|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Stalin have his personal physician arrested?
(a) November 1952.
(b) November 1954.
(c) November 1953.
(d) November 1951.
2. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
3. What did Volodya borrow money against in Chapter 8?
(a) His future earnings.
(b) His life.
(c) His furniture.
(d) His house in Moscow.
4. What were some of the refuseniks accused of being?
(a) FBI agents.
(b) KGB informers.
(c) CIA agents.
5. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(a) Give gifts.
(b) Speak Hebrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
2. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
3. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
4. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
5. When did Volodya and a group of others protest against their treatment by the Soviet Union?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)