|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first rule to the psychoanalytic theory?
(a) To physically like your therapist.
(b) To have an open mind.
(c) To be entirely honest and not censor oneself.
(d) To be present in all sessions.
2. What does Freud say happens to the animal in totem when it is killed as a need for food?
(a) It is taboo.
(b) It is offered apologies.
(c) It dies.
(d) It is sacrificed only for the survival of humans.
3. What does Freud say about homosexual men in relation to women?
(a) They are usually attracted to women.
(b) They are their best shopping partner.
(c) They hate their smell.
(d) They are disgusted by female bodies.
4. According to Freud, what type of man is most likely to withhold information during therapy?
(a) An actor.
(b) A divorced man.
(c) A man who is a CEO.
(d) Men with repressed homosexual material.
5. With what does Freud suggest incestuous repression is involved?
(d) Neuroses and neurotic patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sheer coincidence is mentioned in "Psychoanalysis in Culture" about Freud that relates to competitive jealousy?
2. What does Freud say is cause for criminality to emerge?
3. What does Freud connect to incestuous feelings?
4. What other work was being done in the field of psychology at the same time as the "birth trauma"?
5. What is the theme of "The Theme of the Three Caskets"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are symptoms destroyed, according to Freud?
2. According to Freud, what is double mindedness or double conscience?
3. What does Freud say are complexes?
4. What is predominately related to incestuous feelings according to Freud?
5. Why does Freud mention the two famous painters in "Therapy and Technique"?
6. What characteristic traits does Leonardo DaVinci look for in his students?
7. What does Freud say about the Oedipal Complex?
8. When are totem animal's names used?
9. What does Freud say governs the reality principle?
10. How does Freud define narcissism?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)