|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Spanish tribes.
(b) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(c) Asian tribes.
(d) European tribes.
2. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
(a) They prevented them from owning property.
(b) They forbade them from speaking Hebrew.
(c) It closed synagogues.
(d) They forbade Bar Mitzvahs.
3. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
4. What was Volodya's family concerned with?
(a) That Volodya's nephew will get their exit visa.
(b) That they would go to prison for talking to Potok.
(c) That Potok was a KGB agent.
(d) That Volodya's nephew would be sent to war.
5. Who went to Leonid's school to try to put pressure on Volodya and his wife?
(a) The KGB.
(b) The military police.
(c) The NKVD.
(d) The local police.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Communist authorities prevent Russians from listening to news from the West?
2. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
3. What was safer than having a large group of friends?
4. What Jewish holiday coincided with Stalin's death?
5. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)