|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(b) The Christian Russian Empire.
(c) The Russian kingdom.
(d) Kievan Russia.
2. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 5 million.
(b) 2 million.
(c) 0.9 million.
(d) 3 million.
3. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(b) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(c) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(d) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
4. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) Before 1920.
(b) After the end of WWII.
(c) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
(d) After 1964.
5. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
(a) 8th century.
(b) 10th century.
(c) 6th century.
(d) 7th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
2. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
3. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
4. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
5. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)