|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say the therapist must combine for the patient to open up to his or her therapist?
(b) Ask questions.
(c) Patience and insistence.
(d) Listen and don't talk.
2. What sheer coincidence is mentioned in "Psychoanalysis in Culture" about Freud that relates to competitive jealousy?
(a) His third and youngest daughter become of especial interest to him.
(b) He thought this was irrelevant to the subject.
(c) He liked his oldest daughter the best.
(d) He was jealous too.
3. According to Freud, what type of man is most likely to withhold information during therapy?
(a) A divorced man.
(b) Men with repressed homosexual material.
(c) An actor.
(d) A man who is a CEO.
4. What does Freud frequently write about being connected to incestuous feelings?
(a) Conscious material.
(c) Being nurse fed.
(d) Unconscious material.
5. According to Freud, what type of woman is most likely to withhold information during therapy?
(a) A sexually assaulted woman.
(b) A woman who is a CEO.
(c) An actress.
(d) A divorced woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud describe psychoanalysis at the beginning of "Psychoanalysis in Culture"?
2. What does Freud say is the part of the session when many patients give the best information?
3. What does Freud say is a weakness of the philosophy on the unconscious?
4. What part of the body is addressed in the two accounts on this Biblical figure?
5. According to Freud, how does a narcissistic individual treat his or her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do some tribes view totem animals in relation to ancestors?
2. According to Freud, what will a therapist usually meet with in the beginning treatments of therapy?
3. Why does Freud rename the subconscious?
4. What does Freud say about how a narcissistic person treats his or her body?
5. What does Freud say about the Oedipal Complex?
6. According to Freud, what would not bode well within a patient therapist relationship?
7. What does Freud mention being a common factor in homosexuals?
8. Which daughter does Freud discuss bringing the most competitive jealousies within a family?
9. What is ambivalence, according to Freud?
10. Why does Freud mention the two famous painters in "Therapy and Technique"?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)