|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say about the totem if it is a pet?
(a) It is wild.
(b) It is treated as a totem animal, not a wild adversary.
(c) It will be sacrificed by its owners.
(d) It is tame.
2. What did Freud's mentor decipher?
(a) The reasons people are neurotic.
(b) Hysterical and neurotic symptoms in men and women.
(c) Dora's illness.
(d) How to diagnose a severe case of multiple personalities.
3. What will therapists insist upon in a situation like 'Dora'?
(a) Stop treatment.
(b) To go to the hospital.
(c) Treatment of the whole family.
(d) An alternative way of treatment.
4. What is the name of Freud's daughter who is mentioned?
5. According to Freud, when are totem animals' names often used?
(a) In ceremonies and in clans.
(b) When they are born.
(c) In sacrifices.
(d) When they die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of totem does Freud say is highly dangerous to humans?
2. What is the result of Freud's patient's experience in the chapter "Dreams"?
3. What does Freud say happens if a totem's skin is worn?
4. According to Freud, what does he suggest the heterosexual norm of parents typically lead to?
5. How does Freud define narcissism?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)