|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
(a) The clock.
(b) The door.
(c) The TV.
(d) The window.
2. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
(b) So it didn't sound Jewish.
(c) It was easier to write in Japanese.
(d) He wanted a fresh start.
3. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
4. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(a) Yom Kippur.
(c) A Bar Mitzvah.
5. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a dentist.
(b) Become a rabbi.
(c) Become a physician.
(d) Become a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
2. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
3. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
4. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
5. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)