|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Agnes been engaged to John Hamilton?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Since birth.
(d) One month.
2. Why is the land guard the heaviest in front of the gate at the Endinburgh castle?
(a) The British were interested in destroying it.
(b) The guards were paid to be there by the Crawfords.
(c) That is the house of Queen Mary.
(d) They knew that Francis would be there.
3. How does Mariotta react to her husband's absence?
(a) She is impatient.
(b) She is waiting patiently.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She understands it.
4. What disguises do Francis and Will use when crossing the border into England?
(b) Officer and scout.
(c) Messenger and aide.
5. How does Francis pay his soldiers?
(a) They are not paid.
(b) They are paid an average amount.
(c) They are well paid.
(d) They are underpaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed when Agnes falls in the river?
2. What does Mungo Tennant use to smuggle goods?
3. What happens to the Scottish child queen after the battle in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. How does the stranger speak to Christian and Sym when he first awakes?
5. What type of discussion does Will observe between Francis and Richard at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)