|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 15 millions.
(b) 20 millions.
(c) 25 millions.
(d) 10 millions.
2. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(b) Kievan Russia.
(c) The Russian kingdom.
(d) The Christian Russian Empire.
3. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1987.
(b) October 1985.
(c) October 1986.
(d) October 1988.
4. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
(b) His child was sick.
(c) His mother died.
(d) He was recall for a promotion.
5. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 0.9 million.
(b) 2 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 3 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
2. What was Solomon's wife's name?
3. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
4. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
5. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)