|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(b) Their respective family history.
(d) The Afganistan war.
2. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
3. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(b) That he brought money.
(c) That he would write a book about them.
(d) That their visitor was Potok.
4. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The TV.
(b) The door.
(c) The clock.
(d) The window.
5. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1987.
(b) October 1988.
(c) October 1986.
(d) October 1985.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
2. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
3. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
4. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
5. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)