|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
2. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) To save the battery.
(b) Street lights were abundant.
(c) For security reasons.
(d) Bulbs were in short supply.
3. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(a) Military service.
(d) An exit visa.
4. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
5. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
2. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
3. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
4. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
5. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)