|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mungo Tennant described in the "Opening Gambit"?
(a) The greatest player.
(b) The silent player.
(c) The worst player.
(d) The outspoken player.
2. What does Grey ask Gideon to give to Francis?
(a) A letter.
(b) A treaty.
3. How long has Agnes been engaged to John Hamilton?
(a) Since birth.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) One month.
4. As revealed in Part 1, Chapter 3, where does Christian travel to as an aide to Queen Mary?
5. How does Francis learn Will's identity?
(a) He is informed by Will's father.
(b) He is informed by Will's brother.
(c) Through an anonymous message that is deleivered to him.
(d) Through process of elimination.
6. Staying away from home, what is Richard's intent in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To ensure Scotland's freedom.
(b) To prevent Francis from leading his army.
(c) To gather more men for the Scottish army.
(d) To find information about the English.
7. What good news do the soldiers bring in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) The Scottish troops have recruited Francis's army.
(b) The Scottish troops have surrounded the English.
(c) The Scottish troops have defeated the English.
(d) The Scottish troops have doubled in size.
8. What is shot from a high branch during a Papingo shoot?
9. Why is the land guard the heaviest in front of the gate at the Endinburgh castle?
(a) They knew that Francis would be there.
(b) That is the house of Queen Mary.
(c) The guards were paid to be there by the Crawfords.
(d) The British were interested in destroying it.
10. How does Francis pay his soldiers?
(a) They are underpaid.
(b) They are paid an average amount.
(c) They are not paid.
(d) They are well paid.
11. What type of work does Patey Liddell do?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a goldsmith.
(c) He is a carpenter.
(d) He is a banker.
12. How are Francis's battle strategies described?
(a) Ineffective in both planning and execution.
(b) Ineffective in planning, but not execution.
(c) Brilliant in planning, but not execution.
(d) Brilliant in both plan and execution.
13. How does Lady Christian discover that the stranger is young?
(a) She hears his age in his voice.
(b) She asks him his age.
(c) She is informed by Sym.
(d) She feels his face.
14. Who accompanies Sybilla to the Papingo shoot?
(a) Only Mariotta and Catherine.
(b) Mariotta, Catherine, and Tom.
(c) Only Catherine.
(d) Only Catherine and Tom.
15. How does Richard respond to the anonymous jewels that Mariotta is wearing?
(a) He is saddened by them.
(b) He is angered by them.
(c) He is confused by them.
(d) He is oblivious to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Will been traveling with Francis when he reflects about his journey in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. How does Buccleuch describe his son, Will, in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What does Mungo Tennant use to smuggle goods?
4. Where is Sam Harvey scheduled to travel in order to meet with Francis?
5. What does Sybilla hire Bullo to do in Part 2, Chapter 2?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)