|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Voitinsky go to China?
2. When did Yiddish books start appearing on the Russian market?
3. When was Masha born?
(a) November 7, 1926.
(b) November 7, 1927.
(c) November 9, 1926.
(d) December 7, 1926.
4. What did Volodya learn Solomon knew and refused to talk about later on?
(a) That he was not Jewish.
(b) That his mother died in childbirth.
(c) That he wanted to remarry.
(d) That Volodya's name was on a deportation list.
5. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
(a) That he didn't like Stalin.
(b) That he was thinking of joining the army.
(c) That he would never join the Communist party.
(d) That he wanted to marry a non-Jewish woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main consequence of asking for a visa in Soviet Russia?
2. What did the Six Days War convince the Slepaks of?
3. How did the Communist authorities prevent Russians from listening to news from the West?
4. Why was the letter sent from pretend relatives in Israel not used?
5. What did the Soviet government repress the news of?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)