|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Sanya Slepak when he got his exit visa?
2. Why did Volodya and his wife ask for a new place to stay?
(a) She didn't like the landlord.
(b) They were sharing it with another exilee.
(c) Masha did not think the house was safe.
(d) Masha found the place too small.
3. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
4. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
(a) Igor Stenko.
(c) Gregory Zarkhin.
(d) Yury Andropov.
5. Why did Volodya leave his job after he decided to emigrate?
(a) He needed a recommandation from his employer.
(b) He was fired.
(c) He wanted to focus on his application.
(d) He needed to leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
2. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
3. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
4. When did Volodya arrive in Moscow from exile?
5. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)