|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Richard originally planning to take Francis before he decides to help him cross the border?
2. Which country does the Scottish parliament choose to enter an alliance with in Part 4, Chapter 2?
3. How does Richard react to learning the Mariotta is with Francis?
(a) He becomes sad.
(b) He acts disinterested in her.
(c) He reveals his true feelings for her.
(d) He becomes confused.
4. Where is the person that made the glove located?
(a) St. Johnstone.
5. Who accompanies Mariotta to visit Lady Hunter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose signature does Francis forge in Part 3, Chapter 4?
2. What does Richard threaten to do before leaving Mariotta in Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. What causes Kate to enjoy Francis's company?
4. How is Gideon's approach with the English described?
5. What happens to Will during the battle with Francis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Will inform Wat of Francis's location and what is the result?
2. How does Gideon obtain information about Francis in Part 3, Chapter 4?
3. How is Francis freed in Threave, and what does Will learn while being imprisoned there?
4. How long has Richard been away, and what are his intentions when returning in Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. How do Kate's feelings towards Francis change?
6. How is Francis cornered and captured in Part 4, Chapter 1?
7. What two things bring Maxwell to the party?
8. How does the Queen's illness lead to Tom's proposal for Christian?
9. What changes Richard's mind about Francis, and how are their plans interrupted?
10. What is Richard's response to the anonymous jewelry that Mariotta has been receiving?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)