|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Volodya and his wife arrive at the village where he was exiled?
(a) Third week of September 1978.
(b) Fourth week of September 1978.
(c) Second week of September 1978.
(d) First week of September 1978.
2. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(b) Speak Hebrew.
(d) Give gifts.
3. Why didn't Masha want to become a surgeon?
(a) She couldn't spare the time because of her child.
(b) She didn't want to work with male doctors.
(c) She would have to join the Communist party.
(d) She couldn't work in a non-Jewish hospital.
4. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
(a) Sakhalin Island.
5. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
2. Where did Noya Drapkin want to emigrate to?
3. What prompted Volodya's firing from his job in September of 1971?
4. What were refuseniks in Soviet Russia?
5. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)