|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) So it didn't sound Jewish.
(b) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
(c) He wanted a fresh start.
(d) It was easier to write in Japanese.
2. When did Voitinsky go to China?
3. When was the Russian Empire virtually free of Jews until?
4. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
(a) The world's governments were weakened.
(b) The world's armies were depleted.
(c) Literacy was at its highest.
(d) The transportation system was in place for agents to move freely.
5. What language did Volodya use to greet Potok and his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
2. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
3. How many men did Solomon command against the Japanese?
4. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
5. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)