|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Manchourian Emperor.
(b) The Georgian King.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Scandinavian Russ.
2. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His sons.
(b) His wife alone.
(c) KGB agents.
(d) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
3. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) First century before the Common Era.
(b) Third century before the Common Era.
(c) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(d) Second century before the Common Era.
4. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
5. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) The creation of the Jewish state.
(b) Russian prosecution.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Armenian genocide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
2. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
3. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
4. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
5. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)