|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The clock.
(b) The door.
(c) The window.
(d) The TV.
2. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
(a) As demons.
(b) As angels.
(c) As heretics.
(d) As bad merchants.
3. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(a) Armenia and Georgia.
4. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) After 1964.
(b) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
(c) After the end of WWII.
(d) Before 1920.
5. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Manchourian Emperor.
(b) The Georgian King.
(c) The Scandinavian Russ.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
2. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
3. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
4. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
5. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)