|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) It was easier to write in Japanese.
(b) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
(c) He wanted a fresh start.
(d) So it didn't sound Jewish.
2. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
3. When did the Slepak family finally get their visa out of Russia?
(a) October 1987.
(b) October 1985.
(c) October 1986.
(d) October 1988.
4. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
5. How old was Solomon when he headed for Vladivostok?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
2. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
3. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
4. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
5. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)