|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
(a) As bad merchants.
(b) As angels.
(c) As demons.
(d) As heretics.
2. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Joseph Marks.
(b) Igor Stenko.
(c) Owen Laster.
(d) Mark Standal.
3. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(b) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(c) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
4. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(b) That he would write a book about them.
(c) That he brought money.
(d) That their visitor was Potok.
5. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(a) The Afganistan war.
(c) Their respective family history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
2. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
3. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
4. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
5. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)