|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What system of Freud's is dominated by the "talking" or "listening" cure?
2. What will therapists insist upon in a situation like 'Dora'?
3. What did the nicknamed patient repeatedly suffer from in "Character and Anal Eroticism"?
4. How long does Dora's analysis last?
5. How many sections of introductory material are in this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in radical transformation?
2. Explain what was paradoxical about Freud's attitude toward philosophy.
3. What happens in the pre-pubescent latency period?
4. What was Charcot able to decipher in both men and women?
5. Briefly describe the Vienna Psychoanalytic Society.
6. What does Freud say about repressed material?
7. What did the doctor's find was making 'Dora' verge on suicidal behavior?
8. What is happening to Anna O. that is making her sick?
9. What does Freud's paper published in 1908 address?
10. What are some of the conditions to having an effective psycho-analysis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Freud discuss as being a common factor in the male homosexuals he analyzed? What does he mention in regards to a homosexual's mother and father?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between pleasure the principle and the reality principle? Why do people that live under the pleasure principle confuse fantasy for fact? Give examples from the book and explain what ramifications this difference might have on a patient.
Essay Topic 3
What does Freud mean when he refers to the term "Wild" psycho-analysis? What deems something as "wild" in the field of psychology? What does Freud mention about distortion between therapist and patient?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)