|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the area known today as Russia first colonized?
(a) 10th century.
(b) 6th century.
(c) 7th century.
(d) 8th century.
2. What means of transportation did Potok and his wife take for the last leg of their trip to meet Volodya?
(a) A boat.
(b) A train.
(c) A plane.
(d) A car.
3. How many Jews were in Russia by the end of the 1800s?
(a) 0.9 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 3 million.
(d) 2 million.
4. When was Masha warned the second time about actions to be taken against the Russian Jews?
(b) March 1953.
(c) February 1952.
(d) February 1953.
5. Why was the letter sent from pretend relatives in Israel not used?
(a) It was written in Hebrew.
(b) Volodya's family names were misspelled.
(c) The rules for applying were changed.
(d) It was confiscated by the KGB.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Solomon imprisoned as a political prisoner?
2. What was Volodya's nephew old enough for?
3. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
4. When was Solomon Slepak born according to Chapter 1?
5. What was the name of the Russian Telegraphic Agency?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)