|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
2. What did the Soviet government repress the news of?
(a) Jewish uprising.
(b) Jewish holidays.
(c) Jewish deportation.
(d) Jews leaving the country.
3. Why didn't Masha want to become a surgeon?
(a) She would have to join the Communist party.
(b) She couldn't spare the time because of her child.
(c) She couldn't work in a non-Jewish hospital.
(d) She didn't want to work with male doctors.
4. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(d) New York.
5. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
(a) KGB agents.
(b) His sons.
(c) His wife alone.
(d) His wife, brother, sister in law and nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the capital of the first country created by the first settlers in Russia?
2. What did Solomon say of the mistakes made by Stalin?
3. What was taken out of textbooks according to Masha?
4. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
5. What was Noya Drapkin husband's name?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)