|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud make his conclusion on DaVinci's sexual preference?
(a) Everyone knew it.
(b) He spoke with DaVinci.
(c) He was not romantic or sexual with anyone during his lifetime.
(d) DaVinci's diary was published and he said he was a celibate man.
2. What sheer coincidence is mentioned in "Psychoanalysis in Culture" about Freud that relates to competitive jealousy?
(a) He thought this was irrelevant to the subject.
(b) He was jealous too.
(c) He liked his oldest daughter the best.
(d) His third and youngest daughter become of especial interest to him.
3. What does Freud rename the term 'subconscious'?
(b) One's innate desires.
(c) An impulse.
4. What does Freud find to be a consistent connection to his homosexual patients?
(a) A neurotic connection between mother and son.
(b) A mental connection between father and son.
(c) An erotic connection between mother and son.
(d) An erotic connection between father and son.
5. What does Freud specifically mention will not 'bode' well between therapist and patient?
(b) If the patient makes a sexual advance on their therapist.
(c) If the patient admits withholding information.
(d) If the therapist makes a sexual advance on their patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say about the majority of people's knowledge?
2. According to Freud, what type of man is most likely to withhold information during therapy?
3. What is suggested at the end of "Psycho-Analysis in Culture, Leonardo DaVinci" about society's views of mental health care?
4. What does Freud refer to when a person both loves and hates a person, a condition or thing?
5. According to Freud, how is narcissism described in its simplest form?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which daughter does Freud discuss bringing the most competitive jealousies within a family?
2. What is the theme of "The Theme of the Three Caskets"?
3. What does Freud say about the Oedipal Complex?
4. What characteristic traits does Leonardo DaVinci look for in his students?
5. When are totem animal's names used?
6. What is a totem?
7. What does Freud say governs the reality principle?
8. How does Freud describe male homosexual mothers?
9. What is ambivalence, according to Freud?
10. What is predominately related to incestuous feelings according to Freud?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)