|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
2. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he brought money.
(b) That their visitor was Potok.
(c) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(d) That he would write a book about them.
3. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The creation of the Jewish state.
(c) Russian prosecution.
(d) The Armenian genocide.
4. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
(a) 10th century.
(b) 8th century.
(c) 6th century.
(d) 7th century.
5. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1986.
(b) October 1987.
(c) October 1985.
(d) October 1988.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
2. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
3. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
5. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)