|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
(a) Before 1920.
(b) After 1964.
(c) After the end of WWII.
(d) In the 1930s and after the end of WWII.
2. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
3. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
4. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(b) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(d) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
5. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Spanish tribes.
(b) Asian tribes.
(c) European tribes.
(d) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
2. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
3. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
5. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)