|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
(a) The Inquisition.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) The Renaissance.
2. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(b) Speak Hebrew.
(c) Give gifts.
3. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(b) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(c) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(d) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
4. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) The Christian Russian Empire.
(c) Kievan Russia.
(d) The Russian kingdom.
5. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A plane.
(b) A train.
(c) A car.
(d) A boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
2. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
3. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
4. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
5. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)