|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Georgian King.
(c) The Scandinavian Russ.
(d) The Manchourian Emperor.
2. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(c) Yom Kippur.
(d) A Bar Mitzvah.
3. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
4. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) Kievan Russia.
(b) The Russian kingdom.
(d) The Christian Russian Empire.
5. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 3 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 0.9 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
2. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
3. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
4. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
5. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)