|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) Street lights were abundant.
(b) For security reasons.
(c) Bulbs were in short supply.
(d) To save the battery.
2. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
3. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1980s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) The 1960s.
4. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Third century before the Common Era.
(b) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(c) First century before the Common Era.
(d) Second century before the Common Era.
5. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a rabbi.
(b) Become a dentist.
(c) Become a soldier.
(d) Become a physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
2. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
3. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
4. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
5. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)