|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term for when a child has adoration for his or her parent that is adopted in another member of the opposite sex?
(b) Infantile sexuality.
(d) Role reversal.
2. In psychology, what is a major form of organization and research?
(a) A case study.
(b) A draft.
(c) An experiment.
(d) An outline.
3. What did the nicknamed patient repeatedly suffer from in "Character and Anal Eroticism"?
(a) Mild hallucinations.
(b) Difficult thoughts.
(c) Sleep apnea.
(d) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
4. What term does Freud give that describes people who confuse their fantasies for facts?
(a) Pleasure principle.
(b) Hallucination principle.
(c) Reality principle.
(d) Sexual principle.
5. Which of the following does Freud NOT mention therapists should assure their patients will not impede in therapy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud view bisexuality?
2. According to Freud, around what does the study of psychoanalysis revolve?
3. How is Freud being viewed by the culture in the chapter "The Theory of Sexuality"?
4. What happens to the patient that makes her sick in "The Making of Psychoanalysis"?
5. Who does Freud criticize in the beginning of "Therapy and Technique"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freud describe Charcot?
2. What are some of the conditions to having an effective psycho-analysis?
3. What did the doctor's find was making 'Dora' verge on suicidal behavior?
4. Explain what was paradoxical about Freud's attitude toward philosophy.
5. What are social withdrawals and irritability associated with according to Freud?
6. What are the three sexual preferences Freud discusses in great length and briefly describe them.
7. What does Freud repeatedly write that he believes is innate in all of us?
8. What was Charcot able to decipher in both men and women?
9. What is specifically difficult about the subject of psychology?
10. What does Freud say about distortion between the patient and therapist?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)