|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of love does Freud say is sometimes the best and most true?
2. How does Freud describe a celibate man's homosexuality?
(a) It is more common that people realize.
(b) It is a life of unfulfilled.
(c) It's an action, not emotion.
(d) It's an emotional attitude and not overt behavior.
3. How does Freud describe most homosexual mother's?
(a) Doting and strong.
(b) Strong and energetic.
(c) Energetic and loving.
(d) Obsessive and caring.
4. What does Freud say psycho-analytic treatment begins with?
(a) The desire to get better.
(c) A good patient-therapist relationship.
(d) A search to unveil the trouble beneath symptoms of a patient.
5. How many sections does Freud say most patients divide their therapy in?
6. What does Freud overtly admit about women?
(a) That they are born with a different innate sexual desire.
(b) That most do not feel incestuous love.
(c) That he understands them better than men.
(d) The differences between women and men precludes an adequate psycho-analytic theory.
7. What does Freud say about people who think they deserve to be made up to for some injustice that they have endured?
(a) They see themselves as exceptions.
(b) They are ignorant.
(c) They will never get better.
(d) They are stubborn.
8. How does Freud define narcissism?
(a) When healthy self love has been taken too far.
(c) When a person loves with oneself.
(d) When a person is self-obsessed.
9. What does Freud say is a weakness of the philosophy on the unconscious?
(a) High value placed on the conscious, without including the unconsious.
(b) The lack of scientific research on the unconscious.
(c) Inability to prove its findings.
(d) Inability to test the subject.
10. What does Freud say about Michelangelo's sexuality?
(a) He was homosexual.
(b) He had an intellectual relationship with a woman.
(c) He and DaVinci were lovers.
(d) He was celibate.
11. What does Freud say about homosexual men in relation to women?
(a) They are their best shopping partner.
(b) They are usually attracted to women.
(c) They hate their smell.
(d) They are disgusted by female bodies.
12. Who does Freud mention putting forth the notion of "birth trauma"?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) O. Rankings.
(c) Otto Rank.
(d) Otto Ran.
13. What does Freud rename the term 'subconscious'?
(b) One's innate desires.
(d) An impulse.
14. What does Freud say is the foremost force to setting motion in therapy?
(a) The desire to be released from suffering.
(b) The acceptance of having a problem.
(c) Letting go and letting God.
(d) Making a therapy appointment.
15. What does Freud claim about the Oedipal complex in relation to human development?
(a) It is of the subconscious.
(b) It creates aggression.
(c) It is truly vanquished.
(d) It is a myth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud mention as one of the main causes of horror within the family?
2. How does Freud term thoughts and behaviors interconnected with the psyche?
3. According to Freud, how is narcissism described in its simplest form?
4. What does this entire book cover?
5. What other work was being done in the field of psychology at the same time as the "birth trauma"?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)