|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Solomon come to the United States?
2. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
3. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
4. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
5. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(b) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(c) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
(d) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
2. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
3. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
4. How many countries were represented in the second Congress of the Comintern?
5. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)