|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many urgent messages await Fred when he returns after bicycling?
2. How old is Fred's college?
(a) Over 1000 years old.
(b) Over 800 years old.
(c) Over 600 years old.
(d) Over 500 years old.
3. What is one of Fred's friend's reaction to the news that Fred has been offered a post?
(a) The friend bursts into tears.
(b) The friend gets angry.
(c) The friend laughs.
(d) The friend shrugs.
4. How old did Pope Benedict live to be?
(a) Over 75 years old.
(b) Over 90 years old.
(c) Over 80 years old.
(d) Over 100 years old.
5. According to Dr. Matthews, who would have been considered heretics in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.
(a) Writers and artists.
(b) Geologists and paleontologists.
(c) Philosophers and historians.
(d) Mathematicians and scientists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of family does Fred come from?
2. In Part 1, Section 1, which city is home to "logic and reason?"
3. Who writes Fred a "truncated" note that rattles on about Fred's position at the college?
4. What is known as Higgledy-Piggledy?
5. In what year does the story begin?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)