|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(b) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(c) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
2. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
3. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The door.
(b) The TV.
(c) The window.
(d) The clock.
4. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1980s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1950s.
5. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
2. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
3. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
4. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
5. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)