|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the debate group in Part 1, Section 6?
(a) St. Angelicus Fellows.
(b) Junior Fellows of Cambridge.
(c) Obligers' Society.
(d) Disobligers' Society.
2. At the end of Part 1, Section 1, to whom is Fred penning a note?
(a) Mrs. Wrayburn.
(b) Miss Saunders.
(c) Professor Horne.
3. According to Dr. Matthews, who would have been considered heretics in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.
(a) Writers and artists.
(b) Geologists and paleontologists.
(c) Philosophers and historians.
(d) Mathematicians and scientists.
4. How many guests are usually invited to dine at St. Angelicus at one time?
(a) One hundred.
5. In what year was the Rectory on Church Road built?
6. According to Professor Flowerdew, what lacks evidence of being existent?
(a) God and the Bible.
(b) Nature and spirit.
(c) God and Nature.
(d) Bohr's Model.
7. What is forwarded to Fred from St. Angelicus?
(a) His journal.
(b) His research notes.
(c) His toothbrush.
(d) A letter from Daisy.
8. How old is Fred's college?
(a) Over 500 years old.
(b) Over 800 years old.
(c) Over 600 years old.
(d) Over 1000 years old.
9. According to King James I of England, where should one dine at Cambridge?
(a) At Jesus.
(b) At Trinity.
(c) At King's.
(d) At the Rectory.
10. Why does Professor Flowerdew need an assistant?
(a) To help establish a laboratory.
(b) To help him with experiments.
(c) To instruct his students in physics.
(d) To help develop an atomic model.
11. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 7, how many weeks have passed since Fred's bicycle accident?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Nine weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
12. In what year does the story begin?
13. Where did Fred and two of his friends go for a walking holiday?
14. What kind of bicycle is Fred Fairly riding?
(a) A Schwinn.
(b) A Winged Cruiser.
(c) A Radio Flyer.
(d) A Royal Sunbeam.
15. How much does Daisy earn per week?
(a) One pound.
(b) Three shillings.
(c) Twelve pence.
(d) Twelve shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is remembered for being dethroned two years after his election in 1394?
2. In Part 1, Section 7, who does Fred think would not be able to tell him about Daisy's "marriageable class"?
3. Whom does Fred want to find in Part 1, Section 7?
4. Who was Fred's tutor for advanced practical physics?
5. After less than a year at her first job, where does Daisy take employment?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)