|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
2. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(b) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(c) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(d) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
3. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1987.
(b) October 1986.
(c) October 1988.
(d) October 1985.
4. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(a) The Afganistan war.
(c) Their respective family history.
5. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Asian tribes.
(b) European tribes.
(c) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(d) Spanish tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
2. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
3. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
4. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
5. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)