|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
(a) That he was thinking of joining the army.
(b) That he would never join the Communist party.
(c) That he didn't like Stalin.
(d) That he wanted to marry a non-Jewish woman.
2. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
(a) Igor Stenko.
(b) Yury Andropov.
(d) Gregory Zarkhin.
3. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a train driver or leave the house.
(b) Become a soldier or leave the house.
(c) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(d) Become a dentist or leave the house.
4. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
(a) He failed to get his diploma.
(b) He was not a Communist party member.
(c) He had a poor school record.
(d) He was a Jew.
5. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
(a) His older brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His nanny.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
2. When was Volodya born?
3. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
4. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
5. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)