|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing in working order at the Rectory.
(a) The front door.
(b) The front gate.
(c) The new back gate.
(d) The doorbell.
2. What does Mrs. Martinez lift out of a wicker washing-basket to show to Daisy?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) An old photo.
(c) A lace doily.
(d) A small child.
3. What is the name of the debate group in Part 1, Section 6?
(a) Junior Fellows of Cambridge.
(b) St. Angelicus Fellows.
(c) Obligers' Society.
(d) Disobligers' Society.
4. In what year was the Rectory on Church Road built?
5. Who refruses to let the constable see James Elder?
(a) Night Nurse.
(b) The Matron.
(c) Miss Saunders.
(d) Dr. Sage.
6. How much does Daisy earn per week?
(a) Twelve pence.
(b) Twelve shillings.
(c) One pound.
(d) Three shillings.
7. According to Dr. Matthews, who would have been considered heretics in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.
(a) Geologists and paleontologists.
(b) Mathematicians and scientists.
(c) Writers and artists.
(d) Philosophers and historians.
8. How many hours per day does Daisy work?
(a) Ten hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) Four hours.
9. Why do none of the university societies meet in St. Angelicus?
(a) It is forbidden by the college.
(b) It is too draughty.
(c) It is in disrepair.
(d) It is too small.
10. Why is Fred writing Daisy?
(a) To ask her for a photo.
(b) For the pleasure of it.
(c) To invite her to Cambridge.
(d) For information regarding an accident.
11. What does Daisy wear on her wedding finger?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A pearl ring.
(d) A garnet.
12. Who writes Fred a "truncated" note that rattles on about Fred's position at the college?
13. What does Fred notice about the front gate at the Rectory?
(a) It is old and rusted.
(b) It is never closed.
(c) It is grown over with blackberry vines.
(d) It has a misspelled inscription.
14. How old is Daisy when she asks Father Haggett for a recommendation?
15. Who gave Daisy the ring on her wedding finger?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A current boyfriend.
(c) Her deceased father.
(d) Aunt Ellie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Saunders take from Selfridge's?
2. What is the smallest college in Cambridge?
3. Who is the founder of St. Angelicus?
4. What mistake does Daisy make in answering Dr. Sage's question?
5. What adjective does the Provost use to describe Holcombe?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)