|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(b) That he would write a book about them.
(c) That he brought money.
(d) That their visitor was Potok.
2. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(b) An exit visa.
(d) Military service.
3. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(a) Speak Hebrew.
(d) Give gifts.
4. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their mother in law.
(d) Their son.
5. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(b) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(c) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(d) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
2. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
4. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
5. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)