|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made the conversation pick up in the apartment?
2. Where did Noya Drapkin want to emigrate to?
(b) South Africa.
3. How did Masha's father die?
(a) Heart attack.
4. What did Solomon Slepak's father hope for his son to do?
(a) Become a physician.
(b) Become a rabbi.
(c) Become a dentist.
(d) Become a soldier.
5. Why did Solomon have to change his name before going to Japan?
(a) It was easier to write in Japanese.
(b) He wanted a fresh start.
(c) He wife did not want to marry a Jew.
(d) So it didn't sound Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Volodya's family excited to learn?
2. What did Masha's mother claim to have lost on a train during the Civil War?
3. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
4. When did Yiddish books start appearing on the Russian market?
5. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)