|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Solomon say was preferable to have one spy go free?
(a) The arrest of hundreds of innocent peoples.
(b) Killing innocent people.
(c) Stalin staying in power.
(d) Him being jailed.
2. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) The 1980s.
3. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
(a) Kievan Russia.
(b) The Russian kingdom.
(d) The Christian Russian Empire.
4. Who established the Kindergarden Volodya attended in China?
(a) Taoist monks.
(b) The Chinese government.
(c) Franciscan monks.
(d) Russian Jews.
5. What did the Russian government do to force Jews' assimilation into Russian society?
(a) They forbade them from speaking Hebrew.
(b) They forbade Bar Mitzvahs.
(c) It closed synagogues.
(d) They prevented them from owning property.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Russians view the Jews during much of the history of the country?
2. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
3. When did Potok and his wife arrive in Moscow at the start of the Prologue?
4. When was Leonid Slepak born?
5. Who was in the apartment Volodya brought Potok and his wife to?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)