|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
(a) They prevented them from owning property.
(b) They forbade them from speaking Hebrew.
(c) It closed synagogues.
(d) They forbade Bar Mitzvahs.
2. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
3. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
(a) As angels.
(b) As heretics.
(c) As demons.
(d) As bad merchants.
4. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1988.
(b) October 1986.
(c) October 1985.
(d) October 1987.
5. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) The Christian Russian Empire.
(c) Kievan Russia.
(d) The Russian kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
2. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
3. How old was Volodya when he first saw a picture of Stalin?
4. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
5. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)