|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
2. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(a) The Afganistan war.
(c) Their respective family history.
3. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(b) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
(d) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
4. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
5. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he would write a book about them.
(b) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(c) That their visitor was Potok.
(d) That he brought money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
2. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
3. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
4. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
5. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)