|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Yiddish books start appearing on the Russian market?
2. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) Stalin's rise to power.
(b) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
(c) The final defeat of the "White" army.
(d) Lenin's death.
3. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(d) Armenia and Georgia.
4. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) The Christian Russian Empire.
(b) The Russian kingdom.
(c) Kievan Russia.
5. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
(a) That he wanted to marry a non-Jewish woman.
(b) That he was thinking of joining the army.
(c) That he would never join the Communist party.
(d) That he didn't like Stalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Communist authorities prevent Russians from listening to news from the West?
2. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
3. When did Stalin die?
4. What did the Six Days War convince the Slepaks of?
5. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)