Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
(a) Water birth.
(b) By forceps.
(c) By C-section.
2. What was the main agenda of the Comintern in the Summer of 1920?
(a) How to bolster their respective army.
(b) Howe to launch a man in space.
(c) How to conquer the world.
(d) How to improve economy.
3. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
(a) The Chinese government.
(b) Franciscan monks.
(c) Taoist monks.
(d) Russian Jews.
4. Who did Solomon make contact with in China?
(a) Yang Ze Min.
(d) Sun Yat-sen.
5. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
(a) The French Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(b) The Greek Orthodox Church of Byzantium.
(c) The Greek Catholic Church of Byzantium.
(d) The Greek Orthodox Church of Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
2. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
3. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
4. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
5. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)