|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
(a) The Armenian genocide.
(b) Russian prosecution.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The creation of the Jewish state.
2. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
3. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His wife alone.
(b) KGB agents.
(c) His sons.
(d) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
4. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a rabbi.
(b) Become a soldier.
(c) Become a dentist.
(d) Become a physician.
5. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) The Russian kingdom.
(b) The Christian Russian Empire.
(d) Kievan Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
2. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
3. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
4. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
5. How many countries were represented in the second Congress of the Comintern?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)