|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Carl Jung mention having an accepted homosexuality outlook?
2. How long is a typical therapeutic session?
(a) Two hours.
(b) An hour and a half.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) An hour.
3. According to Freud, in what decade did this man put forth the idea of "birth trauma"?
4. What is the first rule to the psychoanalytic theory?
(a) To have an open mind.
(b) To be present in all sessions.
(c) To be entirely honest and not censor oneself.
(d) To physically like your therapist.
5. How does Freud define homosexuality?
(a) As an emotional attitude rather than actual behavior.
(b) The same sex liking each other.
(c) He calls it transference.
(d) Secondary to Totem and Taboo.
6. What other topic does Freud mention with totem?
(a) The horror of transference.
(c) Incest taboo.
7. What does Freud claim about the Oedipal complex in relation to human development?
(a) It is of the subconscious.
(b) It creates aggression.
(c) It is a myth.
(d) It is truly vanquished.
8. What does Freud rename the term 'subconscious'?
(b) An impulse.
(c) One's innate desires.
9. According to Freud, what type of man is most likely to withhold information during therapy?
(a) A divorced man.
(b) Men with repressed homosexual material.
(c) An actor.
(d) A man who is a CEO.
10. What does Freud find to be a consistent connection to his homosexual patients?
(a) An erotic connection between mother and son.
(b) A mental connection between father and son.
(c) An erotic connection between father and son.
(d) A neurotic connection between mother and son.
11. What does Freud say about people who think they deserve to be made up to for some injustice that they have endured?
(a) They are stubborn.
(b) They see themselves as exceptions.
(c) They will never get better.
(d) They are ignorant.
12. What does Freud say is needed to reach superior pleasure in therapy?
(a) Foregoing immediate pleasure.
(b) Trusting his or her therapist.
(c) An open mind.
(d) Being honest.
13. What does Freud overtly admit about women?
(a) That he understands them better than men.
(b) That they are born with a different innate sexual desire.
(c) That most do not feel incestuous love.
(d) The differences between women and men precludes an adequate psycho-analytic theory.
14. What does Freud say about predominate cases of incestuous activity?
(a) They are suppressed emotions.
(b) They are genetic.
(c) They aren't physically acted on.
(d) They are physically acted on.
15. What play by Shakespeare was mentioned in "Psychoanalysis in Culture"?
(b) King Lear.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud view homosexuality?
2. How does Freud make his conclusion on DaVinci's sexual preference?
3. What does Freud say about the totem if it is a pet?
4. What does Freud say a doctor normally meets in the patient?
5. By Freud's research on the libido, what is he not excluding on the topic?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)