|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Masha want to become a surgeon?
(a) She would have to join the Communist party.
(b) She couldn't work in a non-Jewish hospital.
(c) She didn't want to work with male doctors.
(d) She couldn't spare the time because of her child.
2. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
3. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
4. When did Khrushchev deliver his speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
5. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A boat.
(b) A train.
(c) A plane.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
2. Who went to Leonid's school to try to put pressure on Volodya and his wife?
3. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
4. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
5. Why did Volodya leave his job after he decided to emigrate?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)