|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Yiddish books start appearing on the Russian market?
2. What did the Six Days War convince the Slepaks of?
(a) That the USSR was weak.
(b) Israel could maintain power over their enemies.
(c) Israel needed radar technology.
(d) Israel had a better army than the USSR.
3. How did the Communist authorities prevent Russians from listening to news from the West?
(a) They didn't allow personal radios.
(b) The radios were limited to Russians frequencies.
(c) They prevented large emissions tower from being put next to their borders.
(d) They scrambled frequencies used by the West.
4. How many others signed the letter to the UN asking for the right to emigrate to Israel?
5. Where did Sanya first emigrate to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Solomon in the 1970s?
2. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
3. What did Volodya borrow money against in Chapter 8?
4. When did Masha decide that she had had enough of the USSR?
5. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)