|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Freud, what type of woman is most likely to withhold information during therapy?
(a) A sexually assaulted woman.
(b) A woman who is a CEO.
(c) A divorced woman.
(d) An actress.
2. Who did the translations of Freud's work from German to English?
(a) It is unclear who translated the text.
(b) W. W. Norton and Company Inc.
(c) Peter Gay.
3. What does Freud say about predominate cases of incestuous activity?
(a) They are suppressed emotions.
(b) They aren't physically acted on.
(c) They are genetic.
(d) They are physically acted on.
4. What does Freud suggest could avoid homosexuality in males?
(a) Having a more present father.
(b) Having a mean mother.
(c) Watching football.
(d) Playing sports with their father.
5. What does Freud say about repressed material in relation to the patient?
(a) It is best to ignore it.
(b) It is best to let the patient get near it.
(c) It is best to address it.
(d) It is best for the therapist to see it first.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud describe most homosexual mother's?
2. Who does Freud mention putting forth the notion of "birth trauma"?
3. What two types of libido's are mentioned in "Transitions and Revisions"?
4. What did Freud's mentor decipher?
5. What is the remainder of Freud's research in?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)