|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was taken out of textbooks according to Masha?
(a) American names.
(b) Foreign sounding names.
(c) Jewish names.
(d) Pictures of Stalin.
2. When did Yiddish books start appearing on the Russian market?
3. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His wife alone.
(b) KGB agents.
(c) His sons.
(d) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
4. When did the Jewish community thrive on the Black Sea?
(a) Fourth century before the Common Era.
(b) Second century before the Common Era.
(c) First century before the Common Era.
(d) Third century before the Common Era.
5. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Masha born?
2. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
3. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
4. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
5. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)