|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will therapists insist upon in a situation like 'Dora'?
(a) Treatment of the whole family.
(b) To go to the hospital.
(c) An alternative way of treatment.
(d) Stop treatment.
2. What does the editor explain about Freud in the Introduction?
(a) That he is homosexual.
(b) That he is from Austria and is Jewish.
(c) That he was an orphan.
(d) That he has the psychology of being an outsider.
3. How is Freud being viewed by the culture in the chapter "The Theory of Sexuality"?
(a) Successful and popular.
(b) Eager to please.
(c) Smart and brilliant.
(d) Weary of his ideas.
4. In psychology, what is a major form of organization and research?
(a) An outline.
(b) A case study.
(c) An experiment.
(d) A draft.
5. How does Freud view bisexuality?
(a) He doesn't care about bisexuality.
(b) He believes it is hereditary.
(c) He believes it is unrelated to genetics.
(d) He believes it is innate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman who complained about the advice given by her therapist was NOT told to do which of the following?
2. What does Freud refer to as an 'incurable ailment'?
3. According to Freud, around what does the study of psychoanalysis revolve?
4. What became an international organization prior to Freud's death?
5. What does the "Deviations in respect of the sexual object" section address?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud say about repressed material?
2. Explain what was paradoxical about Freud's attitude toward philosophy.
3. Why had sexuality been rejected prior to finding the cause of neuroses?
4. In what language was Freud's original work written and how might this affect Freud's work?
5. What are social withdrawals and irritability associated with according to Freud?
6. How does Freud describe Charcot?
7. What does Freud suggest is important for the patient to do in therapy?
8. What does Freud repeatedly write that he believes is innate in all of us?
9. Briefly describe the Vienna Psychoanalytic Society.
10. Who was 'Dora'?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)