|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
2. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
3. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
4. What did Solomon say of the mistakes made by Stalin?
(a) That the party would correct them.
(b) That they non-existant.
(c) That they were few and small.
(d) That they were permanent.
5. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) It was easier to write in Japanese.
(b) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
(c) He wanted a fresh start.
(d) So it didn't sound Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the parents of the author, Chaim Potok, see Russia as an enemy?
2. What was Noya Drapkin husband's name?
3. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
4. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
5. What was Solomon's wife's name?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)