|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Masha have in the early 1960s?
(b) Lab technician.
(c) Family doctor.
2. What was taken out of textbooks according to Masha?
(a) Pictures of Stalin.
(b) Foreign sounding names.
(c) American names.
(d) Jewish names.
3. How long was Khrushchev's speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
(a) 10,000 words.
(b) 3,000 words.
(c) 90,000 words.
(d) 20,000 words.
4. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) KGB agents.
(b) His sons.
(c) His wife alone.
(d) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
5. Why did Lenin see an opportunity for Bolshevik expansion after WWI?
(a) The transportation system was in place for agents to move freely.
(b) Literacy was at its highest.
(c) The world's armies were depleted.
(d) The world's governments were weakened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saved Volodya when he almost fell down the stairs?
2. What did the Six Days War convince the Slepaks of?
3. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
4. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
5. Why did Volodya leave his job after he decided to emigrate?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)