|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
(a) Yang Ze Min.
(b) Sun Yat-sen.
2. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
(b) He wanted a fresh start.
(c) So it didn't sound Jewish.
(d) It was easier to write in Japanese.
3. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
4. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
(a) Gregory Zarkhin.
(c) Yury Andropov.
(d) Igor Stenko.
5. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
2. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
3. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
4. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
5. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)