|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say the therapist must combine for the patient to open up to his or her therapist?
(a) Patience and insistence.
(b) Ask questions.
(d) Listen and don't talk.
2. What does Freud say is cause for criminality to emerge?
(a) It's a reaction to a pre-established sense of guilt.
(b) Lack of good home life.
(c) Need for money.
(d) It's a learned behavior.
3. What does Freud mention as one of the main causes of horror within the family?
(a) It cause the daughter to leave.
(b) Someone dies.
(c) It caused a divorce.
(d) It made someone else in the family dangerously jealous.
4. What does Freud say a doctor normally meets in the patient?
5. Which famous painter does Freud NOT mention in "Therapy and Technique"?
(a) Leonardo DaVinci.
(b) Carl Jung.
(d) Sherwin Williams.
6. What does Freud say about homosexual men in relation to women?
(a) They are usually attracted to women.
(b) They are disgusted by female bodies.
(c) They are their best shopping partner.
(d) They hate their smell.
7. What author does Freud mention publishing a four volume work on totem that he used in his own studies?
(a) Brad Frazier.
(b) JG Frazer.
(c) JC Frazier.
(d) JA Fraze.
8. What is suggested at the end of "Psycho-Analysis in Culture, Leonardo DaVinci" about society's views of mental health care?
(a) They like it.
(b) They think it is wise.
(c) They think it is too expensive.
(d) They mock it.
9. What does Freud frequently write about being connected to incestuous feelings?
(a) Conscious material.
(c) Being nurse fed.
(d) Unconscious material.
10. What does Freud say is NOT a sign of a person's general inferiority?
(b) Mental illness.
(d) Neurotic analysis.
11. Which daughter does Freud mention stirring jealousies?
(a) The unborn.
(b) The middle.
(c) The oldest.
(d) The youngest or third.
12. What does the editor explain the libido in terms of?
(b) One's sexual organs.
(c) The ego and in relation to objects.
(d) The mind and heart.
13. How does Freud make his conclusion on DaVinci's sexual preference?
(a) Everyone knew it.
(b) DaVinci's diary was published and he said he was a celibate man.
(c) He spoke with DaVinci.
(d) He was not romantic or sexual with anyone during his lifetime.
14. Who does Freud mention putting forth the notion of "birth trauma"?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) Otto Rank.
(c) O. Rankings.
(d) Otto Ran.
15. How many pages is the paper on the subject of the unconscious?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say about DaVinci?
2. How does Freud define totem?
3. How does Freud describe a celibate man's homosexuality?
4. What animal does Freud mention the Jews make an idol out of?
5. According to Freud, what type of man is most likely to withhold information during therapy?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)