|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(b) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(c) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(d) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
2. When did Voitinsky go to China?
3. How long did Masha spend in Moscow during the first year of exile?
(a) 4 and a half months.
(b) 2 and a half months.
(c) 3 and a half months.
(d) 1 and a half months.
4. What prompted Masha to decide she had had enough of the USSR?
(a) Her being locked in her apartment by the KGB.
(b) Not having enough food.
(c) Not being able to call Israel.
(d) Not having her visa yet.
5. Where was Volodya working in September 1971?
(a) Institute of Radio and Television.
(b) Institute of Radar Telemetry.
(c) Institute of Organic Chemistry at the Academy of Sciences.
(d) Institute of Avionic Design.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the government start attacking the refuseniks?
2. What was the main focus of the first conference of World Jewry?
3. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
4. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
5. What was Solomon surrounded by during his retirement?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)