|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Volodya find after being fired in September 1971?
(a) Sharpening pencils for a workshop.
(b) Delivering mail.
(c) Radio technician.
(d) Change toilet paper.
2. What prompted Volodya's firing from his job in September of 1971?
(a) A visit from the KGB.
(b) A visit from the NKVD.
(c) A visit from a political officer.
(d) A visit from the Party official.
3. What did Volodya learn Solomon knew and refused to talk about later on?
(a) That he was not Jewish.
(b) That his mother died in childbirth.
(c) That Volodya's name was on a deportation list.
(d) That he wanted to remarry.
4. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
5. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
2. How often did Masha return to Moscow during the exile?
3. Where was Volodya working in September 1971?
4. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
5. How long before the search did Volodya sign a letter to the UN asking for the right to emigrate to Israel?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)