|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the stranger speak to Christian and Sym when he first awakes?
(a) With only a few words.
(b) He remains silent.
(d) In circles.
2. How long does Sym request permission to leave for in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Forty five minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Thirty minutes.
3. How does Buccleuch describe his son, Will, in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Acting foolish, but not arrogant.
(b) Neither arrogant nor acting foolish.
(c) Arrogant, but not acting foolish.
(d) Arrogant and acting foolish.
4. Where does Sym find the unconscious stranger dressed in English clothes?
(a) In a house.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In the muck.
(d) In the river.
5. What kind of a leader is Will looking to be aligned with when he approaches Francis?
(a) One with clear principles.
(b) One with a sense of adventure.
(c) One with a large army.
(d) One with a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Francis' camp described in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. What happens when Richard attempts to shoot Francis in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. How does Francis pay his soldiers?
4. How many Crawford brothers are there?
5. Which of the following is not something that is discovered about the stranger in Part 1, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Francis obtain the letter left for him at the Somerville home?
2. What happens when Will and Wat cross paths in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. What is the result of the reunion of Francis and his family at Midculter in the Opening Gambit?
4. What is the Philosopher's Stone experiment?
5. How does Francis assemble the men for his campaign?
6. What good news do the soldiers bring in Part 1, Chapter 2, and what news does Christian bring to the stranger?
7. How does Francis enter Scotland in the Opening Gambit?
8. What is the topic of conversation for Tom Erskine and Wat Buccleuch in the Opening Gambit?
9. How does Will describe the men at Francis's camp after his first month there?
10. What are some of the problems that Dandy is having?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)