|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As revealed in Part 1, Chapter 3, where does Christian travel to as an aide to Queen Mary?
2. How does the stranger speak to Christian and Sym when he first awakes?
(a) He remains silent.
(c) In circles.
(d) With only a few words.
3. What does Sybilla hire Bullo to do in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Turn copper into gold.
(b) Turn silver into gold.
(c) Turn bronze into gold.
(d) Turn lead into gold.
4. What type of treatment does Crawford's group get from Molly at the inn?
(a) Below average.
5. How does Will compare Francis's liquor tolerance with his own?
(a) Both Francis and Will have the same liquor tolerance.
(b) Francis's liquor tolerance exceeds Will's.
(c) Francis has a large liquor tolerance, but Will does not drink.
(d) Will's liquor tolerance exceeds Francis's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is left at the scene of the shooting after the Papingo contest?
2. Who typically visits the ale houses at night?
3. How does Mariotta react to her husband's absence?
4. Who is the intended recipient of Agnes's written gifts?
5. Which of the following is not something that is discovered about the stranger in Part 1, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will learn from Francis during his first month with the army?
2. What does Will discover about Francis in Chapter 2, Part 1?
3. What happens in the battle between the Scottish and the English in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. What is the topic of conversation for Tom Erskine and Wat Buccleuch in the Opening Gambit?
5. How does Francis decide if Will should be allowed to join the group?
6. How does Will describe the men at Francis's camp after his first month there?
7. How is Catherine Hunter described, and what is her situation?
8. What are some of the problems that Dandy is having?
9. What request does Grey have for Gideon?
10. What is the Philosopher's Stone experiment?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)