|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1986.
(b) October 1988.
(c) October 1985.
(d) October 1987.
2. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) The Christian Russian Empire.
(c) Kievan Russia.
(d) The Russian kingdom.
3. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
4. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(b) Armenia and Georgia.
5. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His sons.
(b) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
(c) KGB agents.
(d) His wife alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
2. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
3. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
4. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
5. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)