|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smells filled Daisy's childhood?
(a) French perfume and fruity wines.
(b) Lavendar and honeysuckle.
(c) Apples and wisteria.
(d) Vinegar and gin.
2. What does Fred swerve to avoid while riding his bicycle?
(a) A garland.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) A hat.
(d) A cow.
3. From what century are the instruments that Fred tries to tune?
(a) The ninth.
(b) The sixteenth.
(c) The thirteenth.
(d) The fifteenth.
4. Who invites Fred in "for that pipe"?
(a) A Junior Fellow.
(b) George Holcombe.
(c) Dr. Matthews.
5. AT the beginning of Part 2, Section 11, what does James Elder do on January 16th, 1912?
(a) He boards a sprat-boat.
(b) He commits a crime and is arrested.
(c) He jumps into the Thames.
(d) He accidentally falls into the Thames.
6. At the end of Part 1, Section 1, to whom is Fred penning a note?
(a) Mrs. Wrayburn.
(b) Professor Horne.
(c) Miss Saunders.
7. After less than a year at her first job, where does Daisy take employment?
(a) The Fulham Tram Station.
(b) Woolsley's Department Store.
(c) Lambert's Glassworks.
(d) Sedley's Cartons.
8. In Part 1, Section 5, how long has Fred been a Junior Fellow?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
9. To whom is Fred penning a letter to in Part 1, Section 6?
(a) The Provost.
(b) Miss Saunders.
(c) Miss Holcombe.
(d) His father.
10. Whom does Fred want to find in Part 1, Section 7?
(a) Daisy Saunders.
(b) The witness to the accident.
(c) The cart driver.
(d) The farmer's son.
11. What is the meaning of "Estoy in mis trece?"
(a) "Peace to you."
(b) "Safe in my trust."
(c) "On wings of peace."
(d) "I have not changed my mind."
12. What ingredients do many of Dr. Sage's prescriptions contain?
(a) Ginger and opium.
(b) Rhubarb, ginger, and strychnine.
(c) Rhubarb, ginger, and honey.
(d) Brandy and honey.
13. In Part 1, Section 7, who does Fred think would not be able to tell him about Daisy's "marriageable class"?
(b) The Provost.
(c) George Holcombe.
(d) His father.
14. According to the matron, how much of a woman's life is spent in pain?
15. Why is Fred a "conditional unbeliever"?
(a) He accepts only on faith.
(b) He has been an unbeliever less than a year.
(c) He can describe faith.
(d) He has no "evidence."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to King James I of England, where should one sleep at Cambridge?
2. Where does Daisy live?
3. Who comes to Fred and his friends' door at Bruckmann's Hotel?
4. What is the cause of Fred's bicycle accident?
5. What does Daisy give to Mrs. Martinez?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)