|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A train.
(b) A boat.
(c) A car.
(d) A plane.
2. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 0.9 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 2 million.
(d) 3 million.
3. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(a) Armenia and Georgia.
4. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
(b) An exit visa.
(d) Military service.
5. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The TV.
(b) The window.
(c) The clock.
(d) The door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
2. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
3. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
4. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
5. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)