|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) The Armenian genocide.
(b) The creation of the Jewish state.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) Russian prosecution.
2. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 3 million.
(d) 0.9 million.
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A plane.
(d) A train.
4. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The window.
(b) The door.
(c) The clock.
(d) The TV.
5. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
2. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
3. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)