|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
(a) Mark Standal.
(b) Joseph Marks.
(c) Igor Stenko.
(d) Owen Laster.
2. What did Solomon witness before being reassigned to China?
(a) Lenin's death.
(b) The final defeat of the "White" army.
(c) The persecution of Jews by the Government.
(d) Stalin's rise to power.
3. What did Volodya ask Potok and his wife not to do until they were inside the apartment?
(c) Speak Hebrew.
(d) Give gifts.
4. Where were Volodya's sons living at the time of Potok's visit in Russia?
5. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What provoked a revival of Jewish nationalism?
2. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
3. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
4. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
5. How were Solomon's children delivered in Japan?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)