|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did Solomon have with his son in the 1970s?
(a) They talked every other week.
(b) He cut ties with him.
(c) They were tense, but cordial.
(d) They were close.
2. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(b) New York.
3. What did Masha apply for and was granted after Solomon's death?
(a) The right to accompany Volodya in exile.
(b) A raise of her pension.
(c) Her retirement.
(d) An exit visa.
4. How low did the temperature drop during Volodya's exile?
(a) -30 F.
(b) -40 F.
(c) -80 F.
(d) -50 F.
5. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
(a) As demons.
(b) As angels.
(c) As heretics.
(d) As bad merchants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Solomon in the 1970s?
2. What Jewish holiday coincided with Stalin's death?
3. How long did Masha spend in Moscow during the first year of exile?
4. Why was the letter sent from pretend relatives in Israel not used?
5. How old was Sanya Slepak when he got his exit visa?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)