|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1980s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1970s.
2. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
3. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(b) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(c) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(d) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
4. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A car.
(b) A train.
(c) A boat.
(d) A plane.
5. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
2. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
3. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
5. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)