|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Solomon and the other prisoner rise up against the guards?
2. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
(a) Killing innocent people.
(b) Him being jailed.
(c) Stalin staying in power.
(d) The arrest of hundreds of innocent peoples.
3. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
4. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Inquisition.
5. What was taken out of textbooks according to Masha?
(a) American names.
(b) Pictures of Stalin.
(c) Jewish names.
(d) Foreign sounding names.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
2. Who persecuted the Jews of the Black Sea during the first century of the Common Era?
3. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
4. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
5. How long was Khrushchev's speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)