|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of change do sexual instincts undergo during this period of psychoanalysis?
(a) Radical transformation when the ego shifts from pleasure to reality principle.
(b) Denial and anger.
(c) The patient cannot change his or her mind about receiving treatment.
(d) One is cured.
2. What affects the way dream ideas are interpreted?
(a) What REM cycle we are in when analyzing.
(b) The amount of time we sleep.
(c) The goals of understanding the dream.
(d) Our daily schedule.
3. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic for what Freud terms the 'anal character'?
4. What does Freud say is a type of mental pathology?
(a) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
(b) Anxiety neuroses.
5. What term does Freud give that describes people who confuse their fantasies for facts?
(a) Sexual principle.
(b) Hallucination principle.
(c) Reality principle.
(d) Pleasure principle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first official patient of psychotherapy?
2. What characteristics make the "talking" or "listening" cure method most effective?
3. What was the original language of the classic psycho-analysis?
4. What does Freud mention happens when a person endeavors to practice psychoanalysis, but has little experience?
5. What does the "Deviations in respect of the sexual object" section address?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freud describe Charcot?
2. What symptoms did 'Dora' have after experiencing a sexual trauma?
3. What is "Wild" Psycho-Analysis?
4. What did the doctor's find was making 'Dora' verge on suicidal behavior?
5. What does Freud say is the main concern of people's dreams dealing with psycho-therapy?
6. What are social withdrawals and irritability associated with according to Freud?
7. What was Charcot able to decipher in both men and women?
8. According to Freud, what does the norm of having heterosexual parents present?
9. What does Freud say happens to children at twelve years old?
10. Briefly describe why Sigmund Freud is important to the field of psychology.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)