|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Fred's bicycle accident?
(a) A horse and cart.
(b) A motor car.
(c) Another bicyclist.
(d) A trolley.
2. In Part 1, Section 7, who does Fred think would not be able to tell him about Daisy's "marriageable class"?
(b) His father.
(c) The Provost.
(d) George Holcombe.
3. Who is the the Senior Registrar at the hospital?
(a) Dr. Sage.
(b) The Matron.
(c) Katie Sedley.
(d) Ward Sister.
4. AT the beginning of Part 2, Section 11, what does James Elder do on January 16th, 1912?
(a) He commits a crime and is arrested.
(b) He jumps into the Thames.
(c) He accidentally falls into the Thames.
(d) He boards a sprat-boat.
5. Who is Fred displeased to see at the debate?
(b) The Provost.
(c) Miss Saunders.
6. Why is Fred writing Daisy?
(a) For information regarding an accident.
(b) To invite her to Cambridge.
(c) For the pleasure of it.
(d) To ask her for a photo.
7. In Part 1, Section 5, who is a former choirboy?
(a) Dr. Matthews.
(c) Fred's father.
(d) Fred's best friend.
8. Whom does Fred want to find in Part 1, Section 7?
(a) The farmer's son.
(b) The cart driver.
(c) The witness to the accident.
(d) Daisy Saunders.
9. Who are the Fellows of Angels?
(a) Professors and philosophers.
(b) Philosophers and scientists.
(c) Writers and artists.
(d) Mathematicians and scientists.
10. What extends beyond the college buildings?
(a) An overgrown footpath.
(b) The ivy walkway.
(c) A high brick wall.
(d) The cellars.
11. In Part 1, Section 5, how long has Fred been a Junior Fellow?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
12. Who comes to Fred and his friends' door at Bruckmann's Hotel?
(a) One of the friend's sisters.
(b) Two waitresses and the daughter of the house.
(c) Fred's father.
(d) The President of Cambridge and his assistant.
13. Why does Professor Flowerdew need an assistant?
(a) To help establish a laboratory.
(b) To help develop an atomic model.
(c) To help him with experiments.
(d) To instruct his students in physics.
14. From what century are the instruments that Fred tries to tune?
(a) The fifteenth.
(b) The thirteenth.
(c) The ninth.
(d) The sixteenth.
15. In Part 1, Section 3, who invites Fred up to his office during a downpour at a gathering?
(a) Mr. Fairly.
(b) Professor Flowerdew.
(c) Professor Cavendish.
(d) The Professor Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Fred penning a letter to in Part 1, Section 6?
2. According to Fred, who established the relationship between the speed of objects and the local speed of sound?
3. Who has recently heard the mewing of newborn kittens?
4. In Part 1, Section 2, who will be viewed as indisputably right on the Day of Judgment?
5. According to King James I of England, where should one sleep at Cambridge?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)