|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(b) Asian tribes.
(c) Spanish tribes.
(d) European tribes.
2. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1988.
(b) October 1986.
(c) October 1987.
(d) October 1985.
3. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) For security reasons.
(b) To save the battery.
(c) Street lights were abundant.
(d) Bulbs were in short supply.
4. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(c) Military service.
(d) An exit visa.
5. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
2. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
3. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
4. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
5. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)