|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) European tribes.
(b) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(c) Asian tribes.
(d) Spanish tribes.
2. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
3. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The window.
(b) The clock.
(c) The door.
(d) The TV.
4. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1980s.
5. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Georgian King.
(c) The Manchourian Emperor.
(d) The Scandinavian Russ.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
2. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
3. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
4. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
5. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)