|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Intro and Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The door.
(b) The TV.
(c) The clock.
(d) The window.
2. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That their visitor was Potok.
(b) That he would write a book about them.
(c) That he brought money.
(d) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
3. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their mother in law.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their son.
(d) Their daughter.
4. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
5. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Manchourian Emperor.
(c) The Scandinavian Russ.
(d) The Georgian King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
2. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
3. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
4. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
5. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)