|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets the trap for the Scottish troops to encircle Will and Wat?
2. How does Gideon respond to the idea of being exchanged for Harvey?
3. How does the fight between Francis and Richard end?
4. Who has hired Bullo to spy for them?
5. According to Francis, what is Patey's involvement with the jewelry Mariotta has received?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Francis release Gideon and what request does he have for him?
2. How is Johnie Bullo exposed?
3. What does Sybilla explain to Richard in Dumbarton?
4. How is Francis cornered and captured in Part 4, Chapter 1?
5. What is Richard's response to the anonymous jewelry that Mariotta has been receiving?
6. How does Richard react to hearing the news of Mariotta's association with Francis?
7. What does Francis tell Richard about Mariotta in the wilderness, and how does Richard respond?
8. What happens when Richard challenges Francis to a fight, and how does Francis stop the spy from reaching England?
9. Why does Will inform Wat of Francis's location and what is the result?
10. What happens to Mariotta on her way home, and how does she encounter Francis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Game of Kings ends with the trial of Francis and the reuniting of the family.
1) Analyze the time that Francis and Richard spend in the wilderness, why it changes Richard's opinions of Francis, and how Francis is captured.
2) Describe Will's efforts to help Francis and the valuable information that he presents at the trial.
3) Explain how Sybilla solves the mystery of the anonymous jewelry, and how the confession she obtains helps Francis.
4) Describe the outcome of the trial and the reunion of the family at the story's conclusion.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Agnes Herries, including her characteristics, demeanor, status, and background. Also, provide examples of how her personality is displayed, the reasons why she is living at Midculter, and her opposition to the arranged marriage she is scheduled to participate in.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Francis tests Will before allowing him to join the group. Include an analysis of why Francis is skeptical of Will at first, Will's reasons for volunteering, the three key elements that Will's character adds to the story and Francis' character, as well as the first mission that he and Francis embark on.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)