|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The door.
(b) The clock.
(c) The TV.
(d) The window.
2. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A train.
(b) A boat.
(c) A plane.
(d) A car.
3. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(b) New York.
4. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) KGB agents.
(b) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
(c) His sons.
(d) His wife alone.
5. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
(a) The Inquisition.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) The French Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
2. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
3. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
4. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
5. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)