|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
2. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) The Christian Russian Empire.
(b) The Russian kingdom.
(d) Kievan Russia.
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A boat.
(b) A plane.
(c) A car.
(d) A train.
4. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) Russian prosecution.
(c) The creation of the Jewish state.
(d) The Armenian genocide.
5. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The door.
(b) The window.
(c) The clock.
(d) The TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
2. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
3. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
4. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
5. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)