|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) To save the battery.
(b) Street lights were abundant.
(c) For security reasons.
(d) Bulbs were in short supply.
2. What did Volodya and Masha live on after her retirement?
(a) Money from relatives.
(b) Her pension and money from those who supported refuseniks.
(c) Money from their savings.
(d) Money from the United States.
3. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
4. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
(a) Taoist monks.
(b) The Chinese government.
(c) Russian Jews.
(d) Franciscan monks.
5. Where did Volodya and the others stage their protest?
(a) The US Embassy.
(b) The UN building.
(c) The presidium.
(d) The Kremelin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
2. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
3. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
4. What did Volodya do when he arrived at his place of exile?
5. What did Solomon say of the mistakes made by Stalin?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)