|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(a) New York.
2. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(b) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(c) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(d) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A train.
(b) A boat.
(c) A car.
(d) A plane.
4. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
5. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
Short Answer Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
2. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
3. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
4. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
5. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)