|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(b) An exit visa.
(c) Military service.
2. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(b) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(c) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(d) That Potok was a KGB agent.
3. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) The creation of the Jewish state.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) Russian prosecution.
(d) The Armenian genocide.
4. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 3 million.
(d) 0.9 million.
5. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(b) Second century before the Common Era.
(c) First century before the Common Era.
(d) Third century before the Common Era.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
2. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
3. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
4. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
5. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)