) 0.9 million.
(c) 2 million.
(d) 3 million.
5. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
2. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
3. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
4. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
5. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)