|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The window.
(b) The clock.
(c) The TV.
(d) The door.
2. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
(c) Their respective family history.
(d) The Afganistan war.
3. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(b) Second century before the Common Era.
(c) Third century before the Common Era.
(d) First century before the Common Era.
4. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(b) The Russian kingdom.
(c) Kievan Russia.
(d) The Christian Russian Empire.
5. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) For security reasons.
(b) Street lights were abundant.
(c) To save the battery.
(d) Bulbs were in short supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
2. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
3. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
4. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)