|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The creation of the Jewish state.
(c) The Armenian genocide.
(d) Russian prosecution.
2. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) Before 1920.
(b) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
(c) After 1964.
(d) After the end of WWII.
3. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 0.9 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 2 million.
(d) 3 million.
4. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their mother in law.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their son.
(d) Their daughter.
5. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(b) That their visitor was Potok.
(c) That he would write a book about them.
(d) That he brought money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
2. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
3. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
4. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
5. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)