|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francis return to the Midculter castle?
(a) To evacuate it.
(b) To protect it.
(c) To hide in it.
(d) To plunder it.
2. How does Richard react to the anonymous shooting at the Papingo shoot?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is confused.
3. How are Francis's battle strategies described?
(a) Brilliant in planning, but not execution.
(b) Ineffective in both planning and execution.
(c) Brilliant in both plan and execution.
(d) Ineffective in planning, but not execution.
4. Who joins Francis at the Midculter castle in the "Opening Gambit"?
(a) Sybilla, Mariotta, and Janet.
(b) Mariotta, Janet, and Richard.
(c) Sybilla, Janet, and Richard.
(d) Sybilla, Mariotta, Janet, and Richard.
5. How much do Francis's soldiers have in common?
(b) A little.
(c) A lot.
(d) A moderate amount.
6. What good news do the soldiers bring in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) The Scottish troops have surrounded the English.
(b) The Scottish troops have defeated the English.
(c) The Scottish troops have doubled in size.
(d) The Scottish troops have recruited Francis's army.
7. How long has Will been traveling with Francis when he reflects about his journey in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
8. How does Will compare Francis's liquor tolerance with his own?
(a) Francis has a large liquor tolerance, but Will does not drink.
(b) Francis's liquor tolerance exceeds Will's.
(c) Both Francis and Will have the same liquor tolerance.
(d) Will's liquor tolerance exceeds Francis's.
9. How is Lady hunter described?
(a) Judgmental and calculating.
(b) Bitter, judgmental, and calculating.
(c) Bitter and judgmental.
(d) Bitter and calculating.
10. What type of discussion does Will observe between Francis and Richard at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
11. What does Grey anticipate in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) That Francis will try to avoid Gideon's home.
(b) That Francis will pass Gideon's home.
(c) That Gideon will contact Francis.
(d) That Francis will contact Gideon.
12. What piece of information does Christian give to the stranger before leaving?
(a) Who has captured Jonathan Crouch.
(b) Why he must stay in the cave until she returns.
(c) When she will be returning.
(d) Where he can hide for an extended period of time.
13. Where does Lady Hunter remain every day?
(a) In the guest room.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In her bedroom.
(d) In the living room.
14. Where is Lymond waiting when Kate first discovers him?
(a) The music room.
(b) The front porch.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The living room.
15. How does the stranger speak to Christian and Sym when he first awakes?
(a) With only a few words.
(c) In circles.
(d) He remains silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the maritime vessel that arrives in Scotland in the Opening Gambit?
2. Which one of the following is not part of the services of Francis's soldiers?
3. What kind of a leader is Will looking to be aligned with when he approaches Francis?
4. How is Francis' camp described in Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. How does the stranger's health improve in Part 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)