|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
(a) 7th century.
(b) 6th century.
(c) 8th century.
(d) 10th century.
2. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(c) A Bar Mitzvah.
(d) Yom Kippur.
3. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) The final defeat of the "White" army.
(b) Stalin's rise to power.
(c) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
(d) Lenin's death.
4. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
(a) His older brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His nanny.
(d) His mother.
5. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Scandinavian Russ.
(b) The Manchourian Emperor.
(c) The Georgian King.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
2. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
3. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
4. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
5. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)