|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
2. Why did people in Russia drive with runner lights instead of real headlights according to Volodya?
(a) For security reasons.
(b) Bulbs were in short supply.
(c) To save the battery.
(d) Street lights were abundant.
3. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because of the quota system.
(b) Because of the tuition cost.
(c) Because the school was too far.
(d) Because his grades were too low.
4. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
(b) His child was sick.
(c) He was recall for a promotion.
(d) His mother died.
5. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 0.9 million.
(b) 3 million.
(c) 2 million.
(d) 5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
2. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
3. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
4. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
5. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)