|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Second century before the Common Era.
(b) Third century before the Common Era.
(c) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(d) First century before the Common Era.
2. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) Russian prosecution.
(b) The creation of the Jewish state.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Armenian genocide.
3. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Joseph Marks.
(b) Mark Standal.
(c) Owen Laster.
(d) Igor Stenko.
4. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(b) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(d) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
5. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) For security reasons.
(b) Bulbs were in short supply.
(c) To save the battery.
(d) Street lights were abundant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
2. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
3. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
4. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
5. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)