|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(b) Their respective family history.
(c) The Afganistan war.
2. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
3. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) Russian prosecution.
(b) The creation of the Jewish state.
(c) The Armenian genocide.
(d) The French Revolution.
4. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(a) Give gifts.
(d) Speak Hebrew.
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(c) A Bar Mitzvah.
(d) Yom Kippur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
2. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
3. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
5. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)