|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will wound Francis in Part 4, Chapter 1?
(a) The ribs.
(b) The leg.
(c) The shoulder.
(d) The back.
2. What does Bullo use to disguise the alchemy experiment in its final stages?
(a) He turns off the lights in the room.
(b) He fills the room with smoke.
(c) He uses a big curtain to hide behind.
(d) He uses a wooden box to block the view.
3. Which word best describes the child that Richard finds with Sybilla in Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. What are Richard's intentions as he returns home in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) To apologize to Mariotta.
(b) To question Mariotta.
(c) To ignore Mariotta.
(d) To divorce Mariotta.
5. What does Richard begin talking about in order to prevent Francis from losing the will to live?
(a) The war.
(b) The future.
(c) Their childhood.
(d) The things they have in common.
6. Who accompanies Mariotta to visit Lady Hunter?
7. Where is Richard originally planning to take Francis before he decides to help him cross the border?
8. What is the only way to free Christian?
(a) Francis's surrender.
(b) Francis's share of the money.
(c) Francis's allegance to England.
(d) Francis's allegance to Scotland.
9. How does the fight between Francis and Richard end?
(a) It is interrupted by a messenger.
(b) Without a victory.
(c) Francis wins.
(d) Richard wins.
10. What does Jamie tell Richard about the name of the person who purchased the glove?
(a) He does not remember the name left.
(b) There were several names left.
(c) The glove was delivered to a person named Tom.
(d) There was no name left.
11. What does Christian order when she learns of Francis's capture?
(a) That he be moved and treated gentler.
(b) That he be released.
(c) That he be given a fair trial.
(d) That he be questioned.
12. Which one of the following is not something that Will learns from Francis in Part 4, Chapter 1?
(a) Francis did not steal and return Gideon's animals.
(b) Francis did not intend to sell Will as a prisoner.
(c) Francis did not deal with both governments.
(d) Francis did not commit the murders he is accused of.
13. How long are Francis and Richard in the wilderness?
14. What does Margaret help Gideon realize?
(a) That Francis was less dangerous than he had thought.
(b) That Francis was more dangerous than he had thought.
(c) That Francis was not the man who stole and returned his animals.
(d) That Francis was the stranger who stole and returned his animals.
15. Who rescues Gideon during a battle in Part 3, Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard initially want as Part 4, Chapter 3 begins?
2. What does Francis do before sending his men away in Part 4, Chapter 1?
3. How many minutes is Francis given to surrender before the cellar is blown up?
4. Who informs Francis of Harvey's death?
5. Who accompanies Christian to care for the Queen in Part 3, Chapter 2?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)