|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Solomon's wife's name?
2. What prompted Volodya's firing from his job in September of 1971?
(a) A visit from the KGB.
(b) A visit from the Party official.
(c) A visit from the NKVD.
(d) A visit from a political officer.
3. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
4. What job did Masha have in the early 1960s?
(b) Family doctor.
(c) Lab technician.
5. Why was the letter sent from pretend relatives in Israel not used?
(a) The rules for applying were changed.
(b) It was confiscated by the KGB.
(c) Volodya's family names were misspelled.
(d) It was written in Hebrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya learn Solomon knew and refused to talk about later on?
2. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
3. What were refuseniks in Soviet Russia?
4. What nickname did Masha's mother give her?
5. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)