|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the remainder of Freud's research in?
(a) Drug addiction.
(b) Mental illness.
2. What is the patient nicknamed in "Obsessional Neuroses"?
(a) Rat Man.
(b) Rat King.
(c) Man King.
(d) Mouse trap.
3. What will therapists insist upon in a situation like 'Dora'?
(a) To go to the hospital.
(b) Treatment of the whole family.
(c) Stop treatment.
(d) An alternative way of treatment.
4. In the chapter, "Dreams" what is the main concern dealing with dreams?
(a) That dreams can never be effectively interpreted.
(b) That they tell our biggest fears.
(c) That no one ever remembers them.
(d) That they are correlated with your conscience.
5. According to Freud, around what does the study of psychoanalysis revolve?
(b) Trusting one's therapist.
(c) The desire to want to get better.
(d) Replacement of pleasure principle by reality.
6. Why did Freud's mentor make such progress in psychology?
(a) He varied his testing methods.
(b) He would test random people for illness.
(c) He would note every equation he came up with.
(d) He would sequence his findings and test them.
7. At the end of the chapter, "The Theory of Sexuality," what does Freud want to accomplish?
(a) For people to be aware of mental illness.
(b) For the reader to tell someone else about his book.
(c) The reader to have a better understanding of Freudian psychology.
(d) The reader to know these are all hypotheses.
8. What symptoms does Freud's patient have after the experience in "Dreams"?
(a) A stomach ache.
(b) Migraines and problems with amnesia.
(c) Irritable Bowl Syndrome.
(d) Red bumps.
9. What reason is given for using the name Dora?
(a) It rhymes with the real patients name.
(b) It is an acronym.
(c) She is an explorer.
(d) It is a false female patients name.
10. In psychology, what is a major form of organization and research?
(a) A draft.
(b) A case study.
(c) An experiment.
(d) An outline.
11. The woman who complained about the advice given by her therapist was NOT told to do which of the following?
(a) Become a nun.
(c) Go back to her husband.
(d) Take another lover.
12. What does Freud say about the vast majority's sexual preference?
(a) They are mostly inclined towards members of the opposite sex.
(b) They like people with the same personality traits as the same sex parent.
(c) They are generally inclined towards people who are like the parent of opposite sex.
(d) They are inclined towards members of the same sex.
13. According to Freud, what does he suggest the heterosexual norm of parents typically lead to?
(a) Specific dynamic for their sexual drive to be manifested.
(b) Specific dynamics towards opposite sex children than those for the same sex children of the same parents.
(c) Their children to be heterosexual.
(d) For their children to gravitate towards people with same number in their families.
14. What does Freud NOT include to determine what is normal sexual behavior in "The Theory of Sexuality"?
15. What does "The Sexual Aberrations" section address?
(b) Sex addictions.
(d) True homosexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say about children that are twelve years old in "The Theory of Sexuality"?
2. What does Freud find as the link of most neuroses?
3. Why was the Psycho-Analytic Society formed?
4. According to Freud, what does a patient need to do during therapy?
5. What does the Final Paper focus on in the Chapter "Character and Anal Eroticism"?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)