|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Francis with when he mourns Christian's death?
(a) Kate, Gideon, and Will.
(b) Only Kate.
(c) Kate and Gideon.
(d) Gideon and Will.
2. What does Francis do before sending his men away in Part 4, Chapter 1?
(a) He gives them supplies.
(b) He gives them advice.
(c) He pays them.
(d) He pays them, he gives them supplies, and he gives them advice.
3. What does Francis inform Richard of in the wilderness?
(a) That he did send the jewelry to Mariotta.
(b) That he can find out who sent the jewelry to Mariotta.
(c) That he knows who sent the jewelry to Mariotta.
(d) That he did not send the jewelry to Mariotta.
4. Who informs Francis of Harvey's death?
5. How is Gideon's approach with the English described?
(a) He is more of a speaker than a listener.
(b) He is neither a listener nor a speaker.
(c) He is both a listener and a speaker.
(d) He is more of a listener than a speaker.
6. Which word best describes the child that Richard finds with Sybilla in Part 3, Chapter 3?
7. Where does Mariotta seek shelter during her miscarriage?
(a) A cave.
(b) A house.
(c) A tower.
(d) A castle.
8. Why is Francis concerned about Christian's involvement in his imprisonment?
(a) He thinks it might make it harder for him to escape.
(b) He thinks it might damage her reputation.
(c) He thinks it might put her in danger.
(d) He thinks it might give people the wrong impression.
9. What does Margaret help Gideon realize?
(a) That Francis was more dangerous than he had thought.
(b) That Francis was the stranger who stole and returned his animals.
(c) That Francis was not the man who stole and returned his animals.
(d) That Francis was less dangerous than he had thought.
10. What does Richard attempt to find out about the glove when he takes it and leaves?
(a) Who purchased it.
(b) When it was purchased.
(c) Why it was left.
(d) Where the other glove is.
11. Who does Sybilla confront about Richard's absence and Mariotta's jewelry?
12. Who does Mariotta assume the jewels are from?
13. Who sets the trap for the Scottish troops to encircle Will and Wat?
14. Besides Francis, who remains after the army is disbanded?
(a) Turkey Matt and Rooster Sam.
(b) Will and Rooster Sam.
(c) Will and Turkey Matt.
(d) Rooster Sam, Turkey Matt, and Will.
15. Which one of the following is not something that Will learns from Francis in Part 4, Chapter 1?
(a) Francis did not commit the murders he is accused of.
(b) Francis did not intend to sell Will as a prisoner.
(c) Francis did not steal and return Gideon's animals.
(d) Francis did not deal with both governments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will wound Francis in Part 4, Chapter 1?
2. How does Sym try to protect Christian from Lennox?
3. Who has hired Bullo to spy for them?
4. According to Francis, what is Patey's involvement with the jewelry Mariotta has received?
5. What does Sybilla urge Richard to do in Part 3, Chapter 3?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)