|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he would write a book about them.
(b) That their visitor was Potok.
(c) That he brought money.
(d) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
2. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
3. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
(b) His wife alone.
(c) His sons.
(d) KGB agents.
4. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
5. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1980s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
2. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
3. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
4. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
5. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)