|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(a) A Bar Mitzvah.
(b) Yom Kippur.
2. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Asian tribes.
(b) Spanish tribes.
(c) European tribes.
(d) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
3. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
4. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Georgian King.
(c) The Manchourian Emperor.
(d) The Scandinavian Russ.
5. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Second century before the Common Era.
(b) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(c) First century before the Common Era.
(d) Third century before the Common Era.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
2. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
4. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
5. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)