|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud view homosexuality?
2. With what does Freud suggest incestuous repression is involved?
3. What does Freud say is the foremost force to setting motion in therapy?
4. How many sections does Freud say most patients divide their therapy in?
5. How does Freud describe psychoanalysis at the beginning of "Psychoanalysis in Culture"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud mention being a common factor in homosexuals?
2. When are totem animal's names used?
3. How does Freud view homosexuality?
4. What does Freud say about homosexuals in relation to woman?
5. What does Carl Jung write about on Indian men and homosexuality?
6. What is predominately related to incestuous feelings according to Freud?
7. Which daughter does Freud discuss bringing the most competitive jealousies within a family?
8. According to Freud, when does criminality usually occur within a person?
9. What is ambivalence, according to Freud?
10. What is the theme of "The Theme of the Three Caskets"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Considering Anna O., one of Freud's first and classical patients of psychotherapy, how do you think her illness contributed to the field of psychology? What discovery was made through Anna O.'s treatment? Provide examples and quote the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss 'Dora' and her therapy's contribution to the field of psychology. Why was Freud puzzled about Dora? What did Freud discover about a patient's therapy in relation to their family? Give specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Freud's findings on bisexuality. What childhood factors contribute to one's sexual desire? What does Freud say about children at the age of five and twelve? How is that relevant to bisexuality?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)