|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is a typical therapeutic session?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) An hour and a half.
2. What is the first rule to the psychoanalytic theory?
(a) To be present in all sessions.
(b) To physically like your therapist.
(c) To have an open mind.
(d) To be entirely honest and not censor oneself.
3. What two types of libido's are mentioned in "Transitions and Revisions"?
(a) Trust and distrust.
(b) Ego and object.
(c) Love and lust.
(d) Sexual and platonic.
4. What does Freud rename the term 'subconscious'?
(c) An impulse.
(d) One's innate desires.
5. What does Freud find to be a consistent connection to his homosexual patients?
(a) An erotic connection between mother and son.
(b) An erotic connection between father and son.
(c) A neurotic connection between mother and son.
(d) A mental connection between father and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other topic does Freud mention with totem?
2. Which famous painter does Freud NOT mention in "Therapy and Technique"?
3. How does Freud describe a celibate man's homosexuality?
4. What does Freud say the therapist must combine for the patient to open up to his or her therapist?
5. According to Freud, how does a narcissistic individual treat his or her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud say are complexes?
2. How does Freud define narcissism?
3. How are symptoms destroyed, according to Freud?
4. What is predominately related to incestuous feelings according to Freud?
5. What is the theme of "The Theme of the Three Caskets"?
6. According to Freud, what will a therapist usually meet with in the beginning treatments of therapy?
7. What is a totem?
8. What does Freud say about how a narcissistic person treats his or her body?
9. What is ambivalence, according to Freud?
10. According to Freud, what would not bode well within a patient therapist relationship?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)