|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(a) A Bar Mitzvah.
(b) Yom Kippur.
2. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
3. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
(b) The final defeat of the "White" army.
(c) Stalin's rise to power.
(d) Lenin's death.
4. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(d) Armenia and Georgia.
5. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Second century before the Common Era.
(b) Third century before the Common Era.
(c) First century before the Common Era.
(d) Fourth century before the Common Era.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
2. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
3. When did Solomon come to the United States?
4. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
5. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)