|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
(b) Igor Stenko.
(c) Gregory Zarkhin.
(d) Yury Andropov.
2. What relationship did Solomon have with his son in the 1970s?
(a) He cut ties with him.
(b) They were close.
(c) They talked every other week.
(d) They were tense, but cordial.
3. How long did Volodya wait before reapplying for a visa?
(a) He never reapplied.
(b) 5 years.
(c) He continually applied.
(d) 2 years.
4. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
(a) 8th century.
(b) 6th century.
(c) 10th century.
(d) 7th century.
5. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya do when he arrived at his place of exile?
2. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
3. How long was Khrushchev's speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
4. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
5. How long was Volodya told he had to wait before reapplying for a visa after being refused one?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)