|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Inquisition.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Middle Ages.
2. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The door.
(b) The window.
(c) The clock.
(d) The TV.
3. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(b) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(d) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
4. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their son.
(c) Their mother in law.
(d) Their aunt.
5. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
2. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
3. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
4. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
5. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)