|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because of the quota system.
(b) Because his grades were too low.
(c) Because the school was too far.
(d) Because of the tuition cost.
2. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
(a) Franciscan monks.
(b) Russian Jews.
(c) The Chinese government.
(d) Taoist monks.
3. When did Solomon leave Tass?
4. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) Russian prosecution.
(b) The creation of the Jewish state.
(c) The Armenian genocide.
(d) The French Revolution.
5. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their son.
(d) Their mother in law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
2. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
3. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
4. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
5. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)