|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname did Masha's mother give her?
(a) My precious.
(b) My love.
(c) My amulet.
2. What was a result of Volodya's arrest and jail time?
(a) He started having contact with the foreign press.
(b) He stopped applying for a visa.
(c) He repudiated his father.
(d) He made friend of political dissidents.
3. When did the first conference of World Jewry take place?
(a) February 23, 1973.
(b) February 23, 1972.
(c) February 23, 1974.
(d) February 23, 1971.
4. What did Solomon stay dedicated to?
(a) The Communist party.
(d) His family.
5. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A train.
(b) A car.
(c) A plane.
(d) A boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Masha return to medical school?
2. When did Khrushchev deliver his speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
3. What was the main focus of the first conference of World Jewry?
4. What did Masha and Volodya decide to write on a sheet outside of their window?
5. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)