|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Stalin have his personal physician arrested?
(a) November 1951.
(b) November 1954.
(c) November 1952.
(d) November 1953.
2. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a train driver or leave the house.
(b) Become a soldier or leave the house.
(c) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(d) Become a dentist or leave the house.
3. When did Volodya became ill, forcing his family to go back to Moscow?
4. Where did Chaim Potok live when the Jews in Russia tried to obtain freedom?
(d) New York.
5. What was safer than having a large group of friends?
(a) Having a small group of friends.
(b) Only having Communist friends.
(c) Having no friends.
(d) Keeping it in the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Volodya asked to lead a laboratory in the development of the Soviet air defense system?
2. Who went to Leonid's school to try to put pressure on Volodya and his wife?
3. When was Solomon sent to Japan?
4. How was the first country created by the first settlers in Russia named?
5. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)