|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
2. How long was Khrushchev's speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
(a) 10,000 words.
(b) 90,000 words.
(c) 20,000 words.
(d) 3,000 words.
3. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
(a) Asian tribes.
(b) Spanish tribes.
(c) Finnish and Slavic tribes.
(d) European tribes.
4. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
5. What did Volodya's family and the Potoks celebrate?
(b) A Bar Mitzvah.
(c) Yom Kippur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Jewish holiday coincided with Stalin's death?
2. What did Volodya's family keep looking at after dinner?
3. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
4. Why was the letter sent from pretend relatives in Israel not used?
5. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)