|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Masha warned the second time about actions to be taken against the Russian Jews?
(a) February 1952.
(c) February 1953.
(d) March 1953.
2. When did Solomon come to the United States?
3. When did Yiddish books start appearing on the Russian market?
4. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(b) That their visitor was Potok.
(c) That he brought money.
(d) That he would write a book about them.
5. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Inquisition.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) The Renaissance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Masha want to become a surgeon?
2. When did Stalin die?
3. How long was Khrushchev's speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
4. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)