|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
2. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(c) New York.
3. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he would write a book about them.
(b) That their visitor was Potok.
(c) That he brought money.
(d) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
4. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(a) Water birth.
(c) By forceps.
(d) By C-section.
5. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) It was easier to write in Japanese.
(b) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
(c) So it didn't sound Jewish.
(d) He wanted a fresh start.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
2. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
3. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
4. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
5. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)