|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
2. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
3. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
4. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Owen Laster.
(b) Joseph Marks.
(c) Igor Stenko.
(d) Mark Standal.
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(b) A Bar Mitzvah.
(d) Yom Kippur.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
2. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
3. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
4. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
5. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)