|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artwork is over the Great Gate at St. Angelicus?
(a) Two sleeping angels.
(b) A gargoyle with a broken wing.
(c) An ornate marker with an illegible inscription.
(d) Twisted steel ivy.
2. What is in the jar where Daisy places the thermometer?
(a) Condy's Alcohol.
(b) Old Earl Brandy.
(c) Condy's Fluid.
(d) Black Draught.
3. According to Dr. Matthews, who would have been considered heretics in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.
(a) Mathematicians and scientists.
(b) Geologists and paleontologists.
(c) Writers and artists.
(d) Philosophers and historians.
4. What is Fred's position at the college?
(a) Junior Fellow.
(b) Senior Fellow.
(c) Professor of Logic.
5. What does Daisy give to Mrs. Martinez?
(a) Two shillings.
(b) A bus ticket.
(c) An address.
(d) A calling card.
6. Who is the the Senior Registrar at the hospital?
(a) Dr. Sage.
(b) Katie Sedley.
(c) The Matron.
(d) Ward Sister.
7. What extends beyond the college buildings?
(a) The ivy walkway.
(b) The cellars.
(c) A high brick wall.
(d) An overgrown footpath.
8. In Part 1, Section 3, who invites Fred up to his office during a downpour at a gathering?
(a) Professor Cavendish.
(b) Mr. Fairly.
(c) Professor Flowerdew.
(d) The Professor Wilson.
9. Who has the authority to open or close the southwest gate?
(a) Dr. Mathews.
(b) The Provost.
(c) The Master.
(d) No one.
10. What kind of family does Fred come from?
(a) A wealthy family.
(b) A Rectory family.
(c) A royal family.
(d) A Scottish clan.
11. After saying thank you, where is Miss Saunders going?
(a) To the Wrayburns' home.
(b) To the Rectory.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To London.
12. What is Daisy's position at the hospital?
(a) A matron.
(b) A volunteer.
(c) A sitter.
(d) A probationer.
13. In Part 1, Section 5, how long has Fred been a Junior Fellow?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
14. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 4, where did King James I of England think one should pray at Cambridge?
(a) At King's.
(b) At Jesus.
(c) At Trinity.
(d) At the Rectory.
15. How many hours per day does Daisy work?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) Four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred swerve to avoid while riding his bicycle?
2. What is the only item that Daisy keeps from her mother's belongings?
3. What is known as Higgledy-Piggledy?
4. To what facility is Fred moved after the accident?
5. What does Mrs. Martinez lift out of a wicker washing-basket to show to Daisy?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)