|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Section 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Section 7, who does Fred think would not be able to tell him about Daisy's "marriageable class"?
(a) George Holcombe.
(b) His father.
(c) The Provost.
2. What leaving present do Daisy's co-workers give to her?
(a) A traveling salt and pepper set.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A cameo.
3. Who gave Daisy the ring on her wedding finger?
(a) Her deceased father.
(b) Aunt Ellie.
(c) A current boyfriend.
(d) Her mother.
4. What smells filled Daisy's childhood?
(a) Vinegar and gin.
(b) French perfume and fruity wines.
(c) Lavendar and honeysuckle.
(d) Apples and wisteria.
5. From what century are the instruments that Fred tries to tune?
(a) The sixteenth.
(b) The thirteenth.
(c) The ninth.
(d) The fifteenth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Thomas Kelly?
2. What does Fred swerve to avoid while riding his bicycle?
3. Who writes Fred a "truncated" note that rattles on about Fred's position at the college?
4. Why is Dr. Matthews attending the debate?
5. Why is Daisy going to Cambridge?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)