|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
2. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
(a) The arrest of hundreds of innocent peoples.
(b) Him being jailed.
(c) Killing innocent people.
(d) Stalin staying in power.
3. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(b) Become a dentist or leave the house.
(c) Become a train driver or leave the house.
(d) Become a soldier or leave the house.
4. How many people died of malnourishment after the Bolsheviks took power?
(a) 15 millions.
(b) 10 millions.
(c) 20 millions.
(d) 25 millions.
5. When were the Chinese Communists admitted in the Kuomintang?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many countries were represented in the second Congress of the Comintern?
2. When did the Jewish community of Poland establish itself?
3. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
4. Who did Volodya and his wife call every other week?
5. When did Yiddish books start appearing on the Russian market?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)