|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) Bulbs were in short supply.
(b) Street lights were abundant.
(c) To save the battery.
(d) For security reasons.
2. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
3. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
4. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
5. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
2. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
4. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
5. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)