|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
(a) That he had a way for them to leave Russia.
(b) That he brought money.
(c) That he would write a book about them.
(d) That their visitor was Potok.
2. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
3. How long did Rosa have marks on her head?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(b) A Bar Mitzvah.
(c) Yom Kippur.
5. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
(a) Because of the tuition cost.
(b) Because of the quota system.
(c) Because his grades were too low.
(d) Because the school was too far.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
2. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
3. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
4. When did Voitinsky go to China?
5. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)