|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Final Paper focus on in the Chapter "Character and Anal Eroticism"?
2. What does "The Sexual Aberrations" section address?
3. What does Freud comment on at the end of "The Final Paper"?
4. What does the editor say about the patient's healing in "The Making of Psychoanalysis"?
5. What is the term for when a child has adoration for his or her parent that is adopted in another member of the opposite sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe why Sigmund Freud is important to the field of psychology.
2. What happens to Rat Man, the patient who has obsessional neurosis?
3. What does Freud suggest is important for the patient to do in therapy?
4. What two feelings greatly support the therapy process dealing with transference?
5. Briefly describe the Vienna Psychoanalytic Society.
6. What is specifically difficult about the subject of psychology?
7. What are the three sexual preferences Freud discusses in great length and briefly describe them.
8. What did the doctor's find was making 'Dora' verge on suicidal behavior?
9. What does Freud say neuroses are linked to?
10. What is happening to Anna O. that is making her sick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In relation to therapy, why is it important that sometimes a patient has to forgo immediate pleasures for superior pleasure later on? Give examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What does Freud mean when he refers to the term "Wild" psycho-analysis? What deems something as "wild" in the field of psychology? What does Freud mention about distortion between therapist and patient?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what complexes are. What should the therapist do when he or she cannot see his or her patient's complexes? Why is it important for their to be a lack of censorship between patient and therapist? Give examples from the book.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)