|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Solomon accept in 1920?
(a) Deputy Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(b) Director of the Press Department in Moscow.
(c) Head of the Press Department in Moscow.
(d) Writer for the Press Department in Moscow.
2. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(c) New York.
3. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) His wife alone.
(b) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
(c) KGB agents.
(d) His sons.
4. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(a) Yom Kippur.
(d) A Bar Mitzvah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Solomon run into at the 1920 Comintern?
2. When did Yiddish books start appearing on the Russian market?
3. When did Stalin die?
4. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
5. Who did Solomon return to Russia with?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)