|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(b) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(c) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(d) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
2. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(b) The Russian kingdom.
(c) Kievan Russia.
(d) The Christian Russian Empire.
3. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he brought money.
(b) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(c) That their visitor was Potok.
(d) That he would write a book about them.
4. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
5. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their mother in law.
(c) Their son.
(d) Their aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
2. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
3. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
5. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)