|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis understand about the jewelry Mariotta has received?
(a) Why she thinks it came from him.
(b) Why she misinterpreted it.
(c) Why she appreciated it.
(d) Why she does not think it came from him.
2. Who is sent to retrieve the spy that was found within the castle walls?
(a) Will and Tom.
(b) Richard and Tom.
(c) Will, Richard, and Tom.
(d) Will and Richard.
3. Who is Christian staying with in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Maxwells.
(c) The Hunters.
4. What is Christian's response to Tom's proposal in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) She changes the subject.
(b) She declines.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She accepts.
5. Which word best describes the child that Richard finds with Sybilla in Part 3, Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard initially want as Part 4, Chapter 3 begins?
2. Where does Will wound Francis in Part 4, Chapter 1?
3. What does Sybilla urge Richard to do in Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. Who opens the trap door that allows Will to escape in Part 4, Chapter 1?
5. Which of the following is not one of Richard's reactions to Mariotta's jewelry situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Francis and Richard end up in the wilderness without the Scottish army?
2. What changes Richard's mind about Francis, and how are their plans interrupted?
3. Why does Francis release Gideon and what request does he have for him?
4. What marriages are taking place at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. How does Francis disband his group, and who is left?
6. What is the conversation between Mariotta and Dandy as they prepare for the party?
7. How is Johnie Bullo exposed?
8. Where does Richard's search for the glove maker take him?
9. How long has Richard been away, and what are his intentions when returning in Part 3, Chapter 3?
10. What two things bring Maxwell to the party?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)