|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1985.
(b) October 1986.
(c) October 1988.
(d) October 1987.
2. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A plane.
(b) A car.
(c) A train.
(d) A boat.
3. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
4. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(a) An exit visa.
(c) Military service.
5. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(b) That he would write a book about them.
(c) That he brought money.
(d) That their visitor was Potok.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
2. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
3. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
5. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)