|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) For security reasons.
(b) To save the battery.
(c) Bulbs were in short supply.
(d) Street lights were abundant.
2. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(a) The Afganistan war.
(d) Their respective family history.
3. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
4. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A boat.
(b) A plane.
(c) A car.
(d) A train.
5. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(a) Speak Hebrew.
(b) Give gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
2. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
3. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
4. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)