|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a dentist.
(b) Become a soldier.
(c) Become a rabbi.
(d) Become a physician.
2. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
3. Why did Solomon return to Russia?
(a) He was recall for a promotion.
(b) His mother died.
(c) His wife did not want to have her baby in Japan.
(d) His child was sick.
4. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 25 millions.
(b) 15 millions.
(c) 10 millions.
(d) 20 millions.
5. What was safer than having a large group of friends?
(a) Having no friends.
(b) Only having Communist friends.
(c) Having a small group of friends.
(d) Keeping it in the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Volodya's family use in place of wine for the celebration?
2. What did the Poroks and Volodya's family talk about during dinner?
3. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
4. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
5. When did Solomon come to the United States?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)