|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, in what decade did this man put forth the idea of "birth trauma"?
2. How does Freud make his conclusion on DaVinci's sexual preference?
3. What does Freud frequently write about being connected to incestuous feelings?
4. What does Freud say is the part of the session when many patients give the best information?
5. What year was this author's work, "Totemism and Exogamy" published?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do some tribes view totem animals in relation to ancestors?
2. What is ambivalence, according to Freud?
3. How does Freud describe male homosexual mothers?
4. What is the theme of "The Theme of the Three Caskets"?
5. What does Freud mention being a common factor in homosexuals?
6. How are symptoms destroyed, according to Freud?
7. According to Freud, when does criminality usually occur within a person?
8. What is a totem?
9. What does Freud say governs the reality principle?
10. According to Freud, what would not bode well within a patient therapist relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Freud mean when he refers to the term "Wild" psycho-analysis? What deems something as "wild" in the field of psychology? What does Freud mention about distortion between therapist and patient?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between pleasure the principle and the reality principle? Why do people that live under the pleasure principle confuse fantasy for fact? Give examples from the book and explain what ramifications this difference might have on a patient.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Freud refute the term "subconscious" and refer to it as double mindedness or double conscience. What is the difference between double mindedness and subconscious? Reference the book in your essay to support your statements.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)