|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Volodya earn the respect of his fellow prisoners?
(a) Because of his crimes and his chess playing.
(b) He was rich.
(c) He shared his food.
(d) He worked hard.
2. What job did Volodya take in the boiler room?
(a) Coal hauler.
(b) Plan manager.
(d) Maintenance technician.
3. What did Volodya and his wife think prevented them from getting a visa?
(a) Volodya's father.
(b) Masha's mother.
(c) His religion.
(d) Volodya's security status.
4. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a soldier or leave the house.
(b) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(c) Become a dentist or leave the house.
(d) Become a train driver or leave the house.
5. What were some of the refuseniks accused of being?
(a) FBI agents.
(b) KGB informers.
(d) CIA agents.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Leonid chance a trip to visit his parents?
2. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
3. When did Volodya arrive in Moscow from exile?
4. When did Volodya's mother in law receive her visa?
5. When did Voitinsky go to China?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)