|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who typically visits the ale houses at night?
(a) Off duty officers and noblemen.
(b) Only noblemen.
(c) Neither off duty officers nor noblemen.
(d) Only off duty officers.
2. Why is the land guard the heaviest in front of the gate at the Endinburgh castle?
(a) The guards were paid to be there by the Crawfords.
(b) The British were interested in destroying it.
(c) That is the house of Queen Mary.
(d) They knew that Francis would be there.
3. What battle is described in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) The Battle of Carberry Hill.
(b) The Battle of Langside.
(c) The Battle of Ancrum Moor.
(d) The Battle of Pinkie.
4. Where is Lymond waiting when Kate first discovers him?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The living room.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The music room.
5. What does Richard need Wat's help with in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Securing the border.
(b) Finding Jonathan Crouch.
(c) Creating a diversion.
(d) Finding Francis.
6. How many Crawford brothers are there?
7. What is left at the scene of the shooting after the Papingo contest?
(a) A broken bow.
(b) A glove.
(c) A broken arrow.
(d) A boot.
8. What disguises do Francis and Will use when crossing the border into England?
(a) Officer and scout.
(b) Messenger and aide.
9. How old is Lady Hunter?
10. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Agnes Herries in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Unusually anxious.
(b) Not very good looking.
11. How common is smuggling in Scotland during this time in "Opening Gambit"?
(a) Fairly common.
(b) Overwhelmingly common.
(c) Not common at all.
(d) Somewhat common.
12. How is Lady hunter described?
(a) Bitter and judgmental.
(b) Bitter and calculating.
(c) Judgmental and calculating.
(d) Bitter, judgmental, and calculating.
13. How is Bullo's transmutation process described?
(a) Lengthy and expensive.
(b) Lengthy, but not expensive.
(c) Neither lengthy nor expensive.
(d) Expensive, but not lengthy.
14. How does the stranger speak to Christian and Sym when he first awakes?
(a) He remains silent.
(c) In circles.
(d) With only a few words.
15. What happens to the Scottish child queen after the battle in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) She is saved by Francis.
(b) She is missing.
(c) She remains safe.
(d) It is not revealed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What side of the war does Wat think that Francis and his army are aligned with?
2. Where does Lady Hunter remain every day?
3. What does Sybilla hire Bullo to do in Part 2, Chapter 2?
4. How does Richard respond to the anonymous jewels that Mariotta is wearing?
5. How do Dandy's peers respond to his situation with his mother?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)