|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
2. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(b) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(c) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(d) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
3. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
4. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
(b) His sons.
(c) His wife alone.
(d) KGB agents.
5. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
2. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
3. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
4. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
5. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)