|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Potok's books did Masha read?
2. What was the name of boat Volodya and Masha vacationed on?
(a) The Fish.
(b) The Dolphin.
(c) The Mermaid.
(d) The Lobster.
3. Where did the Jews of the Black Sea flee to avoid persecution?
(c) Armenia and Georgia.
4. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
5. Why was Masha arrested in 1951?
(a) Under the charge that she didn't have a Communist party card.
(b) Under the charge that she possessed a concealed weapon.
(c) Under the charge that she was a spy.
(d) Under the charge that she was using drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
2. When did Khrushchev deliver his speech exposing the horrors of Stalin's rule?
3. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
4. Who did those first to colonize Russia choose as their ruler?
5. Who first colonized the area know today as Russia according to the Intro?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)