|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(b) Yom Kippur.
(d) A Bar Mitzvah.
2. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His wife alone.
(b) KGB agents.
(c) His sons.
(d) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
3. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(b) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(c) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
4. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
5. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
2. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
3. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
4. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
5. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)