|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Volodya arrive in Moscow from exile?
(a) December 5, 1982.
(b) December 6, 1982.
(c) December 8, 1982.
(d) December 4, 1982.
2. What prompted Volodya's firing from his job in September of 1971?
(a) A visit from the KGB.
(b) A visit from the NKVD.
(c) A visit from the Party official.
(d) A visit from a political officer.
3. What was Solomon's health problem?
(a) Multiple Sclerosis.
(b) Stomach cancer.
(c) His heart.
(d) Prostate cancer.
4. What did the Soviet government repress the news of?
(a) Jews leaving the country.
(b) Jewish holidays.
(c) Jewish uprising.
(d) Jewish deportation.
5. Why didn't Masha want to become a surgeon?
(a) She couldn't spare the time because of her child.
(b) She didn't want to work with male doctors.
(c) She couldn't work in a non-Jewish hospital.
(d) She would have to join the Communist party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
2. What nickname did Masha's mother give her?
3. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
4. When did Masha and Volodya obtain their exit visa?
5. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)