|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
(b) KGB agents.
(c) His sons.
(d) His wife alone.
2. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1980s.
3. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1987.
(b) October 1985.
(c) October 1988.
(d) October 1986.
4. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Igor Stenko.
(b) Mark Standal.
(c) Owen Laster.
(d) Joseph Marks.
5. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
2. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
3. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
4. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
5. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)