|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1985.
(b) October 1987.
(c) October 1986.
(d) October 1988.
2. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A car.
(b) A plane.
(c) A boat.
(d) A train.
3. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) After 1964.
(b) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
(c) After the end of WWII.
(d) Before 1920.
4. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
5. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
2. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
3. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
4. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
5. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)