|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many delegates formed the second Congress of the Comintern?
2. What did Volodya tell his father that greatly upset Solomon?
(a) That he didn't like Stalin.
(b) That he wanted to marry a non-Jewish woman.
(c) That he was thinking of joining the army.
(d) That he would never join the Communist party.
3. Why was Volodya rejected from numerous institutions and factories according to Chapter 4?
(a) He was a Jew.
(b) He was not a Communist party member.
(c) He had a poor school record.
(d) He failed to get his diploma.
4. Where did Solomon's family move from Dubrovno to when he was 3?
5. What alternative did Solomon's mother give him when he was 13?
(a) Become a rabbi or leave the house.
(b) Become a soldier or leave the house.
(c) Become a dentist or leave the house.
(d) Become a train driver or leave the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Solomon's education request rejected?
2. How many questions did Potok try to answer in his book about the Slepak family?
3. What did Solomon say of the mistakes made by Stalin?
4. Who was Potok's agent in 1987?
5. When did the Jews who survived in Russia ask for more freedom?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)