|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Psycho-Analysis in Culture , Leonardo Da Vinci.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say is needed to understand human sexuality in "The Theory of Sexuality"?
(a) Separate aberrations from healthy sexuality.
(b) Scientific research.
(c) Knowledge of how sex works prevents pregnancies.
(d) One must have sex.
2. What does each section pertain to in "The Theory of Sexuality"?
(c) Adolescent masturbation.
(d) Infantile masturbation.
3. What does Freud say about Michelangelo's sexuality?
(a) He was homosexual.
(b) He had an intellectual relationship with a woman.
(c) He was celibate.
(d) He and DaVinci were lovers.
4. What characteristics make the "talking" or "listening" cure method most effective?
(a) Act of letting out one's rage.
(b) Honest speech and carefully cultivated listening modes.
(d) Displacement theory.
5. What happens to the patient that makes her sick in "The Making of Psychoanalysis"?
(a) Her father is dying.
(b) She has a brain tumor.
(c) Her mother is dying.
(d) She lost her baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter "Dreams," how are therapeutic symptoms achieved?
2. Why was the Psycho-Analytic Society formed?
3. What does Freud deem as DaVinci's characteristic as a painter?
4. Who does Freud criticize in the beginning of "Therapy and Technique"?
5. What does Freud find causes symptoms of mental illness to subside?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)