|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud define narcissism?
(a) When healthy self love has been taken too far.
(b) When a person loves with oneself.
(c) When a person is self-obsessed.
2. What does Freud suggest could avoid homosexuality in males?
(a) Having a mean mother.
(b) Having a more present father.
(c) Watching football.
(d) Playing sports with their father.
3. What is the first rule to the psychoanalytic theory?
(a) To be entirely honest and not censor oneself.
(b) To have an open mind.
(c) To be present in all sessions.
(d) To physically like your therapist.
4. What author does Freud mention publishing a four volume work on totem that he used in his own studies?
(a) JC Frazier.
(b) JG Frazer.
(c) Brad Frazier.
(d) JA Fraze.
5. What does Freud determine about the relationship of homosexual men to their mothers?
(a) They love their mothers so much, they are irreplaceable.
(b) They view their mother as a goddess.
(c) They hate their mother's relationship with their father.
(d) They are more comfortable with their mother.
6. What does Freud refer to when a person both loves and hates a person, a condition or thing?
(a) Over emotional.
(b) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
7. According to Freud, what type of man is most likely to withhold information during therapy?
(a) An actor.
(b) A man who is a CEO.
(c) Men with repressed homosexual material.
(d) A divorced man.
8. What does Freud overtly admit about women?
(a) That they are born with a different innate sexual desire.
(b) That most do not feel incestuous love.
(c) The differences between women and men precludes an adequate psycho-analytic theory.
(d) That he understands them better than men.
9. What does Freud find to be a consistent connection to his homosexual patients?
(a) An erotic connection between mother and son.
(b) A neurotic connection between mother and son.
(c) An erotic connection between father and son.
(d) A mental connection between father and son.
10. What play by Shakespeare was mentioned in "Psychoanalysis in Culture"?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) King Lear.
11. How does Freud term thoughts and behaviors interconnected with the psyche?
12. What is the name of Freud's daughter who is mentioned?
13. According to Freud, what type of woman is most likely to withhold information during therapy?
(a) A sexually assaulted woman.
(b) A woman who is a CEO.
(c) A divorced woman.
(d) An actress.
14. What does Freud deem as DaVinci's characteristic as a painter?
(a) One type of eye shape.
(b) Using only neutral colors.
(c) One type of smile.
(d) Using watercolors.
15. How does Freud define totem?
(a) It is a ritual.
(b) It is part of the Native Indian rituals.
(c) It is a sacrifice.
(d) It is a protected species or subspecies of animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say is needed to reach superior pleasure in therapy?
2. What does Freud specifically mention will not 'bode' well between therapist and patient?
3. What part of the body is addressed in the two accounts on this Biblical figure?
4. What does Freud say happens to the animal in totem when it is killed as a need for food?
5. What does Freud frequently write about being connected to incestuous feelings?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)